Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 00:07   #1276
BHPian

Hello All,

I have fixed Garware Icecool Shield in my M800 last month. Heat rejection is 50%, VLT is 70%.

Though the VLT is 70%, I did not have any problem driving in heavy rains at night. Heat rejection is just okay but not impressive. But the best thing I liked is anti-glare feature. The film cuts of glare from on-coming traffic to a great extent.

I paid 3K for the film which comes with 5 years guarentee. Got it installed from a shop in Mamangalam, Cochin.

@Naveen, I'll upload pics of the windshield very soon. Though I got the new film more than a month ago, n't yet got a chance to click pics.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:11   #1277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post

@Naveen, I'll upload pics of the windshield very soon. Though I got the new film more than a month ago, n't yet got a chance to click pics.

Thanks,
Jose.

Thanks Jo. Even am planning to go for one since I hate the glaring light from oncoming traffic. Kindly upload the pics (inside and outside).

Thanks.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:05   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Guys, we have a Silver Ritz & i want to install window tints on the sides only. I have shortlisted 3M & Garware.

My requirements are-
1) Heat rejection, but of course!
2) Tints should be black in colour (i think 50 is the permissible limit) & not reflective silver or any other colour.

which product would be the best buy?
Old 9th November 2010, 13:26   #1279
BHPian

Hey,

Quick doubt..

Which is a better option? 3M Re70 or Garware IceCool Shield for the front windscreen? The cost is more or less the same, ~3.5k

Thks!
Old 9th November 2010, 13:58   #1280
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

3M - my dad has it on his car and it is really effective apart from being of a very good quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Hey,

Quick doubt..

Which is a better option? 3M Re70 or Garware IceCool Shield for the front windscreen? The cost is more or less the same, ~3.5k

Thks!
Old 26th November 2010, 23:15   #1281
BHPian

Well I visited Palika Bhawan in new Delhi last week and they were offering some local film for Rs 700 sides/rear and 1200 for garware and shade, I am pretty sure they were duplicates but the price difference is really tempting, what more one of my friends has this local sun films installed on his accent and I never felt the sun inside in Delhi summers, not sure what the heat rejection is.

Though I'm still inclined towards 3M CR70 for the front and 3M RE/CS 50/35 for sides+rear. Will there be any issues driving during night, fog and rains because of front windshield films? Also what is the difference between RE and CS visually? I don't want to get in trouble with the cops and have them rip off my 5000 rupee sun films :(
Old 19th December 2010, 01:24   #1282
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Got garware international fixed on side and rear , it is ok . The seller pushed for llumar .
Old 19th December 2010, 22:51   #1283
BANNED

I installed Huper Optic Klar 70 for front and sides on my Gypsy. I am not happy with the result on the front - I see too many grains/blur between film and windshield. I think the installer screwed up in not cleaning the windshield properly of all fluid before pasting it. Oncoming headlights look just somewhat hazy. Clarity compared to no sunfilm is poorer. I cant post pics as ALL my SD Cards have gone missing including some precious pics pending download to my PC since a whole year!!

I will check with the dealer next weekend.

Cheers

Last edited by Ragul : 19th December 2010 at 22:52.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:15   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Vkool - price increase from Jan 1 ?

Got an SMS from V-Kool folks that prices of their sun-films will be hiked 5-10% from 1st Jan.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:42   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I installed Huper Optic Klar 70 for front and sides on my Gypsy. I am not happy with the result on the front - I see too many grains/blur between film and windshield.
Blur is normal for first few days of installation. For a faster healing, park the car in sunlight if possible for few days. IMO it will take about 4-6 weeks in this winter season, for complete curing.

Last edited by Twiny : 19th December 2010 at 23:44.
Old 21st December 2010, 22:47   #1286
BHPian

Just installed Garware Ice Cool shield installed on the i20 today. So far so good, waiting for the summer.
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:23   #1287
Senior - BHPian

It too have iceshield costing 2800, it is really good and effective, it never feels like that there is an additional coating on my sunscreen...
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:41   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I installed Huper Optic Klar 70 for front and sides on my Gypsy. I am not happy with the result on the front - I see too many grains/blur between film and windshield. I think the installer screwed up in not cleaning the windshield properly of all fluid before pasting it. Oncoming headlights look just somewhat hazy. Clarity compared to no sunfilm is poorer. I cant post pics as ALL my SD Cards have gone missing including some precious pics pending download to my PC since a whole year!!

I will check with the dealer next weekend.

Cheers
Ragul, how is the windshield now? I believe the blur must have gone after the film has dried properly. I had the same problem when I installed sun-film in my car's windshield. The blur & color change was present for 2 days, and then it was gone. Other than a slight tint, one can't make out if the windshield has sun-film on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
Just installed Garware Ice Cool shield installed on the i20 today. So far so good, waiting for the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
It too have iceshield costing 2800, it is really good and effective, it never feels like that there is an additional coating on my sunscreen...
I'm having Garware Ice Cool shield (70% VLT, 50% HR) in my M800 for last 3 months. What I like in them is their ability to cut head-light glare from on-coming traffic. Though I'm not much impressed with their heat rejection capability.

Cheers,
Jose.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:15   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks Jo. Even am planning to go for one since I hate the glaring light from oncoming traffic. Kindly upload the pics (inside and outside).

Thanks.
Naveen, finally here is the pic of my car with front sun film on front windshield.

Brand is Garware Ice Cool Shield, 70% VLT, 50% HR, cost me 3K during Sep. 10.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-i20514.jpg

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:43   #1290
BHPian

Hi Guys. Could anyone recommend a good place in Delhi to get the 3M films installed? We are planning to get CR70 and RE 50 on the Vento. Travelling to Delhi in a couple of days.

One Bhpian recommended AutoMarc, but unfortunately they don't have CR 70 in stock.

Any other location in Delhi for installing 3M films would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks