Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 20:52   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post

Questions :

1) Naveen - what mileage values are you getting on the Creta ( sorry for the rather irrelevant question on an SUV thread ). The SA kept insisting it would be in the 16+ range

2) I couldn't push the vehicle to really high speeds : what's your feedback on how it handles at 120+ KPH ?

Would you still buy it if you had an option to reconsider ?
Well, a good time to ask these two questions. I just drove the car to bangalore yesterday.

1) In cochin city, I get around 12-13 kmpl with 100% AC in pure bumper-bumper traffic. During my Bangalore run, I covered around 600 kms (50 kms being the heavy traffic in Bangalore) with exactly half a tank to spare. My previous car, ecosport used to do this exact same run finishing more than 75% of the tank (both almost having same tank capacity).

2) Once you cross 140, there's some road noise and you can feel the speed on the steering. Also, I found this worse since I have the bike carrier which causes a lot of drag and wind noise.

Would I reconsider any other car - NO!. This definitely meets all my requirements and my Bangalore run proved that. I was waiting for this drive to see whether I made the right decision. I will be coming with a small report on my drive next week.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 13:58   #152
BHPian

Thank you - mileage sounds neat. Now just twiddling my thumbs till March : really looong waiting period

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Well, a good time to ask these two questions. I just drove the car to bangalore yesterday.

1) In cochin city, I get around 12-13 kmpl with 100% AC in pure bumper-bumper traffic. During my Bangalore run, I covered around 600 kms (50 kms being the heavy traffic in Bangalore) with exactly half a tank to spare. My previous car, ecosport used to do this exact same run finishing more than 75% of the tank (both almost having same tank capacity).

2) Once you cross 140, there's some road noise and you can feel the speed on the steering. Also, I found this worse since I have the bike carrier which causes a lot of drag and wind noise.

Would I reconsider any other car - NO!. This definitely meets all my requirements and my Bangalore run proved that. I was waiting for this drive to see whether I made the right decision. I will be coming with a small report on my drive next week.
Old 29th December 2015, 07:19   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

1300+ kms drive update

The drive was to Bangalore (a trip that I always take as a benchmark to test the car) covering round 1000 kms on the highway and the rest being the mad rush in Bangalore and Cochin. Here are some of my findings (some being already reported).

1) Car topped up and I was able to complete the run (around 550kms) with little more than half a tank to spare. My return leg was also similar. 100% ACC.
2) Excellent cruiser on the highway. The drive was effortless.
3) As reported earlier, the wind noise (due to the cycle carrier) gets worse during triple digit speeds and I could easily feel the drag.
4) I found the stock headlights pretty good.
5) The car was fully loaded and although the boot is pretty spacious, the wheel well intrusion eats a lot of space. Add the non padded sections and you cant keep any loose items as it rattles. The luggage net that came along with the car was really useful.
6) RPM levels at various speeds
(a) 2000 rpm - 100kmph
(b) 2250 rpm - 120 kmph
(c) 2500 rpm - 140 kmph (am not really sure on this but guess this is it)
Since this was in the powerband, overtaking was effortless.
7) I could feel the heat inside the car pretty badly when compared to the ecosport. Wife also complained that the sun light from the front was really bad.

Current Odo reading - around 6700kms

Last edited by naveen.raju : 29th December 2015 at 07:21.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 08:09   #154
BHPian

Naveen, completely echo your thoughts.

While you were driving to Bangalore, we were driving to Cochin.

This was Creta's (read Indie) first highway drive and really enjoyed it. Since we have a penchant of carrying luggage (doesn't matter if the trip is 2 days or 1 week, the boxes remain the same), Creta served the purpose efficiently.

Covered 570 kms with half tank! Since it was closer to Christmas, the wait at 6 odd toll plazas were around 15-20 minutes each! This would have eaten into my time and a little bit into mileage.

My calculation showed a mileage of a tad above 17kmpl, with majority of highway drive and real nasty Cochin traffic.

Now at Munnar, the roads from Cochin till Munnar being excellent, effortless drive and the climb was easy.

Yes, engine noise sweeps in at higher speeds, but what the heck; loved the drive and comfort.

Just to add, the CR 70 film really helped in keeping the car a little cooler than the normal.
MindOnWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 19:42   #155
BHPian

Hi Naveen,

It's been almost 6 months since your Purchase of the Creta, and since you got it immediately after the launch, it must be the first production batch of Creta cars delivered to customers.

I'd like to know if you've faced any nagging/irritating issues or niggles with your car over the last 6 months. It might not be something major which brings your car to a complete halt, but anything which is there and is irritating. The kind witnessed generally in the first production batch of any newly launched vehicle.

You could also mention any major issues, if any faced by you.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:10   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
Hi Naveen,

It's been almost 6 months since your Purchase of the Creta, and since you got it immediately after the launch, it must be the first production batch of Creta cars delivered to customers.

I'd like to know if you've faced any nagging/irritating issues or niggles with your car over the last 6 months. It might not be something major which brings your car to a complete halt, but anything which is there and is irritating. The kind witnessed generally in the first production batch of any newly launched vehicle.

You could also mention any major issues, if any faced by you.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Few issues that I have come across:
1) The rear parcel tray jumps around and the noise can be irritating. This is because there is no padding below the parcel tray except for a small piece of felt. A small DIY that I did can be seen in this thread.
2) The grab handle squeaks when you try to close the door. But I generally use the door pocket/handle next to the power window switch to close the door. That's more convenient.
3) AVN didnt respond couple of times after initiating a call. When the call was dropped, the AVN didnt respond. Had to turn off the vehicle to get it started. This happened during the initial days. No issues now.
4) My left wiper judders occasionally. This is a problem with the wiper and need to replace it after summer. Not a big concern as of now.
5) Roof carrier makes a lot of noise while cruising. Only applicable to my car since this is an aftermarket product that I added.
6) Auto up/down feature on the driver side window sometimes doesnt work in auto mode. Happens occasionally.

These are some of the issues that I face/faced in my car. Hope this helps. And I dont think these are major issues and might be even present in the current lot.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 20:15   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Accessory Update - Sun Films

Added Garware Silver 70 films except for the front windshield. These are different from the ones I had on the Ecosport. This is a bit reflective but lighter tints with grayish shade. The ones I had on the ecosport was a bit darker than this with a greenish shade.

Havent really decided on the front films. Had planned on 3M CR70 but they are quoting 8k for the front films while Garware Icecool Shield is 4.5k. Have to decide and install in couple of weeks.

Initial Impressions:
1) A bit reflective than the ones on the Ecosport.
2) Parked the car outside for a day outside and it was pretty good when I got inside the car (better than the ones I had on the ecosport - need to really test it on more occasions before validating this claim )
3) Cabin cooled quickly than before.
4) Absolutely no problem with visibility.

Some pictures:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0006.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0007.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0008.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0009.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0010.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0011.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0013.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0014.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0015.jpg

The tints that I had on the ecosport, for reference:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20150704_184840.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20150704_184859.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 19:23   #158

Quote:
Accessory Update - Sun Films
Garware Silver 70 films looks very very Nice
- How much cost for the same?
- Where you done this?

Thanks in advance

Balu

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2016 at 23:38. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 9th February 2016, 20:00   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balugita View Post
- How much cost for the same?
- Where you done this?

Thanks in advance

Balu
Came around 3k and got it done here in Cochin. I may go for the Ice cool shield for the front windshield soon. Maybe next month.

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2016 at 23:38. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 9th March 2016, 11:22   #160
BHPian

Thanks for details updates on your Creta. I got my Creta SX delivered last week.
I had a question on speed/rpm that i had to maintain before 1st service. I know there are different opinions and big debates. What did you follow for your long drives before the service. I am scheduled to travel 700+ kms before the service, mostly on highways.

Appreciate
Old 9th March 2016, 11:33   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Came around 3k and got it done here in Cochin. I may go for the Ice cool shield for the front windshield soon. Maybe next month.
Hi Naveen

Can you tell me the dealer name in Kochi where you had done the side windows . I am planning for side/rear windows for my car first. Then plan for front windshield later on .

Thanks

Alex Paul
Old 9th March 2016, 12:27   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepmr View Post
Thanks for details updates on your Creta. I got my Creta SX delivered last week.
I had a question on speed/rpm that i had to maintain before 1st service. I know there are different opinions and big debates. What did you follow for your long drives before the service. I am scheduled to travel 700+ kms before the service, mostly on highways.

Appreciate
Congrats on your car. Hope you have an ownership report coming up. I used to keep the speed below 100 kmph. And as for the RPM, I used to keep it below 2k but occasionally, I used to take it above 2k. You need to do that - maybe 2.5k to 3k rpm at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Hi Naveen

Can you tell me the dealer name in Kochi where you had done the side windows . I am planning for side/rear windows for my car first. Then plan for front windshield later on .

Thanks

Alex Paul
This is not a dealer, but a small accessories shop but the guy who does this is from a Garware authorized dealership. The shop is "rytheon", which is right opposite the school in chambakkara.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 07:52   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Update - 10k kms

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0023.jpg

Got the service done a bit early (km wise). Here are some of the problems I reported.

1) Wiper - Had this judder feel to it. Said they would replace the entire arm next week.
2) AVN - As I had reported earlier in the thread, there were few bugs. They updated the software. Not sure if it's a genuine update or they just did a factory reset. Will need to check this in the coming days.

Details of the service bill:

1) Engine oil - 5.3L x 258.5 = 1370
2) Air Filter - 301.4
3) Oil Filter - 400.1
4) Gasket oil plug - 33.6
5) Windshield Washer - 3 x 18 = 54

Total Bill - 2400 including tax

Forgot to avoid point 5. Wasnt actually necessary.

After the service:

The engine feels a bit more refined and smooth now. It's a lot better now. Also, can feel the brakes really well now. Had this small rubbery feel before.

Odo reading - 9432 kms

Here are few pictures of the drive with few fellow BHPians.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0009.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0014.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0017.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 23:04   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First service - 1200 to 1500 (free)
Second service - 9000 to 10000 (free)
Third service - 19000 to 20000 (free)
Quote:
[u][b]Service Update - 10k kms

[u]Details of the service bill:

Total Bill - 2400 including tax
I suppose that's parts only ("free" referring to the Labour component only). But that's damn cheap for a premium car, man! You must be used to paying 10k or thereabouts for a Vento service by now.

Managed to catch up on this thread after a long time. Beautiful pics in there. Keep posting!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 08:06   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I suppose that's parts only ("free" referring to the Labour component only). But that's damn cheap for a premium car, man! You must be used to paying 10k or thereabouts for a Vento service by now.

Managed to catch up on this thread after a long time. Beautiful pics in there. Keep posting!
Thanks Anoop. Yes, just the labor charge excluding the parts. I compared with other manufacturers too and this is pretty reasonable. Luckily, we didnt didnt the vento that long to enjoy it's bills .

Here are few more pics that I took after an outing with my friends.

910 kms drive - 2 Lane Highway and ghat Section

The car performed flawlessly and I had already mentioned the pros and cons in my previous reports. Got a chance to enjoy some beautiful roads and few not so beautiful roads.

Good bits:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0027.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0254.jpg

Not so good bits:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20160418wa0020.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20160418wa0021.jpg

And how can I not click some parting shots

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0200.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0203.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0217.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0219.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0223.jpg

Odo reading - 11100+ kms

Last edited by naveen.raju : 24th April 2016 at 08:10.
naveen.raju is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks