Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:00   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The most VFM would be Garware Classic for the Sides with Heat Rejection upto 45%. This film costs near about 2k and comes in various shades. Since the roll was a bit wide it was able to cover the rear windshield of Santro Xing and i20. The shade which I've is Dark Natural Ash (25% Visibility).

For front I've Garware Ice Cool Shield (50% Heat Rejection, 70% Visibility and Green Tint). The shade is on the lighter side but this is one of the best VFM offerings.
My Scorpio too has the same Garware Classic on the side and rear glasses. And I am very happy about its effectiveness in the Nagpur summer (upto 47/48 degrees Celsius). I have not yet decided as to whether I should go for the Garaware Alpss or the Ice Cool Shield for the front windscreen. How much did the Garware Ice Cool Shield for the front windscreen cost you? What about night driving? Does it affect the night visibility?
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:12   #1112
BHPian

Visited them an hour back and checked Garware ALPS front windscreen for 3300/-
Has anybody used this? How good is it?
Old 4th April 2010, 17:03   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The most VFM would be Garware Classic for the Sides with Heat Rejection upto 45%. This film costs near about 2k and comes in various shades. Since the roll was a bit wide it was able to cover the rear windshield of Santro Xing and i20. The shade which I've is Dark Natural Ash (25% Visibility).

For front I've Garware Ice Cool Shield (50% Heat Rejection, 70% Visibility and Green Tint). The shade is on the lighter side but this is one of the best VFM offerings.
From where did you get it installed?
Old 5th April 2010, 00:44   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
My Scorpio too has the same Garware Classic on the side and rear glasses. And I am very happy about its effectiveness in the Nagpur summer (upto 47/48 degrees Celsius). I have not yet decided as to whether I should go for the Garaware Alpss or the Ice Cool Shield for the front windscreen. How much did the Garware Ice Cool Shield for the front windscreen cost you? What about night driving? Does it affect the night visibility?
Going by the specs and shade posted by a member regarding Alps, it seems that both Ice Cool Shield and Alps are the same. Give me a day's time and I'll confirm the difference between the two. In the meanwhile I would request you to please put up the specs of both these films along with MRP and the shade as well.

The MRP was Rs.2,820 and you can bargain on this. I've heard that the MRP has gone upto to 3k or more. It's a light shade and doesn't hinder visibility so it's never a problem driving during the night or during heavy rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Visited them an hour back and checked Garware ALPS front windscreen for 3300/-
Has anybody used this? How good is it?
Check the reply above buddy.

Quote:
From where did you get it installed?
I got it installed from my trusted installer next-door in Lajpat Nagar. He takes special care of the install when it's my car or my friend's. PS: I got the film on my own and got it installed from him though he does stock the basic Garware and other films. The latest he got was Solar Gard and it was genuine as I personally checked the Importer's details (Xenos). If you want the number let me know, I'll post it here.
Old 5th April 2010, 09:09   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Please give the details here I am also planning to install films for my Civic.

The quote I am getting for side and rear is 4k for 3M RE35/RE50/RE70 and 5800 for CR70 for front windshield.

Please also PM me your name so that I can give him your reference.
Old 5th April 2010, 09:37   #1116
BHPian

Yes, Please post the number so that I can contact them for my install.
When I checked in Gurgaon, the price for Ice Cool Shield was 2800/- and for Alps it was 3300/-. I was told that this is recently launched and the packing had the manufacturing date as Feb 2010.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:00   #1117
Senior - BHPian

I would like to install a sun film on the wind screen of my Alto. My requirements:

1) Reject as much heat, glare and UV as possible.

2) Minimum / no distortion under night or low light conditions.

3) Cost as little as possible, with a life of at least five years. My budget will be 5k at the most.

I already have 3M sun film installed at the sides and the rear wind screen though can't remember the specs.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:14   #1118
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Garware sunfilm

I got Garware Icecool Alps installed on my Indica Vista on March 18th. Front windshield Rs 2800/ (MRP is 3200/-) VLT 70% , Heat rejection 50% as per packing. I got CMV sticker ( stating sunfilm confirms to the CMV standards)with pack.
Garware classic for the sides and back Rs 1600/-

From Sachin's Autoshop, Koramangala.

Installation is good.

I have driven the car up to night 1.30 AM on two occasions on highway after installation. It is ok. No problems
Old 5th April 2010, 14:17   #1119
BHPian

@rkg, is there any appreciable difference in the cooling performance during peak hours after getting those sunfilms installed? Even i have got an Indica, so asking.

Last edited by aman9393 : 5th April 2010 at 14:19.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:36   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Please post the number so that I can contact them for my install.
When I checked in Gurgaon, the price for Ice Cool Shield was 2800/- and for Alps it was 3300/-. I was told that this is recently launched and the packing had the manufacturing date as Feb 2010.
Any good place in Gurgaon to get sunfilms with expert installer ?
Old 5th April 2010, 14:41   #1121
BHPian

I had visited Batra Care Care in Sector 14. It is near Karim and Atul Kataria Chowk. I have heard that they are good.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:53   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.

I have been to that place for wheel alignment after reading about him on Team-BHP.

Just wanted to confirm if someone has got premium films installed from there and how is the installer ?
Old 5th April 2010, 15:01   #1123
Senior - BHPian

@Gansan: I suggest you go in for 3M CR70. I have it on my Civic and the heat rejection qualities are commendable. The visibility is not at all compromised too. I spent 6K for it but since yours is an Alto, it should work out cheaper. If you are on a real tight budget then RE70 (guess that is what was told to me, need to recheck though) should serve the purpose. I was quoted 3.5K for my Civic. Since I propose to have the car for a lifetime, took the plunge and went in for CR70.

Last edited by rr_zen : 5th April 2010 at 15:12.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:03   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Yes,

I have been going through all the possible threads for last couple of days and reached to the conclusion that CR70 is the best windshield film.

Will get it done on my Civic in next couple of days.

The only concern is that my Gurgaon Toll Tag might not be accessible after putting this film.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:03   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I suggest you go in for 3M CR70. I have it on the windscreen of my Civic and the heat rejection qualities are commendable. I coughed up 6K for it and its worth the money. For an Alto, it would probably cost you less. If you are on a tight budget, then I think RE70 (guess thats the one I was told, need to recheck though) would be the ideal option. I got a quote of 3.5K for my Civic. Since I plan to have the car for a lifetime, I decided to go in for CR70.

rrzen,
can you also suggest good installers?, or the place where you got it installed?. Iam looking at 3M. CR70 or RE70 based on my Vitamin -M factor to install it this month.

Chennai heat is deadening man!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks