Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 20:18   #1381
BHPian

Re: V-Kool sunfilm installation done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
What was the final damage to your pocket for these films?
I sent you a PM about the exact prices.

To all,
The discounted rate they provided was very competitive and made me feel that I can easily go for V-KOOL instead of Llumar.
Old 17th March 2011, 00:22   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
To all,
The discounted rate they provided was very competitive and made me feel that I can easily go for V-KOOL instead of Llumar.
Well, you could share the prices here for everyone's benefit. There's nothing wrong in sharing of commercial information as long as it is for a larger good. It is commercial exploitation of the forum that is frowned upon.
Old 17th March 2011, 16:08   #1383
BHPian

I paid a total of 16 K.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:09   #1384
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

I want to get sunfilm for sides and rear of my Fiesta. Thinking of 3M RE/CS-35 or Vkool 40 or H50. What would be the approximate price in Hyd for this?

Last edited by Neilguy : 17th March 2011 at 17:13.
Old 17th March 2011, 18:17   #1385
BHPian

I have a 3-4 year old Wagon R and I am considering getting a sunfilm installed for my front windshield. I already have decent quality sunfilm installed on the rear windscreen and all the windows. Just need something for the front because of the approaching summer.

Can somebody advice as to which is the best sunfilm for the front windshield which will have minimum to negligible impact on the visibility? And something that won't interfere with my cell phone network and GPS.

I went through this thread but there are a lot of varied answers about what to get and Vkool, Llumar and Garware are the preferred ones but most people are complaining about reduced visibility.
Old 17th March 2011, 18:48   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I have a 3-4 year old Wagon R and I am considering getting a sunfilm installed for my front windshield. I already have decent quality sunfilm installed on the rear windscreen and all the windows. Just need something for the front because of the approaching summer.

Can somebody advice as to which is the best sunfilm for the front windshield which will have minimum to negligible impact on the visibility? And something that won't interfere with my cell phone network and GPS.

I went through this thread but there are a lot of varied answers about what to get and Vkool, Llumar and Garware are the preferred ones but most people are complaining about reduced visibility.
I have LLUMAR for all around. For windshield, I would suggest that you try Charcoal Black Series CH05. Very very minute drop in visibility and significant heat reduction as well when parked in open spaces. I have got CH50 for the sides.
Old 17th March 2011, 18:57   #1387
BHPian

@Xryder
Thanks for the reply. What was the total cost for the front Charcoal Black CH05? And do you have any pics of your ride? Also, are you comfortable driving at night?
Old 17th March 2011, 21:54   #1388
BHPian

http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsGlobal.pdf

for lumnar film details
Old 17th March 2011, 22:17   #1389
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have 3M CR70 on the front windshield. Have not experienced any loss of visibility. Further, the stinging sensation of sun radiation hitting on face and hands have completely gone. Car cools nicely after the installation. Hope this helps.
Old 17th March 2011, 22:49   #1390
BHPian

Ok taking into account all the suggestions and reading a lot into this thread, this is the information that I have gathered for a front windshield sunfilm:

Vkool V70
Price: Around 8.5K
Users: Ace_F355

Garware Icecool Shield
Price: Rs. 2750 - Rs. 3000/-
Users: CESC, icemanz

Llumar Charcoal Black CH05
Price: Rs. 1800/- or so (Maruti Suzuki Swift)
Users: naveen.raju, Xryder

3M CR70
Price: Rs 7.5k (Honda Civic)
Users: dot

The Vkool V70 is totally out of my budget. The Garware Icecool Shield and Llumar CH05 are in my budget. But somebody reported dashboard reflection problems with the Garware.

I am totally confused but inclined towards the Llumar CH 05.

@dot
What is the price of the 3M CR70?

EDIT: Just adding the car models for which the prices have been quoted.

Last edited by maverick145 : 17th March 2011 at 23:15.
Old 17th March 2011, 23:10   #1391
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dot
What is the price of the 3M CR70?
Sure, Price was 6.9 + taxes. Total 7.5k at the 3M shop. This was for Civic. For Wagon R price maybe lower. If you wish I can call and find out the prices. Since I installed the film at the 3M care care shop, negotiated an additional interior detailing for the same price.
Old 17th March 2011, 23:13   #1392
BHPian

^^That would be really helpful of you if you can call and find out. But I don't think it will be cheaper than more than 1k for Wagon R. Just my assumption.

I have also just quoted prices in my last post without taking into account which cars they were. So I guess there might be price differences.
Old 18th March 2011, 09:45   #1393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Xryder
Thanks for the reply. What was the total cost for the front Charcoal Black CH05? And do you have any pics of your ride? Also, are you comfortable driving at night?
Maverick:
We got it for 2.5k. There is only a small drop in visibility (front windshield), although the side seems to be a bit dark. Night drive is comfortable and I can definitely feel the heat reduction since my car is parked in an open space when am at office. I have attached the pics of my ride.

BTW, both of us (Xryder) got the same tints all around.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050308.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050310.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050314.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050318.jpg  

Old 18th March 2011, 12:41   #1394
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^That would be really helpful of you if you can call and find out. But I don't think it will be cheaper than more than 1k for Wagon R. Just my assumption.

I have also just quoted prices in my last post without taking into account which cars they were. So I guess there might be price differences.
@maverick145, called the 3M shop. But not so good news. The price is same for Wagon R.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:34   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Guyz, is there a product called Garware FRONTY? Heard it is around 2K in bangy with installation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks