Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:46   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
You're welcome. Great, do let us know which film you're going for. LLumar has a good variety.
I must be immensely tired, just can't remember the model of the film. Shall update my punto thread tomorrow or dayafter with pictures and further details.
It's very very effective though!

Last edited by sukrit7 : 3rd May 2010 at 01:01.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:13   #1202
BHPian

I want to ask an open question to all of you who have installed front windscreen sunfilm on their cars.

The car in question is a 9 month old Alto Lxi. it has 3M RE50 on sides and RE 35 on rear.After reading this thread, I think a front Sunfilm is advantageous for my car. The following questions popped up in my mind:

1.) I want no compromises on the front windshield, so I would put 3M CR70 and nothing else, the dealer (Auto Marc) and my colleagues say this is not a valuable proposition for an ALTO. Garware & other cheap sub 1000 Rupee films don't instill confidence in me.

2.) I have been told that winter visibility(fog) is affected by using sunfilm. I partially agree to the fact, but I still want it for privacy.

3.) A friend suggested to install 6' length top and bottom windshield sunfilm, this is ok for me, but, I don't want a burqa clad car.

4.) Another option is to buy a windshield roll which can be stuck & removed at will and, which is cumbersome & is of questionable quality.

Help me guys, do you think I am making a foolish decision by using a 70%VLT sunfilm that is many times the cost of windshield in my car, or should I go for a Burqa install with a 50%VLT film. My main concerns are VLT % and privacy.
Old 6th May 2010, 23:08   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I want to ask an open question to all of you who have installed front windscreen sunfilm on their cars.

The car in question is a 9 month old Alto Lxi. it has 3M RE50 on sides and RE 35 on rear.After reading this thread, I think a front Sunfilm is advantageous for my car. The following questions popped up in my mind:

1.) I want no compromises on the front windshield, so I would put 3M CR70 and nothing else, the dealer (Auto Marc) and my colleagues say this is not a valuable proposition for an ALTO. Garware & other cheap sub 1000 Rupee films don't instill confidence in me.

2.) I have been told that winter visibility(fog) is affected by using sunfilm. I partially agree to the fact, but I still want it for privacy.

3.) A friend suggested to install 6' length top and bottom windshield sunfilm, this is ok for me, but, I don't want a burqa clad car.

4.) Another option is to buy a windshield roll which can be stuck & removed at will and, which is cumbersome & is of questionable quality.

Help me guys, do you think I am making a foolish decision by using a 70%VLT sunfilm that is many times the cost of windshield in my car, or should I go for a Burqa install with a 50%VLT film. My main concerns are VLT % and privacy.
1. Your perception of Garware is limited to the cheap versions available widely. Garware has options like Ice Cool Shield and Alps, retailing around 3k+ which have 50% Heat Rejection and 70% VLT.

2. No comments.

3. This used to be a pep trend earlier, not now.

4. Won't recommend.

If you want to go for a cheaper option, you've Garware Ice Cool Shield or Alps (same specs with green tint) or 3M RE50 for the front (50% VLT and 44% Heat Rejection). This version of 3M will cost you less as comapred to Garware Ice Cool Shield or Alps.
Old 7th May 2010, 08:29   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
1. Your perception of Garware is limited to the cheap versions available widely. Garware has options like Ice Cool Shield and Alps, retailing around 3k+ which have 50% Heat Rejection and 70% VLT.

This version of 3M will cost you less as comapred to Garware Ice Cool Shield or Alps.

Ok, I have decided 3M CR70 or Llumar AIR75. Installation at Gyro or Automarc depending upon proximity.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:40   #1205
BHPian

Can any one suggest which film among the following has got better visibility:
- 3M CR70
- Llumar AIR 75
- Garware IceCool Shield
Is there any difference in tint/shade among these?
Old 9th May 2010, 02:00   #1206
BHPian

Can someone provide the details for garware authorized dealers in bangalore?
Old 17th May 2010, 16:51   #1207
BHPian

Dea Praveen
the blurriness on the front windscreen is an installation defect. if the film is on warranty i suggest you get it removed and refixed. there are some incompetents who use a lot of soap solution while installing and this after drying up causes this blurriness. talk to Shanmuga who is from LLumar and who can give you a fairly good opinion of correct/incorrect installations(09841278623)

Last edited by sterlingjames : 17th May 2010 at 16:56.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:54   #1208
BHPian

Installed LLumar AIR 75 for Rs.5900 at GYRO. The film is clear & without any shading and difference is noted when touching outer & inner windshield.Be warned, it will not give you a 'tinted' feeling of privacy etc. If you want that, PP60 for Rs.3500 is an option.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:39   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Just got VCool installed in my Safari.

My Toll Tag (Gurgaon-Delhi expressway) however is not being read by the machine installed at the toll plaza.

There is a slight difference in the cooling.
This was my main concern before getting my front windscreen sunfilm.

However, after getting CR70, have crossed tollgate at least 20-25 times and there was no problem even once.
Old 20th May 2010, 05:35   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Toll Tag issues, never heard of them but another trouble which Sunfilms have is that of GPS Reception. I've seen certain Sunfilms being advertised as no interference with GPS devices.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:51   #1211
BHPian

Have V-Kool in my car, I am happy with the Sun Film performance, have not used my GPS much after the installation, but a weekend trip to Pune the GPS was working pretty good. It took some time to get the Satellite locked, but after that it was smooth usage all the way
Old 20th May 2010, 15:46   #1212
Senior - BHPian

I have Garware Icecool Shield on the front windhsield and Llumar 35 on side windows and rear windshield, its been a month since the installation was done. I'm thinking of getting the front windshield film removed.

Heat through the front windshield has reduce by a bit and it feels easier on the eyes at midday. But It does cut visibility by a little bit during the night, but only slightly. Glare of oncoming headlamps is reduced by a bit. There are a few scratches on the film, probably made when the installation was done and the scratches are a bit distracting when lit up by oncoming headlamps.
Old 20th May 2010, 21:44   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have Garware Icecool Shield on the front windhsield and Llumar 35 on side windows and rear windshield, its been a month since the installation was done. I'm thinking of getting the front windshield film removed.

Heat through the front windshield has reduce by a bit and it feels easier on the eyes at midday. But It does cut visibility by a little bit during the night, but only slightly. Glare of oncoming headlamps is reduced by a bit. There are a few scratches on the film, probably made when the installation was done and the scratches are a bit distracting when lit up by oncoming headlamps.
Scratches are a reason enough to get the Ice Cool Shield replaced under the 5 years warranty given by Garware.
Old 20th May 2010, 22:05   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Can any one suggest which film among the following has got better visibility:
- 3M CR70
- Llumar AIR 75
- Garware IceCool Shield
Is there any difference in tint/shade among these?
Any answers to the above questions? in terms of visibility at night and cooling?
Old 21st May 2010, 08:57   #1215
BHPian

Guys I am planning to go ahead with the below installation on my 2008 Model silver wagonR.

Sides and Rear: 3M (RE35 or CS35 or CS20) or 3M CR40
Front: 3M CR 70.

I am looking for your suggestions on factors like its color, visiblity and heat rejection (IRR) coefficients, from who already using any of the above sun films.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks