Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 10:52   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Last week I went to get films installed on my Civic. The installed (Automarc, Defence Colony) installed RE35 on sides and rear but he refused to install CR70 on the front saying this is not possible.

I told the owner and showed him some posts also on my laptop that many people have installed CR70 on Civic windscreen but his installer was not confident and suggested RE70 on the front which I refused.

Now, anybody know the place in Delhi/Gurgaon where I can get CR70 installed on the windscreen in my Civic ?
I am surprised why CR70 cannot be installed on the front while RE70 can. CR70 is no doubt thicker (compared to the likes of RE 35) but with a heater in place, the installation can be neatly done.

CR70 is expensive than RE 70 (almost double) and I heard not many people go in for CR70.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:09   #1142
Senior - BHPian

He had CR70, I saw the complete roll and they were installing that on Accord and Laura, Audi.

But, installer said that it is too difficult to install it on Civic because of thickness and less space between dashboard and windshield at the bottom. ???

Of course he said Rs.2000 for RE70 whereas he had quoted Rs.5800 for CR70 (without asking his installer if he can do it or not). These prices are without bill. He charged Rs.4000/- for sides and rear for RE35.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:23   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sam will call him and get it. Is he is Gurgaon ?
He is in Jwala Heri market, but he can send guys to anywhere with extra cost.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:45   #1144
BHPian

Which sun film do you suggest in a budget of 5000 Rupees for a year 2000 moon beam silver Maruti zen for all sides. I want 70% VLT for the front and 50% VLT for the sides and rear. Suggestions please. Please provide contact details of the dealers etc. here in NCR. I think 3M is the one to go for. Do the reliance autozone guys stock them?
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
Old 14th April 2010, 13:19   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Which sun film do you suggest in a budget of 5000 Rupees for a year 2000 moon beam silver Maruti zen for all sides. I want 70% VLT for the front and 50% VLT for the sides and rear. Suggestions please. Please provide contact details of the dealers etc. here in NCR. I think 3M is the one to go for. Do the reliance autozone guys stock them?
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
Based on the reviews that I have read here, Garware Ice Cool Shield for the Windscreen and Garware Classic for the sides are VFM. I had checked with Carnation in Sector 63, and they mentioned 2800/- for Ice Cool and around 1800/- for Garware Classic. I spoke with Garware before and they mentioned that Carnation has their authorized company installer.
Old 14th April 2010, 14:15   #1146
BHPian

windshield experts

has anyone used sunfilm solutions from windshield experts. They also have a line of products. please share experience with them as i am planning to change my windshield.
Old 14th April 2010, 14:15   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Any one has installed Photochromatic sun-film in car? The one that I saw at my Cousin's accessory shop doesn't get dark enough in the sun. I think if a (dark) photochromatic sun film is available, it would be convenient because it would be a lighter shade at night.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:39   #1148
BHPian

Now summer rains started in some locations (started here in Bangalore), how is the visibility during rain@Night through your Windshield films?
Old 14th April 2010, 17:56   #1149
BHPian

Thanks for the info. But, what about 3M? I have heard a lot about them in this thread. Aren't they better than Garware?
Old 15th April 2010, 02:02   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, anybody know the place in Delhi/Gurgaon where I can get CR70 installed on the windscreen in my Civic ?
Elegant, Lajpat Nagar sells 3M. Is CR70 the one with Purple effect? If yes, then my friend got this film installed on his SX4's front windshield from them. Batra on MG Road also sells 3M.

Also call up Sam's recommendation, I suppose he should give you a better rate.
Quote:
I think 3M is the one to go for. Do the reliance autozone guys stock them?
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
Abhinav, whatever brand you go for but don't go to Reliance Autozone. You've better installers in Local shops and they charge less. Try V-Kool, call up their office in Rajendra Place, New Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Based on the reviews that I have read here, Garware Ice Cool Shield for the Windscreen and Garware Classic for the sides are VFM. I had checked with Carnation in Sector 63, and they mentioned 2800/- for Ice Cool and around 1800/- for Garware Classic. I spoke with Garware before and they mentioned that Carnation has their authorized company installer.
The Old MRP for Icecool was Rs.2,820 and Classic Rs.1,750. Check the MRP on the box before you pay. Garware has also launched ALPS for front windshield. I'm yet to see that film but going by the price and specs, it's a rebranded Icecool Shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Any one has installed Photochromatic sun-film in car? The one that I saw at my Cousin's accessory shop doesn't get dark enough in the sun. I think if a (dark) photochromatic sun film is available, it would be convenient because it would be a lighter shade at night.
Going by the reviews, these films are useless as they fade soon. Moreover, photochromatic films don't exist and it's just a marketing gimmick.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. But, what about 3M? I have heard a lot about them in this thread. Aren't they better than Garware?
3M and Garware are competitors, one is a global brand and other is a Desi biggie. Both have great films in the market, it's just that Garware has a dominant position when it comes to VFM films.

Last edited by tsk13 : 15th April 2010 at 02:08.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:38   #1151
BHPian

has any one heard of a brand called kool tint. I was offered this for my civic at 8k+ for the sides and rear with 90 percent VLT, the website is www.kooltintusa.com . seems reasonable but want solid advice
Old 17th April 2010, 10:31   #1152
BHPian

My brother wants to get Lumar Sunfilm installed in his NHC (old). The Dealer has quoted for Front windsheild AIR75 for INR 6350. Steel 50 for sides + PP70 for back windshield (bot INR 6090/-).

I would request members to advise about Lumar films and whether the price quoted above is reasonable ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th April 2010, 17:56   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Just got VCool installed in my Safari.
The front and back cost me Rs.11,000/-
All 6 sides cost me Rs.5,000/-
Got it installed by the company guys at Reliance automart.
The details (ie. product code) will be given if interested.

No problem with mobile signals at all.
My Toll Tag (Gurgaon-Delhi expressway) however is not being read by the machine installed at the toll plaza. The company guys had warned me before. Their suggestion is that after a couple of days post installation, they would cut a part of the front windscreen film and install the Tag.

There is a slight difference in the cooling.
Hi Country Road,

It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday.
Do post the details as I am looking to get the films done on the Blue Streak.
Thanks
Khoj

PS It seems you are not very satisfied with the performance of V kool.

Last edited by khoj : 17th April 2010 at 17:58.
Old 17th April 2010, 19:59   #1154

Hi, URGENT HELP REQUIRED!! Need to get this installed within two days on my dads car as I am then goin away for a month!!!!

I want a front screen sunfilm with MAXIMUM heat rejection, MAX Glare rejection and with ZERO visibility Loss.

Alongwith I would also want to know good heat rejection films for SIDE and Back Screen? I guess I can loose some visibility on sides as its not a big issue.

The car in question is my new i20 White.

Also, Could someone also please recommend an excellent installer in Gurgaon/Delhi who has done a similar job for someone to satisfaction?

Will appreciate your response!
Old 18th April 2010, 22:16   #1155
BHPian

Need Advice

Hi Guys,
I got CR 70 installed on the front windscreen on my Linea.
Had planned to go for RE 50 for the rear and sides.
The installer told me to put Llumar Platinum series Steel /Neutral 50 instead of 3M as it is a thicker film and also has better heat rejection though on paper specs are the same as RE50.
Any suggestions/ comments.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks