Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 23:23   #1981
BHPian

Which are the most light and good performing films from Garware which will not create problems? No 3M at my place hence looking for Garware. Already purchased Arctic Cool Shield from Garware for the front windshield. Need something good for the sides and rear now. Please advise.
Old 24th March 2014, 01:27   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
With 3M there is no glue left even after years. You can keep them on till they get the replacement.
Thanks.. I am too hoping it doesnt. The 3M guys were quite confident. Hoping for the best. Meanwhile the effect of the film is considerable, remarkable improvement in cooling and sun did not hit me unlike before. The XUV has a fairly large open front screen.
Old 24th March 2014, 01:35   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
The other 3M shop at seawoods had done a good job(its opening again after change of franchise).
That's good to know 3M Seawoods is re-opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I have one query though. Is it ok to use the suction mounts for GPS and phone on the windshield after installing the film?
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think the film will come out if you use a suction cup.
No problem whatsoever. Using a Capdase mobile holder for Note 2 and no issues after 1 year. Have taken the car over varied surfaces both tared and riddled with pot holes without any issue.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 14:41   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, I will be getting 3M CR70 installed on front glass most probably next week. I have one query though. Is it ok to use the suction mounts for GPS and phone on the windshield after installing the film?
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think the film will come out if you use a suction cup.
Me too.

I have 3M CR70 on the front windshield, and use a suction cup near the top center for my GPS. Was worried it might pull the film off, but absolutely no problems.
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 15:05   #1985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SunnyBoi : I have Garware icecool on my front windshield and use a suction cup for mobile phone holder.
el lobo 6061 : Using a Capdase mobile holder for Note 2 and no issues after 1 year.
TheTeacher : I have 3M CR70 on the front windshield, and use a suction cup near the top center for my GPS.
Guys, thank you ! Glad to know I was not right on this one !
Old 25th March 2014, 12:16   #1986
BHPian

With some travels lined up in peak summer, I have decided to get Sun films with maximum transparency.

I got this quote from 3M in Sanjay Nagar for my Fluidic Verna. Is there any other shop in Bangalore where I can get the same 3M films installed cheaper?

CR70 for Front: Rs.7090 + Rs.1028 (VAT @14.5%) = Rs.8118.
RE70 for Sides and Rear: Rs.5390 + Rs.782 (VAT) = Rs.6172.
Total quote is Rs.14,290 with no discounts or offers.
Old 25th March 2014, 12:36   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
With some travels lined up in peak summer, I have decided to get Sun films with maximum transparency.

I got this quote from 3M in Sanjay Nagar for my Fluidic Verna. Is there any other shop in Bangalore where I can get the same 3M films installed cheaper?

I guess the prices at 3M are more or less the same at all centres. Here is the price list at 3M Marathahalli

Front windscreen sunfilm?-3m-sunfilm.jpg
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 20:37   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Thanks.. I am too hoping it doesnt. The 3M guys were quite confident. Hoping for the best. Meanwhile the effect of the film is considerable, remarkable improvement in cooling and sun did not hit me unlike before. The XUV has a fairly large open front screen.
Further update : The 3M palm beach vashi outlet guys called me on Friday to re do the film. I got it done today. Good neat job done. They I guess contract guys who come only to install film. I complained to them about the wash not done properly last time. They did the wash once again at no cost. Very impressed by their customer service orientation. They said if still not satisfied with film we re do again and said you pay only if satisfied.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:50   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post

Car & Style, off JC road Bangalore has quoted Rs.8000 RE70 -Front + Back + Sides and Rs.10,000 for Front CR 70 and RE70 for others. This is with bill and 3M guarantee card
dish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 15:12   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Car & Style, off JC road Bangalore has quoted Rs.8000 RE70 -Front + Back + Sides and Rs.10,000 for Front CR 70 and RE70 for others. This is with bill and 3M guarantee card
That is a huge price difference, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I already got the sun films done with 3M in Sanjay Nagar for 14K odd price quoted earlier.
Old 29th April 2014, 15:15   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Did you compare the above said price as against 3M car care

Last edited by suresh_gs : 29th April 2014 at 15:17.
Old 29th April 2014, 15:20   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Did you compare the above said price as against 3M car care
3M Car Care Sanjaynagar quoted

Rs.8200 for CR70 Front
Rs.6700 for RE70 Rear and sides

This is for Ecosport.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:15   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Which are the most light and good performing films from Garware which will not create problems? No 3M at my place hence looking for Garware. Already purchased Arctic Cool Shield from Garware for the front windshield. Need something good for the sides and rear now. Please advise.
I have the exact same question. Not for my car though.

I called up a few Garware dealers and they are completely confusing me. They are mentioning some product called "Garware Fronty" that's not even on Garware's website. A brief Google search confirms that this product exists with a 70% VLT but wonder why it's gone from their website?

How does one go about finding the heat transmission characteristics of the "Fronty" vs the Icecool 70?
Old 11th June 2014, 17:04   #1994
BHPian

old matter of 2010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I would say just be cautious while the installation is going on especially on the rear defogger. Have posted my issue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2057009 Living with it since then
new film in 2014:

Quote:
two weeks back, on my Xylo, I got the front sunfilm replaced with Garware Ice-cool Shield, total Rs.3900/-. The shop passed-on the 5 year warranty card. The earlier one was a basic Garware Cool Vision (1200/-), but was quite patchy and dirty - it lived its life. Im yet to see the heat difference, but atleast the glass has become more clearer, and good for night driving.

Now, at one place near the mirror, there is a long thin wrinkle in film, which hasnt gone smooth, though initially dealer assured me that it'll go in 2-4 days! Its not really disturbing me, but just I keep noticing it! What is the option ? Can this area be fixed ?

Another thing, in many vehicle's film (incl my earlier film), I could see the imprint of Garware IceCool Shield written atleast 2-3 places at the bottom side of film. In my case I dont find any. The only reason I could think is that guy cut-off larger piece of film to match the size of my glass, which cut the imprints. Since the film was intact and taken from the box, I hope it would be genuine. Pointers ?
Quote:
last Sun, went to dealer and using his nails he tried to clear the wrinkle, it worked only say 10-20%. His worker was away and said that it can be done using heat gun to a much larger extent. I was pressed on time, so will again visit him after few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Maybe give them one more chance then, but otherwise insist on replacing the whole thing. It's an expensive film, and nothing short of perfection is acceptable.

If he has taken his finger nails to it, he might have made a crease in the film that might not disapear even if the heat gun shrinks out the wrinkle. Insist on perfect!

It amazes me how they do fit these films so well! It should be perfect every time.
some positive update on this matter. additionally, if you notice in this post, the first quote of mine is further redirected to my matter posted of Sept 2010 !

about the newer IceCool Shield (ICS), since the dealer couldnt repair the wrinkles and even coldly washed off his hands, last week I wrote an email to Garware. I had attached the pic of wrinkle, bill and warranty card. I had given a brief of old experience with another Garware dealer (rear defogger went kaput) which wasnt actually significant as of today (!), and the recent matter about ICS @ front windshield.

I got some prompt response, phones from few gentleman within Garware. Yday day the gentleman offered me TWO (2) free replacement kits of ICS and which he personally delivered at a mutually convenient location. He said, one film is to reinstall on my front windshield, and another kit as a "token" towards the earlier bad experience !

This gesture was simply superb on Garware's part, and has instilled my confidence in the brand who really cares about its consumers. Kudos.

soon I will get the film installed, ofcourse at different dealer (and the second one would be Gifted to my B-I-L !)

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 12:58   #1995

can i have the address

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks