Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 12:32   #1366
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I am using HuperOptik ceramic 70 (front), Klar 50 side & back in my car for 1 year, I have no issue with radio frequency or Mobile for that matter. There is no visibility loss, it cuts glare during night. It however adds little dashboard reflection, in my fiesta this is not much of a problem. Best part of this film is one can't make out existence of film unless told.
It will be useful if you can share the information like price, installer address and some pictures if possible.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:02   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@DieselDunk - There will be a marginal drop in visibility when installing windshield sun films. The ones I installed is doing a pretty good job. Very little drop in visibility. It's doing the job. I park my car in an open area 6 days a week from 9-6. I can easily notice how much heat is reduced now.

@iceman - Great pics. We have similar kind of side sun films. Yes, these films are on the darker side but kinda getting used to.
Hi Naveen

Thanks mate. I also share the open parking from 9- God knows when time. Will get the same installed probably before the week. Any idea which is better RE70 or Vkool.

rgds
DP
Old 7th March 2011, 15:22   #1368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi Naveen

Thanks mate. I also share the open parking from 9- God knows when time. Will get the same installed probably before the week. Any idea which is better RE70 or Vkool.

rgds
DP
Have received mixed reactions on these. Even i was very much confused with the model. Then finally decided on LLumar. Hope others can help you out on this.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:54   #1369
Senior - BHPian

As others also have said here before, I will suggest not to mess around with the front windshield. Let that remain stock.

Every little bit of visibility matters. In normal situations it might not be making such a big difference. But in those rare conditions, like driving in rain with a car full of people (Who are already chilled to bone and hence begging you to turn AC down), on a dark unknown road, with on coming vehicles in High beam you really need every little bit of visibility.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:31   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
It will be useful if you can share the information like price, installer address and some pictures if possible.
It's already published in this link itself mate. Here are links
Price, link to installer etc.
Picture of car after installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
As others also have said here before, I will suggest not to mess around with the front windshield. Let that remain stock.

Every little bit of visibility matters. In normal situations it might not be making such a big difference. But in those rare conditions, like driving in rain with a car full of people (Who are already chilled to bone and hence begging you to turn AC down), on a dark unknown road, with on coming vehicles in High beam you really need every little bit of visibility.
Not sure what you are referring here. Current sun films will take care of most of the issue like reduction visibility, reflection , night visibilityetc quiet brilliantly. Only economical once might add to driver owes in those conditions but not the standard once. If one adds sun film for style quotient he invariably going to pay in one or the other situation.
I am using windshield sun film, been in all the situation you have mentioned, experience so far is that it didn't make driving any difficult.
Old 7th March 2011, 22:06   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I am using HuperOptik ceramic 70 (front), Klar 50 side & back in my car for 1 year, I have no issue with radio frequency or Mobile for that matter.
I think problems with mobile signal may not be faced within city limits because signals are usually strong (dangerously, at that), it may only be apparent in weak signal areas.

Do you use GPS? It is prone to blocking of (already weak) signals by sun films. Others being TPMS, RFID tags which may soon become commonplace, like GPS.

Last edited by santosh.s : 7th March 2011 at 22:07.
Old 7th March 2011, 22:29   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Interesting. Referring to this post, HuperOptik ceramic70 all around causes problems with the tag, while CR70 + metallic RE35 has no issues!
My toll tag was read every single time, not even once had any problem. I must have crossed toll gate more than 200 times now after installing the films.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 7th March 2011 at 22:33.
Old 8th March 2011, 10:03   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I think problems with mobile signal may not be faced within city limits because signals are usually strong (dangerously, at that), it may only be apparent in weak signal areas.

Do you use GPS? It is prone to blocking of (already weak) signals by sun films. Others being TPMS, RFID tags which may soon become commonplace, like GPS.
Never faced the situation! Been in remote place of Karnataka (if Agumbhe ghats counts as remote location), never had issue with mobile reception. Never used GPS so can't comment on that either. When shopping for sun films, got to know that metallic sun films do cause reception issue with radio, however HuperOptik is ceramic sun film. Hence didn't obstruct the signals. This also a reason why ceramic series cost a bomb compared to others metallic series in same brand. Also look at comparison of film types http://www.huperoptik.com/group/meistker/index_1.aspx.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 8th March 2011 at 10:08. Reason: Added link to Huper optik sunfilm comparishion
Old 8th March 2011, 10:51   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Yes, ceramic films cost a bomb and boast of not interfering with electronics. That is why it was a bit shocking to know that ceramic-70 all around caused problems!
Old 9th March 2011, 15:22   #1375
BHPian

Got Garware Icecool Shield installed in my Octy a few hours ago. MRP was 3100. Got it for 2750 (shop owner was a common friend). Prima facie the installation seems to be pretty good (done in close to 1 hour). Will update on the performance and any installation issues after a few days.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:35   #1376
BANNED

Anyone tried this treatment on their cars?

Quote:
FOREGLASS- A MULTI CLEAR NANOTECHNOLOGY NOW IN BANGALORE
ForeGlass: A German engineered Micro-Clear Nanotechnology has MULTI-Dimensional effects on automotive glasses & high-rise glass buildings when treated with ForeGlass. It is highly repellent on water, dust and pollution particles such as greasy and oily substances. Guaranteed for 1 year.
SAILENT FEATURES:
  1. GIVES CRYSTAL CLEAR VIEW IN RAIN AND REDUCES RISKS OF ACCIDENTS
  2. REMOVES MICRO SCRACHES FROM WINDSHIELDS
  3. INCREASES VISIBILITY AT NIGHT and PROTECTS FROM "HI BEAM" ANTI GLARE
  4. GIVES UV STABILITY AND REDUCES TEMPERATURE BY 8-10C
  5. WATER, DUST AND POLLUTION REPELLENT "EASY TO CLEAN"
FOREGLASS- A MULTI CLEAR NANOTECHNOLOGY NOW IN BANGALORE - Bangalore: Spare Parts - Accessories in Bangalore at Quikr Bangalore

does it work?
Old 10th March 2011, 19:33   #1377
BHPian

I am planning to go ahead with Garware ICE Cool Sheild for my wagonR from a fellow team bhpian store. What ever he recommended is still working good for me, never be in a situation to look back.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:24   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Got Garware Icecool Shield installed in my Octy a few hours ago. MRP was 3100. Got it for 2750 (shop owner was a common friend). Prima facie the installation seems to be pretty good (done in close to 1 hour). Will update on the performance and any installation issues after a few days.
Been 5 days since I got the above installed. No issues at all with installation and the film does its job well. Would definitely recommend Garware Ice Cool Shield to any prospective buyer. It's a VFM product.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:03   #1379
BHPian

V-Kool sunfilm installation done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
I am planning to install sunfilm in my Fiesta and more or less finalized V-Kool for the same.

Now the question is? which specification is to be considered?

For front, I chose VK-70. However, I am a little bit confused for the sides & rear.
Still to decide between A-50 & H-50.

My requirements are:
1. It should be colorless, and reflective and colored.
2. Heat & UV rejection should be better.

Can anyone suggest which one to go for?
Yesterday, I got the sunfilm installed in my white Fiesta.

Front: VK-70
Sides & rear: A-50.

For the front, I did not have any confusion.
But for the sides & rear, the sales agent was initially suggesting to get K-37. However, I thought of staying on the right side of the law and decided to have something of 50% visibility.
But was undecided between A-50 & H-50. However, comparing the specs and seeing both the films in person, I decided to go for A-50.

The installer came to my housing complex and did the job. The work was very professional. Everything done in 3 hours. As of now, I cannot see any problems. May be time will only tell.

They gave me the 5 year warranty card along with the bill.

The sales agent as well as the installer was very very professional.

After that, I did almost 70 KM of mixed city/highway day/night driving. No problem at all in front visibility. Being a metallic film, I was also initially wary about the mobile network reception. But did not have any problems in receiving calls.

As of now, I am a happy customer of V-KOOL. But, I will wait for 10-15 days for my final verdict. Hope the impression stays.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:36   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Re: V-Kool sunfilm installation done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Yesterday, I got the sunfilm installed in my white Fiesta.

Front: VK-70
Sides & rear: A-50.

For the front, I did not have any confusion.
But for the sides & rear, the sales agent was initially suggesting to get K-37. However, I thought of staying on the right side of the law and decided to have something of 50% visibility.
But was undecided between A-50 & H-50. However, comparing the specs and seeing both the films in person, I decided to go for A-50.

The installer came to my housing complex and did the job. The work was very professional. Everything done in 3 hours. As of now, I cannot see any problems. May be time will only tell.

They gave me the 5 year warranty card along with the bill.

The sales agent as well as the installer was very very professional.

After that, I did almost 70 KM of mixed city/highway day/night driving. No problem at all in front visibility. Being a metallic film, I was also initially wary about the mobile network reception. But did not have any problems in receiving calls.

As of now, I am a happy customer of V-KOOL. But, I will wait for 10-15 days for my final verdict. Hope the impression stays.
What was the final damage to your pocket for these films?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks