Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2017, 13:36   #2146
BHPian

Installed 3M CR70 all around yesterday​ at 3M car care shop yesterday. Really fabulous service and very clean installation. It's hard to make out that there is sunfilm installed unless directly compared to car next to it. Also, the size makes it hard to guess the film.

There is remarkable difference in heat and totally worth the money spent on it.
Old 27th March 2017, 09:19   #2147
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Using the contact given by team-bhpian - condor, I completed the installation of
Garware IceCoolShield Green ( 70% VLT and 50% TSER with 5 years warranty ) on the front windshield. The installation guys came to my home and did the installation.

Cost of the film - 4200 INR ( inclusive of taxes )
Labor cost for the home visit, removing the old film ( 3m CR 70 ), cleaning up the glass of any adhesive and then sticking the new film - 1000 INR.

If I had no film installed previously, the labor cost for the home visit would have been just 250 INR.

After the work, I parked the car in the sun for it to dry properly and then took the car out for a night drive. The visibility is very good. And I am so relieved that the stress of night driving with the wrinkles on 3m CR 70 is no more. Tried driving the car in the morning and the heat rejection seems to be pretty good.

Overall, very happy with this Garware product and the work quality of Shreyas and team ( referred by team-bhpian - Condor ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Please share the details of the dealer in Bangalore along with the cost .
Thanks
PMed you the contact details.
amalji is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 12:00   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Garware IceCoolShield Green ( 70% VLT and 50% TSER with 5 years warranty ) on the front windshield. The installation guys came to my home and did the installation.

After the work, I parked the car in the sun for it to dry properly and then took the car out for a night drive. The visibility is very good. And I am so relieved that the stress of night driving with the wrinkles on 3m CR 70 is no more. Tried driving the car in the morning and the heat rejection seems to be pretty good.

Overall, very happy with this Garware product and the work quality of Shreyas and team ( referred by team-bhpian - Condor ).
I am using this film on my car for almost 6 years now.

only issue I felt was fogging during heavy showers. Particularly at night the fogging makes it almost opaque. I tried various options to clear the fog but it doesn't go.

Check if this happens on your film please.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 17:45   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
only issue I felt was fogging during heavy showers. Particularly at night the fogging makes it almost opaque. I tried various options to clear the fog but it doesn't go.
This was an issue i faced in all 3 cars with front windscreen film (Spark, Alto K10, Fiesta). Spark had Garware, while Alto and Fiesta had the 3M film. Fogging during heavy showers was a major issue and rendered the glass opaque as you pointed out. Using the defogging method mentioned in the manual would help for a short while and then it would fog up again. So this time, decided to make do without any sunfilm in the new Figo TDCi which I got recently.
Old 28th March 2017, 08:47   #2150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
This was an issue i faced in all 3 cars with front windscreen film (Spark, Alto K10, Fiesta). Spark had Garware, while Alto and Fiesta had the 3M film. Fogging during heavy showers was a major issue and rendered the glass opaque as you pointed out. Using the defogging method mentioned in the manual would help for a short while and then it would fog up again. So this time, decided to make do without any sunfilm in the new Figo TDCi which I got recently.
Weird. While, I noticed that fogging is indeed higher with the films on than without, I always could tackle it by adjusting the ac according to what the situation is. The rules that I normally use are.
  • Whenever there is fogging, switch on the AC ( regardless of how heavy the shower is or how cool it is outside ) and close all the windows. This is important because AC also acts as a de-humidifier.
  • Make sure that the air circulation is in re-circulation mode ( because you don't want to loose the de-humidified air )
  • Adjust the temperature using the temperature knob to make the cabin comfortable.
  • Try and keep the temperature in the range of "slightly warm" to "not so cold" range.
  • If the AC temperature is set on the cooler side, do not redirect the air directly to the windshield because that can cause fogging on the outside of the windshield. ( If I need to get fog out of the inner side fast, I might redirect the AC to windshield position for 1 minute to remove all the fog and then put it in normal position again to avoid the cool air causing fogging on the outside )

With the above 5 rules, I never had to face the issue of fogging on my Etios with 3m CR70 on the front and V-Kool 70 on sides and rear. I hope, Garware too gives the same experience. Will keep the forum updated, if there is any change in behavior for the garware films.
PS: I use my car extensively in very humid climates of Kerala during the monsoon season.

Last edited by amalji : 28th March 2017 at 08:56.
amalji is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 12:05   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
Weird. While, I noticed that fogging is indeed higher with the films on than without, I always could tackle it by adjusting the ac according to what the situation is. The rules that I normally use are.
  • Whenever there is fogging, switch on the AC ( regardless of how heavy the shower is or how cool it is outside ) and close all the windows. This is important because AC also acts as a de-humidifier.
  • Make sure that the air circulation is in re-circulation mode ( because you don't want to loose the de-humidified air )
  • Adjust the temperature using the temperature knob to make the cabin comfortable.
  • Try and keep the temperature in the range of "slightly warm" to "not so cold" range.
  • If the AC temperature is set on the cooler side, do not redirect the air directly to the windshield because that can cause fogging on the outside of the windshield. ( If I need to get fog out of the inner side fast, I might redirect the AC to windshield position for 1 minute to remove all the fog and then put it in normal position again to avoid the cool air causing fogging on the outside )

With the above 5 rules, I never had to face the issue of fogging on my Etios with 3m CR70 on the front and V-Kool 70 on sides and rear. I hope, Garware too gives the same experience. Will keep the forum updated, if there is any change in behavior for the garware films.
PS: I use my car extensively in very humid climates of Kerala during the monsoon season.
The fogging is despite of above measures you have mentioned. I don't know about other brands but in my car I have experiences it at least 3 of 4 times.
Old 1st April 2017, 12:43   #2152
Senior - BHPian

3M CR70 does leave a tint. To see how much, i took Alto rear glass and did half of it with 3M CR70.
They have CR90 which should give 90% VLT but don't seem to push that product. Both cost approximately the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-20170401_123503.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-20170401_123325.jpg  

Last edited by kutlee : 1st April 2017 at 12:45.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:13   #2153
Distinguished - BHPian

CR90 has much less heat rejection than CR70. But I still wish I could get it for my factory-tinted windscreen.

Indeed CR70 has a tint. Not much noticeable, but it is there. Had it on my Polo for four years. No problems whatsoever. It is probably still there, but the car was in the flood and decided not to restore myself. Even despite the car being half full of water for a couple of days, I bet the film is still there, now six years later.

I'm sure it is all in the preparation/application skill.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 11:40   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Using the contact given by team-bhpian - condor, I completed the installation of

Cost of the film - 4200 INR ( inclusive of taxes )
Labor cost for the home visit, removing the old film ( 3m CR 70 ), cleaning up the glass of any adhesive and then sticking the new film - 1000 INR.

If I had no film installed previously, the labor cost for the home visit would have been just 250 INR.

PMed you the contact details.
Please send in the details to me as well , Did you get this done in Bangalore?
Old 6th April 2017, 15:27   #2155
BHPian

Got CR70 Installed on my front windscreen and there's absolutely no difference in cabin temperature while driving in the afternoon or after having parked under the sun. Do I have to install on the sides and the rear as well? (or the garware one) ?

P.S. Leather seats.
Old 6th April 2017, 21:48   #2156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
... ... ... Do I have to install on the sides and the rear as well?
It depends on which direction the sun is coming from!

But seriously (and please excuse my joke) I think: yes you do. Sorry, it is a much bigger expense in total, but if you go back to the same place maybe you might get a better all-car deal.

Windscreen only should cut glare. Do you find it easier on the eyes? That, alone, might be worthwhile. But, for heat rejection: do the the whole car.

Having said that, I recall that I never replaced the film on my Polo rear glass, after it was smashed by a vandal, and I did not notice three-sides film being much hotter than four. But I think you, or your passenger will notice the difference when the sun is blazing on the side of the car.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:15   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Got CR70 Installed on my front windscreen and there's absolutely no difference in cabin temperature while driving in the afternoon or after having parked under the sun. Do I have to install on the sides and the rear as well? (or the garware one) ?

P.S. Leather seats.
I did all around CR70 and there is significant heat reduction. Not just the heat but the burning sensation due to direct sunlight is almost non existent now. I'm really happy with the money spent on it.
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:58   #2158
BHPian

I got cr70 for front, and re30 for the sides and rear of my Esteem. Difference is huge compared to earlier. Without the films, I used to feel like a boiled egg!
Whenever I get a new car I'll be going for cr70 all around. Should cost 25-30k.
Old 7th April 2017, 12:04   #2159
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
I did all around CR70 and there is significant heat reduction. I'm really happy with the money spent on it.

I am also planning for CR70 on front windshield mainly for glare reduction . Please provide your views on night driving after sunfilm installation . Does that help ?
Old 7th April 2017, 13:33   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
I am also planning for CR70 on front windshield mainly for glare reduction . Please provide your views on night driving after sunfilm installation . Does that help ?
I don't have 3M CR70, but from HuperOptik KLAR70 which is similar to 3M Ceramic 70. I am using this film on car since 7 years! I can say that its blessing for night driving. It cuts glare from high-beam at great extent.
Night driving in our highway (even two lanes) are easily managed. It doesn't mean that glare is completely off, but bearable.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks