Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2019, 06:17   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

If fogging is a big bother and you're unable to control - get RainX Fog Control (I heard rubbing tobacco helps as well). I was using it 2 years back. Ensure someone hand carries from abroad as most car care products sold here are fakes. As a user CR 70 on the front windscreen is a boon for me! Regarding glare from oncoming vehicles, the relief is very minimal as lights are really strong these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
I would undoubtedly not recommended the 3M CR 70 in places where it rains.
Old 5th July 2019, 15:30   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Noobie alert: how is it going to be a trap? Care to elaborate? I recently bought a jazz and was thinking to use uv blocking film on the front windscreen to help me with the huge green house. I thought it will make my drive more safe as the shop owner was telling me the film will help to reduce the glare from vehicles coming from the opposite direction at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I never had a problem in four hears of having CR70 on all five windows. This is no more an issue with film than it is without it: depending on season, time of day, etc, I have had misting problems with and without film.
For starters, it is not legal to have any kind of film on windows or windscreens. And regulators expect to have at least 70% or 75% of light through the front windscreen (& front windows in most of EU).

Do not get mistaken here, this does not mean you can have tinting of 30% as windscreen without tinting do not let 100% of light and they only let 70% - 80% of light. So, any tinting is further reducing your vision and visibility to drive safe.

For night glaring etc. there are so many night vision coolers available and I use one when it's safe for me to do so (& if it doesn't rain). I can give pointers about the ones I use.

There are others on the road and your personal choice could impact other fellow road users. So, use caution and most of all do not go against regulations.

Live to Drive!

Last edited by mpp19 : 5th July 2019 at 15:34.
Old 5th July 2019, 15:35   #2298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Thad, then any idea why I am getting it? I really wish I could find out.
Is it inside or outside? (Sorry if you already said)

In my British driving years, misting was almost always on the inside, with warmer moister air compared to the cold outside. Here, it is the opposite, with the car interior cold, and the outside air hot and humid. At least we can use the wipers, but sometimes it is a serious viability issue. It would not happen if we let the car warm up, but, obviously we want the comfort of our AC!

I'm not at all trying to deny your experience: but mine is different.

If I was not scared of the legal issues, I would get the film fitted, as my wife often complains about the direct heat. Then I'd have to date experience to share. But, with prices now over 20k, I just daren't.
Old 6th July 2019, 00:15   #2299
BHPian

I take back the fogging/streaking issues. I got the car interior detailing done and then drove to Hyderbad from Chennai. It rained on the way and I didn’t experience any issues. It seemed like I just needed a really good clean.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 00:24   #2300
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh great! I usually realise that when wipers start to squeak/streak.

Glad you have a solution.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 15:38   #2301
BHPian

Will fixing/removing parking stickers etc damage the film? More concerned about the latter.
Old 17th December 2019, 17:40   #2302

I am looking for sunfilms for my Polo GT TSI. A local shop in Pune quoted -

CR 70 windshield - Rs 7,000
RE 70 side and back - Rs 3,500
Total - Rs 10,500

I checked with the 3M store on Baner-Pashan link road and they quoted Rs 18,000 for the same. I am tempted to go with the local shop but want to be sure the film is original. Is there any way to ensure that?
Old 17th December 2019, 18:29   #2303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Will fixing/removing parking stickers etc damage the film? More concerned about the latter.
When affixing a sticker, I apply a decent amount of talcum powder on the adhesive side, and also keep a small piece of cello tape like in this image. So one half of the cello-tape strip is on the inner side of the sticker, and the other half folded over to the outer /exposed side of the sticker.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-parking.jpg

So when I have to pull out the parking sticker, I can use this cello-tape and pull out the parking sticker
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 19:08   #2304
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyme View Post
I am looking for sunfilms for my Polo GT TSI. A local shop in Pune quoted -

CR 70 windshield - Rs 7,000
RE 70 side and back - Rs 3,500
Total - Rs 10,500

I checked with the 3M store on Baner-Pashan link road and they quoted Rs 18,000 for the same. I am tempted to go with the local shop but want to be sure the film is original. Is there any way to ensure that?
CR70 clear film which blocks UV and can be fixed on to the front windshield of the car, ought not to cost you more than 9000/- at 3M as per a quote I took from them about a week or ten days ago in BLR.
After taking that quote, I just had this done for my Dad’s Glanza car and I paid only Rs 6800/- at a place called Feynlab right near my house in BLR. I chose this on account of the price for equivalent quality, the main aim being 100% UV protection in the hot sunny summer and absolutely 100% clear visibility through the front windscreen.
Old 29th December 2019, 13:35   #2305
BHPian

How is the experience with Fastag and CR70/Ice cool/Artic cool sunfilms? Is there any issue with Fastag not working with any of these films? planning on getting one of these on my jazz before summer starts in Hyderabad
Old 29th December 2019, 14:49   #2306
Senior - BHPian

My PayTM Fastag works well through the Garware Ice cool sun film of my car. I passed through multiple toll gates yesterday easily.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 14:52   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
How is the experience with Fastag and CR70/Ice cool/Artic cool sunfilms? Is there any issue with Fastag not working with any of these films? planning on getting one of these on my jazz before summer starts in Hyderabad
I have been using Fastag on CR70 for the past 2 years without any problems.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 17:08   #2308
BHPian

For the Ecosport, I got a quote of Rs 9450/- for CR70 for windscreen and Rs 5000/- for under body treatment(5 years) from a 3M dealer.

Read in the above quotes that the same can be applied at a much cheaper rate. Question being, how do I know if its original CR70 when I get it installed from some other dealer?
iamahunter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:53   #2309

I have two cars pajero and swift and I wanted to go for sunfilm from VKool for my front,back and all 4 windows,I am travelling to qatar for few days and hence was thinking of getting the sun film rolls from there for my two cars,I have local guy who has assured he can get it applied to my cars if manage to procure it ,Is it worth ,One thing is I might get a genuine film in Doha thru my local contact and price may be decent though am not sure of this.Any inputs appreciated.Do we have anyone dealing with VKool in blr?Off late any body has got it locally?
Regards/AV

Last edited by aadyavinay : 6th February 2020 at 10:55.
Old 11th March 2020, 02:06   #2310
BHPian

Hi folks. I am planning to install 3M CR70 on my Tata Nexon for windshield alone. I do have Fastag stuck on the windshield so when I checked with the installer (who quoted 9k in Teynampet - Chennai), he said that it is not a problem to install over the Fastag and it will not have any issues in future like air bubbles coming around it. I know that once Fastag is removed, it will be damaged and I have to buy a new replacement one. I am not convinced with installing windshield sun film over the Fastag. Can someone shed some light on this. Is it fine to install it over the Fastag or should I remove it and get a new Fastag after installing the sun film. Also how safe is getting the sun film cut over the Fastag part alone? Did anyone had any issue by installing it over the Fastag or cutting the sun film over the Fastag area alone? I have it stuck on the upper left side of the windshield which was stuck by the dealer them self when I bought the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks