Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2013, 19:37   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post

No trouble with the cops? I saw CR 70 being installed on a car and noticed that it has a slight tint. Is it ok ?

Also does anyone have experience with FilmPro? What is the quality compared to 3M?
I've been on CR 70 and V-kool 70 for last 2-3 years. No issues with police till now. :-)
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 20:06   #1952
BHPian

I asked my dealer to install sunfilms on the front and side.
Being bitten by the sunfilm law, I asked him to give me a cheap but good option.

He says that he has a few sets of llumar left which has a similar rating as CR70 and has a neutral (slightly greenish hue) which cost 8.5k.

He is unsure about the model, which one could it be?

PS; The dealer is owned by my cousin's friend, thus quite reliable (Had replaced my slightly out of warranty polks without question ) and has installed the same in 10 cars in the past week
Old 14th April 2013, 20:36   #1953
Team-BHP Support

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I asked my dealer to install sunfilms on the front and side.
Being bitten by the sunfilm law, I asked him to give me a cheap but good option.

He says that he has a few sets of llumar left which has a similar rating as CR70 and has a neutral (slightly greenish hue) which cost 8.5k.

He is unsure about the model, which one could it be?

PS; The dealer is owned by my cousin's friend, thus quite reliable (Had replaced my slightly out of warranty polks without question ) and has installed the same in 10 cars in the past week
It could be PP60 or PP70. Got PP60 put on my Yeti sides and rear, and PP70 on the windshield. While not as good as darker films its way better than no films.
Old 14th April 2013, 21:22   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

It could be PP60 or PP70. Got PP60 put on my Yeti sides and rear, and PP70 on the windshield. While not as good as darker films its way better than no films.
It's VLT should be 70 or 80 by the looks of it
Old 15th April 2013, 06:39   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post

No trouble with the cops? I saw CR 70 being installed on a car and noticed that it has a slight tint. Is it ok ?
I have been stopped on various occasions for drink and drive checks, where I do roll my windows down too. None of the cops so far bothered to check for films on my car. CR70 barely has any tint.
Old 6th May 2013, 13:47   #1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Yes, this is for All 4 windows and back.2500 INR .

Garware SL 70.I did that on yesterday. If you want the contact details I can share.

Front Window Separate- Ice Cool and Cool Vision ,Artic Available. Price varies and starts from 2800-12500.

Please let me know.
Hi Binford , its great to see the glass pics on your ford ikon , please tell me the name of the film in terms of model names like ice cool , artic cool , shade etc.( as i cant see anything mentioned as SL 70 in garware website.

please select which one is yours( sl 70 ) from the following films mentioned in the garware website.
i would be obliged.

you can also visit the pdf page from the following url :-
http://www.garwaresuncontrol.com/pro.../car_packs.pdf

below is the copy paste of the above mentioned url.
also any method of verifying if the film is original authentic. (e.g i have heard their is a watermark on icecook shield , is it there on all films|?)

CAR PACKS (For sale in India only)

International
Garware Suncontrol International is value for money brand
suited best for those who want driving comfort as a
reasonable price.

Available in 8 shades and rejects heat upto 35% depending
on the shade. International comes with a 1-year warranty.
International Lite
Garware Suncontrol International LITE is compliant with the
Central Motor Vehicle Rule 1989. It’s a 2 piece films, the
film for the rear glass has a visual light transmission ( VLT)
of 70% and the film for the side windows have a VLT of
50%. Available in 2 shades and has a 1-year warranty.

Classic
Garware Suncontrol Classic is a high performance window
film specially designed to reduce the heat caused by the
rays of the sun. Available in 8 attractive shades to boost the
aesthetics of your vehicle, classic rejects upto 40% of heat
depending on the shade of the film. Classic has a warranty
period of 3 years

Classic Lite
Garware Suncontrol Classic Lite is a high performance
window film, which is compliant with the Central Motor
Vehicle Rule 1989. It’s a 2 piece films, the film for the rear
glass has a visual light transmission (VLT) of 70% and the
film for the side windows have a VLT of 50%. Available in
1shade and has a 3 year warranty.

Cool Vision
Garware Suncontrol Cool Vision is designed specially for the
windshield of your automobile. Cool In rejects heat upto
37% and has a VLT of 70% making it compliant to the
Central Motor Vehicle Rule 1989 A single shade film with a
warranty of 2 years

Cool In
Garware Suncontrol Cool In is a specially designed soft film,
which gives superior cooling effect while driving.
Available in 1 shade and blocks heat upto 50%. Cool In has
a warranty period of 3 years

Top Cool
Garware Suncontrol Topcool is an alloy-based film, which
rejects upto 55% of heat without compromising on the
visibility. Topcool adds that silvery touch to your car
windows. Available in 1 shade and has a 3-year warranty.

ICECOOL Range
Garware Suncontrol Icecool range is the top of the line
product range which gives the maximum benefit once can
expect from a solar control film. The warranty for the
Icecool range is 5 years.

Icecool Grand: High end film with a heat rejection of 70%,
the highest as compared to any solar film available.

Icecool Elite: A Central Motor Vehicle Rule 1989 compliant
film which rejects 50% and has a VLT of 70%.

Icecool Shield: Superior film developed for the front
windscreen that has a VLT of 70% and rejects heat upto
50%. Top of the line product from Garware Suncontrol.
vdpandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 14:20   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
There is quite a difference with heat control if you have 3m CR70 all over ( front, sides and rear )...
...I can vouch for this since I have been experiencing this positively in my car, after having CR70 on all sides (costs same irrespective of CR50 or CR70 on sides).

Quote:
......The real complication with sticking sun control film on rear with defogger is that if you want to peel it off at any time, it's a risky job....

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
...The bigger problem then when removing it is when putting it. ..
I think you got it the other way around.

Quote:
... The installer will use a blade to cut the film to shape so it fits correctly around the connectors...
The cutting-to-shape has to be done by keeping the film on the oustide of the glass, while the defogger strips will be present on the inner surface. Hence, chances of damaging the defogger strips exist when the film is being peeled off, than when it is being installed.

When existing film is being removed, they will usually use a sharp device to ensure that the film is completely removed : this is when the defogger strips have the highest possibility of getting cut.

This is, again, from personal experience when getting the installation done for my car.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 6th May 2013 at 14:24.
Old 6th May 2013, 14:40   #1958
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even a cheap film will work on de-foggers. I have used one for about 6 years.

The bigger problem then when removing it is when putting it. The installer will use a blade to cut the film to shape so it fits correctly around the connectors. Here they dont use anything between the film & the conductor surface, and this is where the biggest risk is - the conducting strip can get cut. This is the case with the so called "experts".
Quote:
That's weird because both the owner of 3m dealership as well as V-Kool dealership told me that the challenge is while peeling it. There were cases where defogger went bad after that. When I asked the same question before sticking V-Kool 70 on my Etios rear, the first thing they asked me was if I have films already sticked and that if that's the case, then it's risky.
An Actual example: My Cielo Rear Defogger indeed did go bad when they were removing the film. It was due to the blade cutting the element at multiple places.

I have Sunfilm installed on the Laura and the Aria and the Defogger does indeed work presently. So they did survive the installation. Now due to the new regulation I do wish to remove the film. Also in the Aria the Film has a scratch across it due to my nieces playing with something across the glass. I do wish to remove the film but am worried. The Laura has V-Kool and the Aria - Luminair.

Am given to understand that if the film comes off after pulling from the side more or less as whole or in just 2-3 segments then things are fine. But if it clings to the car and needs to be scrapped out then the defogger is in danger.

I think using a hot air blower will help the process of removing the film without damage to the defogger.

During installation though risky I think the installer used light hands and the defogger was not damaged. They can't cut the rear glass from outside for size as it has too much cladding to cover.

Further the Aria has the antenna element integrated in the rear quarter glass so am worried about damaging it too during film removal.

Last edited by ACM : 6th May 2013 at 14:45.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:35   #1959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
The cutting-to-shape has to be done by keeping the film on the oustide of the glass, while the defogger strips will be present on the inner surface. Hence, chances of damaging the defogger strips exist when the film is being peeled off, than when it is being installed.
What you describe is for the outer shape, which is correct. Only for the rear windshield with defoggers, there is an extra step where a small rectangular part must be cut to accomodate the defogger connectors. This will be done from inside, and is where the risk is.
Old 11th May 2013, 17:53   #1960
BHPian

[quote=ACM;3114027]
I think using a hot air blower will help the process of removing the film without damage to the defogger.

Recently got the rear WS sunfilm removed in my WagonR by 3M guys, they indeed used a hot air blower in the removal process and it was done without any damage to the defogger.
Old 7th February 2014, 19:26   #1961
BHPian

not sure if this is the correct place to post this stuff!
today while taking the bridge towards Vashi, saw this car having the sun-shade roller film on his front windshield, while driving! normally its just to protect from sun when parked.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-20140207_102912_img.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-20140207_102949_img.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-20140207_103036_img.jpg

not sure how comfortable it was or how desperate it was for the driver!
Old 9th February 2014, 11:27   #1962
BHPian

>>>
I want to get the sun film on my car checked. Its a VKool 70 that was put nearly four years ago. I guess it is reaching end of life.
There used to be a large VKool shop next to the Pawan Hans gate near the Juhu aerodrome- is it still around? I could not locate it on the net.

I simply have to have sunfilm because the large glass area in my car means one requires sunfilm and air-conditioning in sultry Bombay and in nearby areas.
Any advice?
Regards
issigonis
Old 9th March 2014, 12:41   #1963
BHPian

two weeks back, on my Xylo, I got the front sunfilm replaced with Garware Ice-cool Shield, total Rs.3900/-. The shop passed-on the 5 year warranty card. The earlier one was a basic Garware Cool Vision (1200/-), but was quite patchy and dirty - it lived its life. Im yet to see the heat difference, but atleast the glass has become more clearer, and good for night driving.

Now, at one place near the mirror, there is a long thin wrinkle in film, which hasnt gone smooth, though initially dealer assured me that it'll go in 2-4 days! Its not really disturbing me, but just I keep noticing it! What is the option ? Can this area be fixed ?

Another thing, in many vehicle's film (incl my earlier film), I could see the imprint of Garware IceCool Shield written atleast 2-3 places at the bottom side of film. In my case I dont find any. The only reason I could think is that guy cut-off larger piece of film to match the size of my glass, which cut the imprints. Since the film was intact and taken from the box, I hope it would be genuine. Pointers ?

Last edited by pcpranav : 9th March 2014 at 12:42.
Old 12th March 2014, 21:42   #1964
BHPian

I currently do not have any Sunfilm on my car due to the regulations. But because of the heat and the considerable amount of driving I do I am planning to install sunfilm only on the front windscreen. I was keen to install the CR70 but a colleague has one of the Garware sunfilms which is half the cost and he is very happy with it.

What do you guys advise?
ishotmydog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 00:47   #1965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Now, at one place near the mirror, there is a long thin wrinkle in film, which hasnt gone smooth, though initially dealer assured me that it'll go in 2-4 days! Its not really disturbing me, but just I keep noticing it! What is the option ? Can this area be fixed ?
Wouldn't have thought so, and it sounds like they are giving you bull.

Quote:
the imprint of Garware IceCool Shield written atleast 2-3 places at the bottom side of film.
My 3m film had "3m" all over it. The fitter just wiped it off. i don't know if he just used a water-damp cloth or some solvent, but they obviously knew how to get rid of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks