Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 07:29   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Thanks for the thumbs up arush.... Will get it done this week, im sticking with the cheapo tints..probably garware (since the car wont be with me for much longer)

Jk... what option of garware do you have on the windscreen?
cool vision i guess. 2k for the Xing
Old 25th July 2006, 12:52   #197
BHPian

[quote=esteem_lover]my dealer says he can fit my car (Obvious) with 3m for 3k...is it a fair price...i think it is

3k for the 3m is a great price , just make sure that the film has 3m written on it , be there to c them cut the roll , if its not a roll and pre-cut pieces , then make sure all of them have 3m writen on them , a lot of fakes around , and also a lot of times they give you 2 peices of original 3m and the rest all fake , be carefull !!
Old 26th July 2006, 14:14   #198
Senior - BHPian

thanks sahilm...i will do just that

cheers
Old 27th July 2006, 19:10   #199
BHPian

How much will it cost to put v-kool on only front windscreen of Getz??

Thanx in advance...........
Old 27th July 2006, 20:10   #200
Senior - BHPian

[quote=sahilm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
my dealer says he can fit my car (Obvious) with 3m for 3k...is it a fair price...i think it is

3k for the 3m is a great price , just make sure that the film has 3m written on it , be there to c them cut the roll , if its not a roll and pre-cut pieces , then make sure all of them have 3m writen on them , a lot of fakes around , and also a lot of times they give you 2 peices of original 3m and the rest all fake , be carefull !!
Sahilm - You're the chap with the Green ZX-12R right? I had met you some time back near Khan Market when I was riding an Aquila!!
Old 28th July 2006, 12:46   #201
BHPian

yup that was me , hows the bike doing , you still got it !!

Sahilm - You're the chap with the Green ZX-12R right? I had met you some time back near Khan Market when I was riding an Aquila!![/quote]
Old 19th September 2006, 23:57   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
I have got RE50 (sides)/RE70 (rear) birla 3M sun control film fitted to my car.
Hi,

Does the RTO approved RE50/RE70 combination help in cutting out the sun/heat ? Also does it offer any privacy compared to not having it or is it just for cutting the UV and the heat.

I am in the market for sunfilms and terribly confused. I dont want something very dark as I dont like it, but want to cut out heat and have just a tinge more privacy. I had a look at charcoal-ST 50 and it looked a bit lighter than what I want and ST-35 was a bit darker. Any advises ?

This is for a corolla h2 that has a 12% tint on the glass (from factory).
Old 10th December 2006, 23:38   #203
BHPian

Llumar's Diamond series

Well, I've gone ahead and taken the (relatively expensive) plunge with Llumar's Diamond series "Air 75" film for the windshield of my Ikon.

There's quite a few options for front screen film in India. I regret now not getting VKool almost half a year back when it cost ~6k for the Ikon. This was the same price I ended up paying for the Llumar Air 75. The Vkool film (at least in the 2 places that I know stock it) costs dam' near 9k now!

I just got the film installed today.....and I'll probably post a review of it in the next couple of days....even tomorrow if I notice a huge difference!

Now, those of u who don't have to drive long distances towards the sun (like I do) everyday, are arguably better off with just the pull-across parking screens....just don't drive with them on! (sorry, couldnt resist)

Coming back to Llumar, I was faced with basically 3 options with their range that is specifically for windshields....PP60 (darkest), PP70 (grey), and Air 75 (almost transparent). Of all 3, Air 75 had the most solar energy rejected, along with the least blocking of visible light.

PP60 was too dark I felt. PP70 was a very decent mid-range choice since it cost ~3.5k and had enough solar rejection. I was taken with the Air 75's specs and thought I might as well splurge on this as it was pretty important for me......heck, I've blown so much on useless cr*p anyway...

Sorry about rambling....Watch this space for my report!
Old 13th December 2006, 13:26   #204
BHPian

Llumar Air 75 report!

Hmm....I seem to be talking to myself on some threads, this included....but heck it's knowledge sharing isn't it??

So about the Llumar Air 75 film...well, it's g-r-e-a-t so far!!

The total irony/Murphy's Law effect was that the two mornings AFTER I installed the film, there were clouds everywhere and no sun!

Finally, today was a nice sunny morning in BLR where I could really see the difference in effect of solar heat from my driver-side window (no film) and from the windshield (Air 75). And, no, this isnt a placebo effect - I was pretty impressed with the film's heat rejection in that it kept my torso nice and cool!

Now, I don't have anything to compare the film's effect with since I've never been in a Vkool'ed or Garware'd car, but given the prices of VKool these days, I'd say the Llumar series is value for money...

The nice thing was, after installation of the main film, the guys still had enough left over to add a 'visor' strip, which probably helps even more...
Old 28th December 2006, 15:55   #205
BHPian

Hi all,

This is an amazing thread... got to know most of the sun film related issues and its features...thanks for all... and coming to my question can anyone give me an Authentic Outlet where i can get Original Sunfilm (VKool or Llumar) in Bangalore for New WagonR Vxi.

Also how 2 find out if the films are original.
Old 29th December 2006, 14:11   #206
Senior - BHPian

Got VKool premium sunfilm fitted on my car on all sides last weekend...

I must say it is very effective in cutting down heat.
Not very sure if it helps in night driving (as the dealer claimed) but it doesn't make it any worse! The day time driving is way more comfortable.

In line with RTO guidelines, I have used clear film (70%+visibility) for front and back and 50% visibility on sides.
It claims to cut 94% infrared rays, 99% UV rays but At 32k for covering all Glasses I think it was quiet expensive!

Last edited by ST7677 : 29th December 2006 at 14:12.
Old 29th December 2006, 15:56   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
At 32k for covering all Glasses I think it was quiet expensive!
That's very expensive even for a good product. You could have gotten LLumar/3M for about 4.5-5k for sides & rear. I've been using them & they are pretty good too, but haven't personally tried V-Kool to give you an accurate comparison.
Old 29th December 2006, 16:17   #208
Senior - BHPian

Not really, the basic LLumar package was costing around 12k+ and that would give only 35% solar energy cut. Moreover this 12k package had dark film at rear which is not RTO approved!
So VKool was about 3 times more effective (at least from what they claim)...

Lot of people on this forum have recommended VKool, and it is also supposed to be a security film (theft detterent) and provides best heat reduction so I went for it.
There is also a demo available with most authorized dealers which shows how effective the sunfilms are.

I am also feeling that it is quiet expensive, but it may also be because I got it done from Honda and it is with Warrenty.

Last edited by ST7677 : 29th December 2006 at 16:20.
Old 29th December 2006, 17:09   #209
Senior - BHPian

Well Vkool is totally worth it. It does help in keeping glares out in the night. I had put Lummar Film at the front and later removed it to put Vkool since the Lummar was not even close to the Vkool. Vkool is totally worth it i would say.
Old 29th December 2006, 17:09   #210
Senior - BHPian

Do let us know how the v-kool feels while driving and how much of the civics beautiful airy open-ness remains. When I sat in a car that had v-kool, I felt I was sort of looking through a permanently grey foggy windshield. Not having to drive too much in the afternoons, I prefer to leave my cars without any film (which leaves me feeling claustrophobic in any case).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks