Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 14:02   #481
BHPian

No Idea what I was thinking while I installed this in my Swift .... No way will it keep the car cool but it surely will help you make it less hotter when you park it. As per various company claims they reduce your car temperature by 13 degree. Well if you park your car in the sun, interior car temperature goes up to 45 degree and with the shield it reduces to 32 degree which is in no terms cool but definitely not as hot

Spent 7K on mine to make it "not as hot". I am sure there are other benefits to it like quick cooling and all but I am not noticing as the difference might not be as much.
Old 21st April 2008, 15:46   #482
Senior - BHPian

I completed a 2000km trip from Bangalore to Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad in my safari installed with Llumar AIR75 for the windshield and 3M Steel50 on the sides.

I must say that the Llumar on the front definitely helped keep the heat in check. It does not make if ice cold, but definitely reduces the heat by 3 to 5 degrees which definitely helps.

When parked in the sun, the steering does not scald your palms. It also helps cut the glare from the sun.
Old 27th April 2008, 13:21   #483
Senior - BHPian

Abhisheksicar - If you park your car in the sun the temperature can go very very high, not sure but definately much more that 45 deg. I guess it would be 60-75 deg, depending on which location you are in...
None of the sunfilms will help you cut 13 deg while parking. The heat would slowly build up and still reach almost the level (as if there was no sunfilm). Though the heating process will get slowed down significantly.

Good sunfilms like Llumar and vKool will help you keep the car cool while driving. I use Vkool and it has reduced my AC usage significantly. But the car still gets hot when parked in the sun. (not really sure how hot it would have got without the sunfilm, as I got them on immediately after buying the car).
Old 20th May 2008, 22:14   #484
BHPian

I guess v-cool has two versions for front. v70 is what most of the ppl will install and there must be another some v70 variant or v40 which they must be using on their demos. because in the demo it feels good but behind normal car front window It is not as helpful as demo.

Anybody have idea about this?

I am planning to put the V70 for NHC front shield and got quote from 7k - to 7.7k for pune delars. Planning to call official vcool dealer in baner pune tomorrow for the quote & for clarification. Let's see what we get.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:12   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
IMHO, I would not get a film installed on the front windscreen, regardless of the quality, simply because of reduction in view quality, and glare.
, I'll never install the sunfilm on the windscreen for the said reasons only. Though, i always prefer to have a darker film on door panes.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:37   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Abhisheksicar - If you park your car in the sun the temperature can go very very high, not sure but definately much more that 45 deg. I guess it would be 60-75 deg, depending on which location you are in...
None of the sunfilms will help you cut 13 deg while parking. The heat would slowly build up and still reach almost the level (as if there was no sunfilm). Though the heating process will get slowed down significantly.

Good sunfilms like Llumar and vKool will help you keep the car cool while driving. I use Vkool and it has reduced my AC usage significantly. But the car still gets hot when parked in the sun. (not really sure how hot it would have got without the sunfilm, as I got them on immediately after buying the car).
A good sun film postpones the heat build up rather than eliminating it. a car parked in sun will easily be upto 10 deg hotter than outside.
I drove last week on highway between 11-2 and found that my compressor kicked in fewer times (i have VKool on the windshield).
Old 21st May 2008, 11:31   #487
BHPian

Anybdy know whether sunfilm on the windscreen is allowed in delhi or not?
Old 21st May 2008, 11:47   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Anybdy know whether sunfilm on the windscreen is allowed in delhi or not?
kd
the glass of windscreen and rear window of motor vehicles should have a visibility of at least 70% .
Source :- Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Tinted Glass in Motor Vehicles

But the police wale uncle never listen to this and may stop you for having tinted windscreen.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:39   #489
BHPian

Just talked to official V-kool delear in pune and he is telling that for just front glass he will charge [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]8921 for front glass , and [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]16700 for the entire car. and there is no discount.

This is just insane

And the other delears in pune are telling me the price less by 1000k just for the font glass.

Now I don't have any idea what is going on. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
I guess v-cool has two versions for front. v70 is what most of the ppl will install and there must be another some v70 variant or v40 which they must be using on their demos. because in the demo it feels good but behind normal car front window It is not as helpful as demo.

Anybody have idea about this?

I am planning to put the V70 for NHC front shield and got quote from 7k - to 7.7k for pune delars. Planning to call official vcool dealer in baner pune tomorrow for the quote & for clarification. Let's see what we get.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:48   #490
Senior - BHPian

Just got a transparent front windscreen sun film installed for my NHC. It cost me 1600/-
Old 21st May 2008, 16:17   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Just got a transparent front windscreen sun film installed for my NHC. It cost me 1600/-
Garware Ice Cool or Cool Vision?
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:45   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Which brand is it? WHat is the heat rejection number?
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:01   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachinez View Post
Which brand is it? WHat is the heat rejection number?
Some imported brand having heat rejection of 90 something percentage. Ill get you the brand name and the % today.
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:30   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Just talked to official V-kool delear in pune and he is telling that for just front glass he will charge [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]8921 for front glass , and [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]16700 for the entire car. and there is no discount.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]This is just insane [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]And the other delears in pune are telling me the price less by 1000k just for the font glass.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Now I don't have any idea what is going on. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Yup, thats what it costs. V-kool premium for the front glass is extremely expensive. So its a choice you'll have to make. In Bangalore they give a 5% discount. It cost around 5K just for the windows and backside for an Alto and thats not the premium quality either.
Old 19th June 2008, 16:59   #495
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone heard of a brand called Cool Tint? I am considering it for my Getz CRDi's front windscreen, side, and rear. Supposed to block 95% heat in the front and 60-69% at the sides and rear.

Rates: Rs. 5500 - Front, Rs. 4800 - Side.

This is my first post (apart from my intro
Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks