Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 18:12   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
Hey Naveen,

It's a nice read with all those regular updates pouring in.
I'm really curious to know if you follow 4 wheel rotation or 5 wheel rotation?
Thanks. I follow 4 wheel rotation. Have used the spare only occasionally.
Old 10th July 2018, 19:16   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks. I follow 4 wheel rotation. Have used the spare only occasionally.
Thanks. I believe since you too have SX (O) the spare tyre should be of same size.
Any reason for not having all 5 in rotation?
Old 11th July 2018, 10:16   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
Thanks. I believe since you too have SX (O) the spare tyre should be of same size.
Any reason for not having all 5 in rotation?
Yes, spare is an alloy. There's a small bent in one alloy, so I use it only for emergency.
Old 29th August 2018, 11:31   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Issue:

My car faced a weird problem few days back. The left side windows (front and rear) failed to roll down. Restarted the car and yet the problem was still there. Then after 5-10 mins, it worked fine. Do let me know if anyone else experienced this.

The car had a wash pending and took it to my usual place. Applied tar remover too to get rid of the tar.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_110359.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_110533.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_105048.jpg

The window sill beading had this worn out look.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_124640.jpg

So applied vinyl polish that was lying around the house that wasn't used. Although it didn't give the desired results, it does improve the look.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_124813.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_125306.jpg

Parting shot

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180814_124613.jpg

Need to take it back to the wash soon as I had to help evacuate my cousin from their flat (thanks to the recent floods here). This was one section that I had to tackle.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180819_144324.jpg

Odo - nearing 39,000
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 09:18   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Issue:

My car faced a weird problem few days back. The left side windows (front and rear) failed to roll down. Restarted the car and yet the problem was still there. Then after 5-10 mins, it worked fine. Do let me know if anyone else experienced this.
Have faced / do face a similar issue regularly. My vehicle lies in the sun while at office and when leaving in the afternoon, the front left window often fails to roll down. Tried both switches, that on the left side as well as the one on the drivers side console.

A few minutes after I start driving and the window tends to roll down when attempted on either switch, without any other intervention.

I suspect that the beading into which the glass rests gets sticky due to the heat, thereby holding onto the glass and once the AC runs for a couple of minutes, things cool down enough and lets the glass go.

Either that or the winder motor for the glass is affected by the heat.

This started to happen probably after around 35-36k.

Planning to get it checked in a couple of weeks when the car goes in for the 40k service. @39k now.

On another note, have you replaced the tyres yet? Are you considering a change in size and / or brand / model? Personally, I think the car is adequately tyred, but the size is an awkward one to find options in, even now. Also puzzling is the fact that the stock Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport tyres are rarely if ever, available in the open market.
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 09:31   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post

Either that or the winder motor for the glass is affected by the heat.

On another note, have you replaced the tyres yet?.
I faced this issue only once and that too only the left side windows (front and rear). Keep us updated after you check with them during your service.

I haven't replaced the tires yet but seriously considering Michelin 3ST. The dude recommended BS for my usage since I drive through some of the worst sections in Cochin everyday (since michelin is soft and won't last long). I will be sticking to the stock size but also checked 225 section tires. But it's a bit expensive. Anyways, would take the call in the coming months.

Are you changing the tires?
Old 25th September 2018, 10:01   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Are you changing the tires?
Not yet. Since I have been doing 5 tyre rotation, the tyres do have some more tread life in them. Hoping that they last at least another 10k if not 15k, till about 50-55k. Just started researching on options to change to.

Don't really want to upsize given that it will further affect mileage. Also, skeptical about Michelin Primacy's for the same reason as you have stated. Too soft to handle the varied conditions that need to be driven through. I don't really baby the car through rough roads either. Will probably have to stick to the stock tyre when changing.
Old 4th October 2018, 09:12   #233
BHPian

Got the 40k service done.

Window stuck issue - The advisor mentioned that the beading on the window was fine. The problem was with the motor for the window. Can't say that I was convinced by that since the issue occurs only at a specific time of day, unless the issue is manifested due to ambient heat. Anyway, the part is under order so that it can be replaced under warranty.

The drive belt had also started fraying, so got that replaced as well.

Strangest issue faced - I had noticed some dis-coloured spotting in the crevice below the rear windshield and asked the advisor about it. The service manager offered to have it checked and offered to repaint if there was any evidence of rusting. Surprisingly, it was rust. Not sure how it is rusting from inside. Got the tailgate repainted FOC and got the bumpers repainted as well (paid) to cover the bruises of travelling in the city over close to 3 years.

Overall service cost including drive belt replacement was INR 6200.
Old 4th October 2018, 16:09   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Strangest issue faced - I had noticed some dis-coloured spotting in the crevice below the rear windshield and asked the advisor about it. The service manager offered to have it checked and offered to repaint if there was any evidence of rusting. Surprisingly, it was rust. Not sure how it is rusting from inside. Got the tailgate repainted FOC and got the bumpers repainted as well (paid) to cover the bruises of travelling in the city over close to 3 years.
I also had a small rusting issue on the front passenger door (under the beading). They retouched it but that was just a pathetic work done by them. I am trying to source "Com-paint" for these odd jobs but unable to find Hyundai white online.

6200 seems to be a reasonable amount considering I had to pay a bit more because of the brake pad replacement.
Old 5th October 2018, 08:11   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I also had a small rusting issue on the front passenger door (under the beading). They retouched it but that was just a pathetic work done by them. I am trying to source "Com-paint" for these odd jobs but unable to find Hyundai white online.

6200 seems to be a reasonable amount considering I had to pay a bit more because of the brake pad replacement.
Yes, the in-house paint shop is at best, mediocre.

I had the brake pads replaced at 30k. Also, I got discounts on the Periodic service amount and the front brake overhauling amount. Rear brake overhauling was done FOC.

6200 was just the service component. The paid painting portion was another 4750.

Last edited by RobC : 5th October 2018 at 08:12. Reason: Additional information
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:44   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Weekend Getaway!

Usually, we run off to the hills but it was different this time. We chose a place close-by and something that we haven't explored in detail.

Photos were all taken using the mobile (manual/HDR mode). Was too lazy to carry the cam.

These guys weren't happy since it was just a short drive :

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a1.jpg

Road Conditions:
The 4 lane section from Aroor to Cherthala was bumpy (patched up sections). Waze app was pretty useful in detecting the speed cams but could see many interceptors along this route. The toll plaza has multiple fastag lanes. Luckily, it wasn't very crowded and fastag did help make things easier for us. AC road was broken at many places (flood effect I suppose).

Resort was bang beside the backwater and had some great views. Overall, a good place to spend the weekend with good food and reasonable rent.

Some pictures of the resort:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a2.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a3.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a4.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a5.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a6.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a7.jpg

We did try to find many places that were featured in many regional movies but most of these were only accessible by boat. We did try few local boat rides as well.

Here's one narrow and steep bridge leading to a famous church:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a7a.jpg

And the church:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181020_111556.jpg

The beautiful road and the backwaters:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a9.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_151142.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_155707.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_155711.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_174015.jpg

Another church near the resort. And yes, that was the natural evening sky with no editing :

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_181540.jpg

And our resort:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_181613.jpg

The destination and the rate is something we never see:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_161634.jpg

Sunset view from the room:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_174305.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181019_180116.jpg

Once completed, this would be one scenic highway:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181020_174429.jpg

Sunset at Alleppey:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181020_175428.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 22nd October 2018 at 11:47.
naveen.raju is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:54   #237
BANNED

Quote:
I haven't replaced the tires yet but seriously considering Michelin 3ST.
What have you thought for the tyres?
Old 24th October 2018, 07:58   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What have you thought for the tyres?
Haven't decided but looks like the stock tyre will be better for my driving conditions.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 09:09   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Update - 50k

My major concern this time was:
1) Try a new service station (Even though I had tried a new HASS last time which was satisfactory, I had a terrible experience with the i10. So decided to switch to a different dealer).
2) Front suspension had this thud sound coming each time I drive over an uneven surface.

It was a normal service carried out except for the suspension issue mentioned above. Changed the link stabilizer under warranty which rectified this issue. Even though I used to skip the engine bay dressing and AC disinfectant, I decided to do it this time as my daily route is pretty dusty. The total bill came to around 10k.

Service center experience (VTJ Hyundai) was pretty good as well. The SA didn't push for any unwanted items and even pointed some "to-do" replacements which he said can be done next time. The best part was the wait time which was nil. My average wait time was close to 30 mins to 1 hour in the previous dealership. Definitely going back there only.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190206_181211.jpg

Decided to get a GoPro to be used as the dashcam for occasional use. Got their suction mount as well even though their accessories are pretty expensive.

The setup:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190205_155004.jpg

Sample video:

Tyre change is still pending and I haven't still made up my mind on that. I have my eyes on Yokohama Blue earth now

Shall keep the thread updated.

A parting shot (No, I didn't get my car serviced here. Just a casual visit )

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20181227_155409.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 16:39   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Arriving Soon

Purchased this last week and my cousin received the package few days back. Should be getting this in couple of weeks. Shall update my feedback later next month.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20190223wa0000.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks