Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2007, 19:16   #226

Worth the try...

I preferred a reflective film for my car as it provides privacy...I believe they also have non-reflective films which would cost u less.

Worth the try....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
2l8uloose, vid6639, teamxenos, thanks

V-Kool is off the budget (will cost 2K more). I'm actually spending on tints very reluctantly, so only medium budget (I personally don't like tints, and I feel it may affect vision to the sides and rear at night). But I do want good stuff too (And want to keep my my ICE hidden). Any money not spent on ICE is spent after a lot of heartburn

@teamxenos, my dealer said the Solar Gards look reflective from outside. Do they look too reflective, as in somewhat bling? I wouldn't like my tints to look that way. A subtle reflective look is fine. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th January 2007, 19:24   #227
BHPian

I don't know why u guys are saying Llumar is too expensive....yes, some of the higher end films they have (i.e. Steel series for sides and rear and Diamond series for front) are expensive....but u can totally go in for the following:

'Black' series for sides and rear; 'PP' series for front. In BLR, black 35/25 for S+R costs around 2k. PP 70, which is actually a pretty good screen for the front, costs ~3k.

I don't mean to be biased towards Llumar, but I feel that it's next best to VKool, at least as far as "easily available" brands go. Have no experience with 3M though....
Old 17th January 2007, 19:29   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Apparently Solar Gard has 2 coats of film with a aluminum embedded sheet in the middle that makes the film very strong, reflects a lot of heat,
That might also mess with cell phone reception.
Old 17th January 2007, 19:31   #229
BANNED

in one case the front sunfilm is an advantage..i had it done for my zen...and i had encountered a very horrible accident...and the sunfilm holded the glasss even wen it was broken...it dint fall on me...
Old 17th January 2007, 21:44   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Instead of Garware you can also consider 3M. they are lesser than llumar and V-kool but more than garware.
is it much better than garware???
is 3M the same 3M company that offers teflon coating, underbody protection, and the likes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
'Black' series for sides and rear; 'PP' series for front. In BLR, black 35/25 for S+R costs around 2k. PP 70, which is actually a pretty good screen for the front, costs ~3k.

I don't mean to be biased towards Llumar, but I feel that it's next best to VKool, at least as far as "easily available" brands go.
How do you rate these series???

IS it good??? Or cheap ones just carrying the brand name??? Pricicng seems reasonably cheap (garware was quoted at around 1.5k for S+R)
Old 17th January 2007, 21:56   #231
Team-BHP Support

3M is definitely much better than garware. I am not sure of the current prices. I had got this put on my lancer around a year back for 4K. This was the more expensive series.
Similar ones in llumar were much more.
Yes it is the same 3M which does teflon coating and other stuff for car care.
Old 17th January 2007, 22:02   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

I have installed GARWARE COOL VISION , not bad at alll ......... @ 1.2 K
Old 17th January 2007, 23:05   #233
BHPian

I too wanted to have sunflim for my Swift and enquired about it. The price i was given for S+R + front windshield for Llumar was around 4.5 k .

Can somebody specify the model no or the part no of the Llumar tints that go on the S+R and the one that goes in front, so that i can double check it with what the dealer is giving me.
Old 17th January 2007, 23:35   #234
Senior - BHPian

I have had 3M on both my cars for 3 & 2 years now & have been very satisfied. Even though both have very light films (hate dark films due to night driving issues & otherwise also) they are pretty effective in the summers. And of course provide a reasonable amount of privacy when my mother is travelling at night in her car.

I would recommend 3M/Llumar anyday over Garware.
Old 17th January 2007, 23:42   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That might also mess with cell phone reception.
These days the metal mesh cage blocking signals *seems* passe. I say that coz some cell phones do work inside an elevator. I didnt know that.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:21   #236
Senior - BHPian

@samurai, thanks for the heads up on the cell-signal thing. I'll check on that.

I have more-or-less finalised on Solar Gard. Or Llumar, if Solar Gard will mess-up my cell reception really bad.

Now, I was wondering if 50% in the sides (all side-windows) is a little too dark. I'll be doing 50% tints in the rear "windscreen" anyway. I've never driven with tints (my old 800 had 70% dark tints, but that car had no A/C, so front windows were always down), and 50-60% of my driving will be after 6.00PM. I always drive only with A/C on, so rolling down windows at night is not an option. I also make heavy use of my side mirrors (I can't reverse or park without them).

Do you folks with 50% and higher opacity tints drive at night with the windows up? Even on roads with bad to really bad lighting?

I am a real fusspot (as you folks would have understood by now), so please bear with me if these are excessively worrisome questions. I'd be grateful for comments on visibility & drivability with 50% tints
Old 18th January 2007, 11:43   #237
Senior - BHPian

You will need a pack of garware classic(1250rs for the pack) and this can cover the sides and rear. Some guys charge 1400 including fitting.

For front garware cool vision( ?) for front @ 2k

hydra; drive down to a shop by eve; check films at that time , simple!

With 50% or 30% or 70%,its the same effect at night if you have guys riding/driving around with no headlights

Last edited by jkdas : 18th January 2007 at 11:47.
Old 18th January 2007, 13:02   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How do you rate these series???
IS it good??? Or cheap ones just carrying the brand name??? Pricicng seems reasonably cheap (garware was quoted at around 1.5k for S+R)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
I too wanted to have sunflim for my Swift and enquired about it. The price i was given for S+R + front windshield for Llumar was around 4.5 k .
Can somebody specify the model no or the part no of the Llumar tints that go on the S+R and the one that goes in front, so that i can double check it with what the dealer is giving me.
Llumar's series' for S+R:
Black 35/25 - As the name implies, pretty dark tints; price range ~2k for S+R in BLR. Even though these are dark, solar rejection is slightly less than steel, below.

Steel 35/25 - Again, the name says it all - grayish tints with excellent solar rejection. Pricey too, at around 4-5k. Have heard of some people (even on this thread) using it for front sunscreen.

Llumar's series' for front windscreen:
PP 70/60 - Slightly dark tints with moderate solar rejection; definitely good budget option front front screens at between 3-4k. Also looks cool on windshields, especially if complemented with vinyls/lettering (but hey, that's just me)

Air 75/65 - Almost transparent film with excellent solar rejection; also cost a pretty penny at between 6-7k last time I checked. This really is the best film for windshields, as it has both good visibility AND heat rejection. The Air 75 is what I have on my Ikon (read my review on it earlier in this thread).
Old 18th January 2007, 13:09   #239
BHPian

I just fitted a Garware Cool Vision sunfilm extra thick quality for my Baleno windscreen. MRP Rs.1800 plus fixing charges. Absolutely transparent. No colour tinge. Very effective. No problem with cell phone reception. Regular Garware sunfilm for windscreen costs Rs.1200 MRP.
Old 19th January 2007, 19:33   #240
BHPian

Just got Garware IceCool Shield fitted on the vehicle few weeks back..got 10% off on MRP plus free installation at home because of booking from AutoCar Expo in December..(MRP is I think Rs2820)..
Very very effective..and completely transparent..no issues.

-sr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks