Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 01:00   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex_guy View Post
I intend to go for sunfilm on front windshield and I have a plan to buy dashcam in near future.
I put V-Kool sunfilm on the front windscreen 10 years ago and stuck the 70 Mai Pro Dashcam on the film (behind the mirror) a couple of years ago. No issues at all.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 06:39   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Please dont suggest that dashcam be stuck on film. This has considerable weight for the film to bear, and will definitely damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I put V-Kool sunfilm on the front windscreen 10 years ago and stuck the 70 Mai Pro Dashcam on the film (behind the mirror) a couple of years ago. No issues at all. Cheers
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 16:20   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please dont suggest that dashcam be stuck on film. This has considerable weight for the film to bear, and will definitely damage.
Sebring, I am not suggesting, my post was a statement of fact. Please read again for better practical understanding.

V-Kool sunfilm was put on the front windshield of my Civic in 2010 just after I purchased the car. 70 Mai Pro dashcam has been stuck on the film behind the mirror since the last 2-3 years and there have been no issues at all with the film or the adhesive on the dashcam.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 10th March 2021 at 16:24.
Cyborg is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 22:17   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Cyborg, I got my front windshield from 3M. I have asked them if I can stick a dash-cam and they say the weight will pull it off/damage it. So mine is stuck on the black area without the film. Also in case you're changing the dash-cam unit in the future, how do you pry it off? I'm happy its working for you, really do. v-kool is a great film, and is thicker than normal. In fact, it's the only film we use in Dubai
Quote:
Sebring, I am not suggesting, my post was a statement of fact. Please read again for better practical understanding.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 16:57   #2375
BHPian

Got Garware Articool with 70 percent VLT installed on my ignis. Having tried CR70, Icecool shield, finding Articool pretty good. The front screen visibility at night seems better than CR70
Old 16th March 2021, 17:07   #2376
BHPian

I always wondered about the recently popular 3m CR70, especially considering the price difference compared other 3m products.
But recently I got it installed for the windshield in one of my cars, and now I regret not doing it before and want to get it done for my other cars ASAP.
To be honest, I dont feel any difference compared to basic gareware films during the day time. However it makes a day/night difference while driving in the dark with oncoming traffic (most of them with high beams).
I feel it has made my night time driving so much less stressful, by cutting out most of the opposite traffic light glare, and definitely a whole lot less stress on the eyes.
Anyone considering it, I would definitely recommend you to do it!
jayendra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:46   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
<snip>...V-Kool sunfilm was put on the front windshield of my Civic in 2010 just after I purchased the car. 70 Mai Pro dashcam has been stuck on the film behind the mirror since the last 2-3 years and there have been no issues at all ...<snip>
I've done the same too.
Had got 3m CR70 film on my Ecosport front windshield within a month of purchase, and just recently -couple of months ago- got 70mai smart dashcam 1S.
Installed on top of the 3m film, with the supplied anti-static sticker and it's holding on quite well.
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:51   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Summer is Coming !

Hyderabad - Vijayawada is my regular itinerary and both the cities have scorching summers.

And in Vijayawada, every day is a day of heat and so I was thinking of getting a CR70 for my Honda City .

Called the 3M LB nagar and got a quote for CR 70 - 10K change for the windshield , about 32k for 4 windows, rear glass and windshield , which baffled me .

So is the dealer taking me for a ride or are the quotes satisfactory ?

Any other alternatives for 3m as some of the bhpians have an unpleasant experience with the 3m ?

Any Cardecors offering Garware films in Hyderabad ?

Thanks in advance.
I got a CR 80 installed on the front glass about 2 years back, for approx 9.3k here in MAH.
The experience has been great. The heat reduction works.
I am even considering getting film all around now.
Old 1st April 2021, 16:26   #2379
BHPian

I am planning to replace my freestyle's windscreen as there have been multiple chips and scratches. Will the CR70 film help protect my new windscreen from small chips caused by small stones flying on highways? Also would there be any issue with rain-sensing wipers and auto headlamp sensor?
Old 1st April 2021, 16:31   #2380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
Will the CR70 film help protect my new windscreen from small chips caused by small stones flying on highways?
Sunfilm is applied on the inside and not on top /outside surface of the Windshield.
Old 1st April 2021, 16:36   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Sunfilm is applied on the inside and not on top /outside surface of the Windshield.
Yeah! got it after viewing a few videos on how it's applied!
Old 29th June 2021, 11:43   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Called the 3M LB Nagar and got a quote for CR 70 - 10K change for the windshield , about 32k for 4 windows, rear glass and windshield , which baffled me .
I've heard a similar quote for my 2015 Creta from 3m Gachibowli which was a big bummer. I've been enquiring with other detailer and accessory shops in Hyderabad and these days I've been hearing a lot about the brand "Supercool" which they say is from USA but i can't find any evidence online. seems pretty shady. OCD in jubilee hills deals with the brand cool n lite which is at least half the price but I've heard pretty bad reviews from a user who switched from CR70 after having to replace his windshield.

I'm also waiting for some clarity on this matter to pick an appropriate sun film for my ride. Let me know how your search goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayendra View Post
. However it makes a day/night difference while driving in the dark with oncoming traffic (most of them with high beams).
I feel it has made my night time driving so much less stressful, by cutting out most of the opposite traffic light glare, and definitely a whole lot less stress on the eyes.
Anyone considering it, I would definitely recommend you to do it!
This is very reassuring, thank you! Guess I just have to digest the 30-40k price tag of 3m because I do a lot of night drives as well.

Would love to get some reviews on Supercool sun film if anyone has used it for a while. Currently I'm only hearing the sales pitch from dealers all over Hyderabad
Old 30th June 2021, 11:37   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheeese View Post

I'm also waiting for some clarity on this matter to pick an appropriate sun film for my ride. Let me know how your search goes

t
So I did took the leap and got CR70 installed on my City in 3M , Rajbhavan Road . I was charged around 27k after a lot of negotiation. They took around 2 hours to install the films ( before showing the name of film on it) and asked me not to open windows for 2 days.

Most of my drives are to Vijayawada and the presence of CR70 made my drives cooler and pleasant. The morning heat of the Sun was appreciably low. I think it is a better investment if you desire to keep the car for a long time.
poised2drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:43   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
So I did took the leap and got CR70 installed on my City in 3M , Rajbhavan Road . I was charged around 27k after a lot of negotiation. They took around 2 hours to install the films ( before showing the name of film on it) and asked me not to open windows for 2 days.

Most of my drives are to Vijayawada and the presence of CR70 made my drives cooler and pleasant. The morning heat of the Sun was appreciably low. I think it is a better investment if you desire to keep the car for a long time.
Hey! Thanks for the quick update. Think I'm also going to bite the bullet and get CR70 installed on my car which I'll keep for the next 5+ years. Hope I can get a great deal as well.

Might try out supercool or coolnlite on my older car.
KingCheeese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:07   #2385
BHPian

Is it legal to install the sun films? I am considering for my Ignis as the AC is not very effective for Delhi/NCR summers and the car heats up a lot when parked outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks