Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 10:17   #2026

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Hi Fellas, installed 3M Cr70 for my front windshield and Blaupunkt for the sides and back from Sachin's autoshop, Koramangla, Bangalore. Its been a day now and I see grains (not distracting but noticeable - specially during bright mornings) on my windshield sunflim. They are not bubbles and look like shining grains (like those on shining clothes) and are there throughout. PPl at Sachin's autoshop had asked me to wipe my windshield from the inside post 2 days of installation. Haven't done that yet but doubt if thats dust as its there uniformly everywhere and looks like they wont go. Worried.

Please let me know if anyone who has installed 3m cr70 on the windshield and faced similar issues. Remedies are welcome. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2016, 11:32   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakiri View Post
Hi Fellas, installed 3M Cr70 for my front windshield and Blaupunkt for the sides and back from Sachin's autoshop, Koramangla, Bangalore. Its been a day now and I see grains (not distracting but noticeable - specially during bright mornings) on my windshield sunflim. They are not bubbles and look like shining grains (like those on shining clothes) and are there throughout. PPl at Sachin's autoshop had asked me to wipe my windshield from the inside post 2 days of installation. Haven't done that yet but doubt if thats dust as its there uniformly everywhere and looks like they wont go. Worried.

Please let me know if anyone who has installed 3m cr70 on the windshield and faced similar issues. Remedies are welcome. Thanks.
The grains are micro water drops. They will evaporate through the film. This process is slow. The screen will clear-off a week or so. It also happened in my case.
Ravindra M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:45   #2028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
The grains are micro water drops. They will evaporate through the film. This process is slow. The screen will clear-off a week or so. It also happened in my case.
Was very much worried. Thanks a lot
Old 28th January 2016, 22:33   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Happy Diwali folks!!

I got my Garware ice cool installation done last week at Evo. Installation quality/workmanship was top notch. In terms of clarity, on the first day, I could feel the vision to be slightly granular. Not distracting in any way though. I don't notice them now unless I pay close attention. Overall, I think it may not be as good as CR70(only based on feedback), but surely worth the price.

Let me know if you have questions.
I too got the Garware Ice cool 70 installed here in Pune. I got it for my Punto's windshield at 4k. I do not use my car quite regularly and so didn't get a chance to evaluate it.
However for the past one week I was driving it. The heat rejection was good, but I did notice a grainy texture. I moved sideways and it's not much pronounced.
Maybe I'm looking into too much detail. In the night, the glare of oncoming vehicles has reduced, but I can make out the grainy texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
I usually keep my car covered. I cleaned the windshield from the inside, but not in detail. Probably I'll try doing that and check.
Old 29th January 2016, 08:45   #2030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
I too got the Garware Ice cool 70 installed here in Pune. I got it for my Punto's windshield at 4k.
Can you share some pictures of it (inside and outside view)? I am planning to install this in couple of weeks. Confused with 3M CR70 and Ice cool shield. The price difference is almost 50%. I had installed Garware Silver 70 couple of days back and found it really good. Pictures can be seen here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3899610
Old 30th January 2016, 15:45   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you share some pictures of it (inside and outside view)? I am planning to install this in couple of weeks. Confused with 3M CR70 and Ice cool shield. The price difference is almost 50%. I had installed Garware Silver 70 couple of days back and found it really good. Pictures can be seen here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3899610
Here are the pics.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-ice_cool_inside.jpg

Although it's not clearly visible here, I can see a slight rainbowish tinge when viewed from outside.
Front windscreen sunfilm?-ice_cool_out.jpg

I think a lot depends on the installer too and I should've been there when it's being installed. Many of these apprehensions of mine could've been cleared by being there.
I've seen the 3M CR70 when I went there for the first detailing. They pasted the film onto the door and I found it to be clear.
I'm not able to capture it in picture, but I'm seeing a grainy texture and it's visible at night. It's not too bothersome but then, I look at things in detail and so wanted to know if anyone also is seeing this.

I found the below chart while googling for the grainy texture issue. Link
Front windscreen sunfilm?-o.jpg
rav11stars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 15:02   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakiri View Post
Was very much worried. Thanks a lot
Hey, so how's the windshield looking now? Is the grainy texture gone now?
Old 14th February 2016, 15:46   #2033
BHPian

Hey guys, just curious to know about the tints I see on high end vehicles which give off a purple or a blue tinge when you see it upfront. What film is this and how much does it cost to install?
Old 18th February 2016, 00:24   #2034
Distinguished - BHPian

I installed 3M CR 70 for front windscreen of my SX4 last week at 3M mangalore. It costed me 8k and job done was pretty good. I park my car under sun everyday and there is little difference now. Cabin definitely gets hot, but it cools down quicker with AC now.Difference is not by big margin. Also there is slight reduction in glare at night which is really useful.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th February 2016 at 00:25.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 00:57   #2035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Difference is not by big margin. Also there is slight reduction in glare at night which is really useful.
The other big difference I see is when driving in bright sunlight. Eyes are strained much less with the film in place.
Old 18th February 2016, 01:10   #2036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The other big difference I see is when driving in bright sunlight. Eyes are strained much less with the film in place.
I could not appreciate it since I always drive with my polarized shades

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th February 2016 at 01:11.
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:06   #2037
BHPian

I recently did a trip to Yelagiri from Bangalore. I am new to driving and had severe headache after facing the bright sun through out the trip. I plan to install Garware Ice cool 70 sun film for front and side windows (or any other sun film for side windows?), but not on rear because of the defogger of my Brio. Also plan to buy a good polarized sun glass with UV protection.

From this thread I understand that installation expertise of the shop is very important. Any suggestion for a good shop in Bangalore who deal with Garware?
Old 4th March 2016, 21:58   #2038
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
I recently did a trip to Yelagiri from Bangalore. I am new to driving and had severe headache after facing the bright sun through out the trip. I plan to install Garware Ice cool 70 sun film for front and side windows (or any other sun film for side windows?), but not on rear because of the defogger of my Brio. Also plan to buy a good polarized sun glass with UV protection.

From this thread I understand that installation expertise of the shop is very important. Any suggestion for a good shop in Bangalore who deal with Garware?
I would suggest 3M CR70 or Llumar Air 70 (I think its called that), based on my experience they are superior to Garware. Also you can get it on the defogger without any issues. Problems arise if the film has to be removed from the defogger.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 22:20   #2039
BHPian

Got the 3M CR70 installed on the front windscreen of my Rapid at the 3M center near Hebbal. Cost Rs.8100 and installation done very well. Yet to experience the reduced heat, but definitely reduced the night-time glare from oncoming vehicles. Of course, your own headlights seem a little dimmer
Old 5th March 2016, 22:31   #2040
BHPian

I've got 3M CR70 all around on my storme including the front windshield, done at 3M car care OMR chennai. It's great for heat reduction and absolutely no issue for night driving. Cuts the harshness on oncoming traffic glare. I've had it from day 2 on my vehicle and didn't drive on the first night so can't compare for any reduction in the headlight effectiveness but it's perfect in the current state. Highly recommended barring the issue you may face with cops.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks