Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:26   #1336
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I also installed garware on the front windscreen(i think Icecool itself) little over a year ago, I get reflections of the dashboard ever since,making it a little uncomfortable to drive in the daytime, Got used to it tho
Is the reflection normal?
I have installed LLumar sun films on my front windscreen. No such problems with it. It's doing the job.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:50   #1337
BHPian

Dashboard reflections is possible at certain angles. If dashboard is beige color, then it will be a nuisance.
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:41   #1338
BANNED

I too have dashboard reflections with my Huper Optic Klar70 sunfilm.

Guess we have to live with it.

--R
Old 24th February 2011, 07:51   #1339
BHPian

The front sunfilms like CR70 aide in reducing glare at nights and improving AC effeciency. At the same time do they help in giving any amount of privacy for the car's occupants ? I am looking for a sunfilm which offers good visibility and privacy. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Old 24th February 2011, 09:31   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
The front sunfilms like CR70 aide in reducing glare at nights and improving AC effeciency. At the same time do they help in giving any amount of privacy for the car's occupants ? I am looking for a sunfilm which offers good visibility and privacy. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
yes, they do give privacy and the visibility isnt affected. I went for LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05
Old 24th February 2011, 17:34   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
yes, they do give privacy and the visibility isnt affected. I went for LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05
How much did it cost ?
Do you have any experience with CR70, how would this fair against the Llumar you have used ?
Old 24th February 2011, 17:55   #1342
BHPian

I have finally placed order for Llumar Platinum Steel 50 (SR) for sides and back. approx cost is 4K. I am negotiating with the dealer further as I have been a Llumar loyalist from the same dealer. Will post pics next week.

@ icemanz - good job on your car. film looks very dark when in shade. I suppose it would have been instantly hauled up by the traffic cops in Mumbai. Do let us know whether the installation is done perfectly. whether any dots/ bubbles etc.
Old 24th February 2011, 20:28   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
How much did it cost ?
Do you have any experience with CR70, how would this fair against the Llumar you have used ?
I got front, sides and rear for less than 5k. This is after some good discount from the dealer.
Havent had any personal experience with CR70. But I feel this is good since have heard a lot about them from other members. LLumar isnt that common here although it's a very reputed brand.
Am completely satisfied since the front sun film is doing a very good job. I had all things in place - privacy, heat reduction, only marginal visibility drop.
Old 24th February 2011, 20:39   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi
Would it not affect night vision especially given the badly lit roads in Chennai and highway driving. I was keen on putting it but my friends told me not to do so. any expert or experience advice on the same
My friend had a I10 with Llumar windshield film and HID installed. I was driving it for a week and no issues with visibility. The film cuts the glare and everything was good. Gave it for servicing to Kun and on return the HID went kaput and had to switch back to stock light. The visibility became worse than my Getz which had poor stock headlights and no windshield film. Had a tough time driving on bad and dark Chennai roads.
Old 25th February 2011, 00:25   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got front, sides and rear for less than 5k. This is after some good discount from the dealer.
Havent had any personal experience with CR70. But I feel this is good since have heard a lot about them from other members. LLumar isnt that common here although it's a very reputed brand.
Am completely satisfied since the front sun film is doing a very good job. I had all things in place - privacy, heat reduction, only marginal visibility drop.
Everything together under 5k? That sounds like a very neat price. Which dealer did ya go to?
Old 25th February 2011, 09:36   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Everything together under 5k? That sounds like a very neat price. Which dealer did ya go to?
Yes, I know. It was a very good deal. The shop is in Mission road, Richmond. "Final Touch". I went there with my friend, a bhpian. He is a good friend of the shop owner. SO got the discount.
Old 26th February 2011, 00:35   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
@ icemanz - good job on your car. film looks very dark when in shade. I suppose it would have been instantly hauled up by the traffic cops in Mumbai. Do let us know whether the installation is done perfectly. whether any dots/ bubbles etc.
Thanks Yashodeep. The film indeed is very dark and I am feeling uncomfortable driving at night with the windows rolled up.
I frequent long drives during the weekend with family and the amount of light transmitted by the earlier Garware international film was a discomfort for all. Hence I opted for the darker one this time.

In Mumbai you can drive with such dark tints, however the windows should be halfway down with the passengers visible to the traffic cops. I have seen several cool cabs with such dark tints.

The installation was very well done and I personally supervised each window to ensure no dots and bubbles. Moreover the intaller was an experienced guy. I could make out from the quick pace at which he finished the job.
Old 26th February 2011, 04:34   #1348
BHPian

After much reading and getting confused because of much reading I'm stuck up on what to get on my front windscreen for my palio. Lumar, 3m or vcool. Which is the best and what should be the cost. Pls help
Old 26th February 2011, 09:16   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
After much reading and getting confused because of much reading I'm stuck up on what to get on my front windscreen for my palio. Lumar, 3m or vcool. Which is the best and what should be the cost. Pls help
Yes, I had the some experience when I read this thread. But decided to go for LLumar since I saw this on my friends swift and was completely satisfied.

I went in for LLumar on Front and side windows. Everything came under 5k. Think LLumar will be cost effective when compared to other brands. Also, it does an excellent job.
Old 26th February 2011, 11:59   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I had the some experience when I read this thread. But decided to go for LLumar since I saw this on my friends swift and was completely satisfied.

I went in for LLumar on Front and side windows. Everything came under 5k. Think LLumar will be cost effective when compared to other brands. Also, it does an excellent job.

It is just too difficult for me digest the fact that you have got everything within 5K !! I am fitting Llumar only on the sides and back and that is going to cost me 4K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks