Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 01:46   #1261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Please ensure the installer does not let the water seep through dashboard, or you may end up like this or this.
Yeah dude, I have read it already & will be very cautious. Btw, Any suggestions for my query?

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 31st July 2010 at 01:52.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:42   #1262
BHPian

planning for sunfilms on my new punto. The dealer is suggesting ecodrive emminent series (Rs. 4500) for the front and ecodrive sessential series (rs. 3950) for the sides and back.
Is ecodrive a good brand? they have 5 yrs warranty. Should i stick to Llumar or vkool?
where should i get it done from in navi mumbai?
Old 9th August 2010, 15:46   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
planning for sunfilms on my new punto. The dealer is suggesting ecodrive emminent series (Rs. 4500) for the front and ecodrive sessential series (rs. 3950) for the sides and back.
Is ecodrive a good brand? they have 5 yrs warranty. Should i stick to Llumar or vkool?
where should i get it done from in navi mumbai?
My experience is that sun films are not THAT effective that we need to spend so much on them. I opted for llumar they work alright, but did not find them any different from my friend's Garware, never tested Vkool so cant comment.

But whatever you choose, DO NOT GET YOUR SUNFILMS DONE IN RAINY SEASON! Wait for rains to subside, in rains the films wont stick well and may cause problems!
Old 9th August 2010, 15:59   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
But whatever you choose, DO NOT GET YOUR SUNFILMS DONE IN RAINY SEASON! Wait for rains to subside, in rains the films wont stick well and may cause problems!
Didnt know that the installation would be affected by rains. I was under the impression that it would be done in an enclosed environment if we get it done from the right people.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:30   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Didnt know that the installation would be affected by rains. I was under the impression that it would be done in an enclosed environment if we get it done from the right people.
Well it is just a precaution, after all the film would be just stuck inside and would need some time to get stuck properly, which may not be possible in rains.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:29   #1266
BHPian

Folks,

Just back after getting sunfilms installed. I chose the following at rates mentioned below.

Windshield : Garware Alps - Rs. 3300
Fronts/Rear/Back: 3M RE50 - Rs. 3500

Hope these work well for me.
Old 28th September 2010, 21:38   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used Huper Optik Klar series films. If yes do they interfere in GPS signals or hamper bluetooth connections between the cell phone and the HU. Also could someone advise where in Mumbai and Delhi can I get the Huper Optik films installed.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:32   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Has anyone used Huper Optik Klar series films. If yes do they interfere in GPS signals or hamper bluetooth connections between the cell phone and the HU. Also could someone advise where in Mumbai and Delhi can I get the Huper Optik films installed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1782134-post1063.html
Old 29th September 2010, 02:42   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Where can i go to see some pictures of the cars that have the CR70 on the front,
3M RE50 on the sides? I understand it is a reflective series, but i have no clue on how the reflective tents look likes on a car. is it that gold coloured tints that are known as these reflective tints?

There is a shade by the name of dark natural / natural ash which i think are the dark coloured shades? but how does on differtiate between the two? the names dark natural/ natural ash do they have these numbers like 50/35/70????

i am lost !
Old 29th September 2010, 06:39   #1270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
DO NOT GET YOUR SUNFILMS DONE IN RAINY SEASON! Wait for rains to subside, in rains the films wont stick well and may cause problems!
Agree with Anil;it,however, also depends on the installer and how long you don't roll your windows after the job is done.

Even I was apprehensive when I got the film installed in Jul2004 - it was dry when I started off but rains started midway.But the film never gave way-no bubbles,not even a scratch in 5 years.The cops forced the film out(as part of a universal anti-film drive)
Old 29th September 2010, 10:03   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how about you post some pics of your ride showing the front windshield sunfilm. It would really help us a lot. Inside & outside pics would be simply awesome.
Thanks guys. Expecting some positive response.
Cheers.!
Old 1st October 2010, 18:50   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have a white Honda Jazz and planning to put a windscreen sunfilm. Budget is around 5000. I have been recommended 3M CR70 by a few BHPians. I have also heard about Garware Icecool series? Anyone has any firs-hand experience with Garware Icecool? Also, I believe there are several models available in the Garware Icecool series. Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

If the Garware Icecool is as good as the 3M CR70, I might go for Garware if it's cheaper. Otherwise, it is the CR70.

Experts, share your opinion please. I have very less knowledge about sunfilms.
Old 1st October 2010, 22:54   #1273
BHPian

Question about film color change: Sides/Rear I had installed Garware Charcol (not sure 40 or 50) 2years back and it was a light brown shade. But now it is giving a light greenish reflection. I am not sure, if this observation came after installing vkool70 on windshield. Any idea?
Old 2nd October 2010, 17:40   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Guys,

I have a white Honda Jazz and planning to put a windscreen sunfilm. Budget is around 5000. I have been recommended 3M CR70 by a few BHPians. I have also heard about Garware Icecool series? Anyone has any firs-hand experience with Garware Icecool? Also, I believe there are several models available in the Garware Icecool series. Can anyone recommend a specific brand?

If the Garware Icecool is as good as the 3M CR70, I might go for Garware if it's cheaper. Otherwise, it is the CR70.

Experts, share your opinion please. I have very less knowledge about sunfilms.
I believe that one of the members it is either Sahil or platzdaturbo are using Garware icecool shield on their front windscreens. The cars being BMW and Audi A4 respectively. Both have their individual ownership threads on their cars and you can search and confirm for yourself.

EDIT @all

Could some one let me know where to get Huper Optik automotive films in Bombay and New Delhi.

Last edited by khoj : 2nd October 2010 at 17:50.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:55   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
There is a shade by the name of dark natural / natural ash which i think are the dark coloured shades? but how does on differtiate between the two? the names dark natural/ natural ash do they have these numbers like 50/35/70????
Well if I am not mistaken, dark natural is 25% VLT and natural ash is 35% VLT. Not sure though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks