Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-43.html)

Hey guys im looking for some sunfilm for my swift. Im located in Bangalore. Ive enquired about 3M and Llumar.

When i checked about 3M the guy in Glamour Car accesories gave me a quote of 2k for the windscreen for SP-70 and 2k for the sides+rear for SP-70. However when i checked at Car Shringar, Vikram said SP-70 has been discontinued and that 3M only recommends the CR series for the Windscreen. He quoted 5k for CR70 and 2k for SP-50 for the sides and rear. Glamour said he cant get CR-70 and its only available at Maruti showrooms :S

So has anybody here used the 3M CR series and can tell me how it is? And is the price alright?

Lumar AIR75 is 5k for the windscreen and 1.8k for Steel Series for the sides+rear. How is the price? And what do you guys say about LLumar?

Thanks in advance :)

So, V-Kool 70 for about 10k is the best for front clear windscreen available India is it? What about the V-Kool X75? Are they better or worse? If better, how much do they run?

Which clear ones are the best for the side four windows? Which model in V-Kool? How much do they cost approx.?

Thanks!

X75 is worse. 5% more visibility, but a lot less heat rejection. I believe it is cheaper too.

I used VK-70 for the sides as well. Ran me 36K for the whole job. There's a Diamond series film which you can use for the sides. It is darker, but has even better heat rejection. Cost difference is minimal. 1500 bucks more for it I think.

I didn't want dark sunfilm, which is why I went with 70 all over.

P.S : Prices are for my car. Civic has a lot of window area, so it gets mighty expensive.

I have vk-70 on all sides in my Swift. It costed me 24K in Pune. It's very effective. But care should be taken while installing on the front windshield. The electronic panels should be protected well from water.

HAs anyone tried this so far, can we remove sunfilm from back in case we want after sometime, does this going to damage defoggers sticked on glass. As I was having chat with 3M distributor in Delhi and he said as we use single sheet for the back too so it will not damage defoggers, in case you want to remove it later on u can do it with damage. Any one tried this so far, as I have been told earlier that this will damage them if you remove it. Please suggest.

Just fitted V-Kool on my 2003 Honda Accord ( Type 1 launched in India) VI Generation from the V-Kool guys near Lamington Road.

Vk-70 on front ( 94% I/R Rejection)
Vk-40 on Back ( 98% I/R Rejection)
K-35 on Sides ( 60% I/R Rejection)

Must say was very happy with the attentive service. So far the results have been really good with the following effects noticed:

1. Aircon cools faster
2. Slight reduction in on coming car's headlight's Glare at night.

Although it hasn't interfered with my cell phone network, it has screwed up the GPS reception on my Blackberry 8310 ( which was used extensively on my Goa trip a month back without a single second of dropped reception). But it does work if I hook up with the satellites outside the car and continues working for quite a while after that from within the car. I guess I can live with that since we use the GPS only on out of town trips which happens 2-3 times a year.

A couple of days after the installation there was a bubble in the front windscreen film, went back to the workshop and they took out the bubble but left a minute line, they requested me to adjust but after I mentioned that I am not installing a Rs.1,300 film, therefore I want the front changed they did it immediately in the utmost professional manner.

Total Cost 20,600 after a 20% discount.

P.S. Mods not sure if this post is in the correct thread, didnt find a seperate thread for V-Kool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 1159128)
HAs anyone tried this so far, can we remove sunfilm from back in case we want after sometime, does this going to damage defoggers sticked on glass. As I was having chat with 3M distributor in Delhi and he said as we use single sheet for the back too so it will not damage defoggers, in case you want to remove it later on u can do it with damage. Any one tried this so far, as I have been told earlier that this will damage them if you remove it. Please suggest.

@Sam:

I just got this done on the 6 yr old Accord I bought a month back.

Although I have read online that the way to do this is use Ammonia ( Google it). The V-Kool guys said they would take garuntee that the demister won't be damaged while removing the old film ( which I still think they don't know how to do properly). Follows is the 5hr process they took just to remove the film from the rear screen.

1. Pulled off old film in a very nasty manner ( Later the expert told me that it should have been pulled off very very slowly)
2. Used See Spray ( available from Amway) to clean the residue glue of the old film, which entailed soaking it for a while then rubbing it with cloth.
3. Since the cloth was taking too much time they tried with the utensil washing scrubber ( the kind that looks like a roll of net) with better results but still slow.
4. The expert arrives on the scene from another installation and suggests petrol.
5. Petrol works much faster and the scrubber works better with the same, luckily it didnt leave any scratches at all.
6. After triple cleaning film installed.

They asked me to wait two days before using the rear demister, and thankfully it works perfectly.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian1979 (Post 1162654)
Although it hasn't interfered with my cell phone network, it has screwed up the GPS reception on my Blackberry 8310 ( which was used extensively on my Goa trip a month back without a single second of dropped reception). But it does work if I hook up with the satellites outside the car and continues working for quite a while after that from within the car.

I believe reduction in signals is due to use of metal in the film. However, I have heard that there are films which do not have this problem. Can somebody enlighten me as to which ones are those?

Quote:

Originally Posted by santosh.s (Post 1163057)
I believe reduction in signals is due to use of metal in the film. However, I have heard that there are films which do not have this problem. Can somebody enlighten me as to which ones are those?

LLumar film doesn't have this problem.

does the windscreen film reduce head light glare in night driving?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxx (Post 1182965)

As per my experience it slightly does.

Quote:

It does, depending on film to film.

Last evening, I installed Llumar AiR 75 at the front and HiD kits with 10,000K bulbs (I know its a bad selection, I wanted to go with 6,000K/8,000K but had no choice since the dealer goofed-up). After installation, I could hardly notice any improvement in the headlight visibility than the stock lights. Is it because of the film or the 10,000K bulbs? Can anyone help?

10000K bulbs have less usable light than 55/60w Halogens. Hell, even 8000K bulbs have less usable light than stock halogens.

And they'll make you blind in fog or rain.

Quote:

Yup,it does depending upon the make,model and type of film you are using for your windscreen.But be careful of choosing the right stuff,and the installer too.

Am also thinking tinting my winshield! Which is the best one? I dont want any sort of reflective finish like bronze and green! I just need a black tint!
It really enhance looks of the car.
How is GARWARE front tints?? I need one which come under 2-3k!