Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-110.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 (Post 2695633)
Guys, I received the following quote from Jeewajee Car Decors for my Dzire,

Garware Ice cool Shield for front (VLT 70/80 with 50/45% Heat rejection) - 3750
Garware Ice cool Elite package for rear and sides (VLT for back- 70, Sides-50) - 8900

Do you think this is reasonable? Should I haggle more for discount?

I think the price is fair for the front and perhaps you can ask for a bit more on the ice cool elite citing tbhp. However would advise you to do the front sun films at MSM/M.A.S.S. as for Dzire/Swift, one has to be careful with the sunfilm installation on the windshield as there is a potential for water to seep into the ECU. With M.A.S.S you don't have to worry as they are aware of it and you will be covered.

Having used Ice cool shield, can confirm that it is on part with 3M CR70 or Llumar AIR75. Garware Ice cool series is real value for money but the issue is that there are lot of fakes in the market. Have seen people selling fronty or cool vision (which are lower end variants) as ICE cool shield. With Jewajee, you can be assured about the genuiness.

Hi,

Have seen few vouchers in snapdeal giving sunflim at 50% discount in Chennai. Does anyone have experience with these vouchers for auto accessories ?

Jothi Car Decors Discount Coupons - Buy Jothi Car Decors Deals n Offers Online at Snapdeal.com

Ryde n Style Discount Coupons - Buy Ryde n Style Deals n Offers Online at Snapdeal.com

Can these be fake sunflims ?

Tomorrow I'm installing "Garware Ice Cool Shield" in my Safari's front wind-screen. Installer will come at home and install it. After so much of research, I found that Garware is brand, I should go for. It has 70% visibility and 50% heat rejection.

3M CR 70 is also equivalent product from 3M with 50% of heat rejection but cost almost double.

V-Cool is not cool in terms of price upwards of 11K+ only for front windscreen:eek:.

I have to analyze also how much extra I'm getting by spending two to four times more. Few Safari owners and lots of other car owners installed Garware Ice Cool Shield and they are happy. :thumbs up

Anuj, will lookforward for your feedback on this, am also planing to get sunfilm for the entire truck.

How much "ice cool shield" is costing you?

meanwhile on my Adventure i had installed infracool and i dont think it did any great job for the price spent, i,e 10k:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2703163)
Tomorrow I'm installing "Garware Ice Cool Shield" in my Safari's front wind-screen. Insltaller will come at home and install it. After so much of research, I found that Garware is brand, I should go for. It has 70% visibility and 50% heat rejection.

3M CR 70 is also equivalent product from 3M with 50% of heat rejection but cost almost double.

V-Cool is not cool in terms of price upwards of 11K+ only for front windscreen:eek:.

I have to analyze also how much extra I'm getting by spending two to four times more. Few Safari owners and lots of other car owners installed Garware Ice Cool Shield and they are happy. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2703239)
Anuj, will lookforward for your feedback on this, am also planing to get sunfilm for the entire truck.

How much "ice cool shield" is costing you?

meanwhile on my Adventure i had installed infracool and i dont think it did any great job for the price spent, i,e 10k:Shockked:

I have grueling hot summer drive to North coming up this month for more than 5K Kms. So, this film is for this summer drive to cool off cabin during daytime. Definitely, I will be able to comment after/during drive about effectness as until now I am driving without front windscreen sunfilm.

It is costing me around 2800.00 Rupees for front windscreen. Tomorrow, I will be able to comment about installer's efficiency and quality of work done.

Quote:

anujmishra : Tomorrow I'm installing "Garware Ice Cool Shield" in my Safari's front wind-screen.
anujmishra : Tomorrow, I will be able to comment about installer's efficiency and quality of work done.
@Anuj, any updates ?

Garware has a front windscreen film called "Fronty" which has a VLT of 70% and TSER of 37%(as stated on the pack cover). However I dont see this "fronty" anywhere on Garware's website. It is damn cheap-1500 Rs for i10. Is this really a Garware product?
3M's CR70 costs 4000Rs and VKOOL's VK70 costs 11000Rs for i10.
Problem is in Udupi, CR70 is not available, even Garware's ice cool shield is not available. Anybody here have used "Fronty"?

Anuj look forward for your update, btw am keen to know what made you select garware, almost all dealers see this brand down, am not a brand person and if i have to pay premium price for the 3Ms fr just the brand name then i will just close my eyes and pick this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcpranav (Post 2695801)
Sharing my experience. I got my Xylo in June'10 and had Garware installed from an accessory shop. The windows and rear windshield were done for Rs.1200/-; I remember selecting 1 shade darker than 'RTO'; - not that bad for the price. An incident not hard to forget, but no action taken yet : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2057009

Initially, I wasn't in favor of putting film on front windshield but still asked the prices - VKool (at an authorized store) for Rs.6500, Garware Ice-Cool (remember some 20% reduction one) for Rs.1800/-, Llumar was Rs.2500 and 3M at Rs.3500. I selected the Garware one thinking of the cheapest and something better than nothing! The front one is surely not good enough in preventing heat, some reflection, and over the period of time have developed lot of swirl marks and spots. Not a priority, but at a later date, I would get the front one removed (carefully) and get something like Llumar / 3M.

OT: I had read on this forum about some films containing 'metal' and may interfere with radio or esp GPS signal reception in the cabin.

sorry friends for a mistake in above - actually I've put Garware Cool Vision for front (as imprinted on the film)

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2705446)
@Anuj, any updates ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2705494)
Anuj look forward for your update...

On Tuesday, I installed Garware Ice Cool Shield on front windscreen and installer came to home and installed it. I contacted distributor of Garware (Meda Windows and Sunfilm) for this fitting. They handover installing work to local installer and you have to monitor continuously for quality installation and not making car dirty. e.g. They climb on bonnet for taking measurement and you have to tell them to clean his feet and put newspaper/cloth on bonnet.

Film looks good but not driven during hot sunny day for effects. Two days I had to park car in sun for drying up.

Only problem installer made is some scratch with its equipment (1 inch long) towards middle of windshield on film. It is not visible normally but visible when looked into it and not interfering with driving side. So, I'm taking it normally. If I insist, they will replace the film.

One word of caution: After all installation check for scratches from inside and bubbles from outside thoroughly. For finding scratches you may have to look thoroughly, as you may miss it, since it is poured with lots of water and water marks from inside. I missed this one inch scratch due to this.

Film is having slight green tint and little bit it is reducing glare during night time. Also, got 5 years of warranty on film with warranty card and VAT bill. Charges I already informed - Rs. 2800.00 including installation (15% discount on MRP) with VAT bill.

3MCR70 update

I think it is performing well. The reflections in the winscreen are not bothering me much, and they disappear completely as soon as I put on the polarising sunglasses.

No faults or issues whatsoever with the installation by 3M Carcare, Chennai. At the price, I'd have been very disapointed if there had been.

I'll update in May, when the Chennai sun is doing its worst, although I do try not to go out much then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2706849)
On Tuesday, I installed Garware Ice Cool Shield on front windscreen and installer came to home and installed it. I contacted distributor of Garware (Meda Windows and Sunfilm) for this fitting. They handover installing work to local installer and you have to monitor continuously for quality installation and not making car dirty. e.g. They climb on bonnet for taking measurement and you have to tell them to clean his feet and put newspaper/cloth on bonnet.

Film looks good but not driven during hot sunny day for effects. Two days I had to park car in sun for drying up.

Only problem installer made is some scratch with its equipment (1 inch long) towards middle of windshield on film. It is not visible normally but visible when looked into it and not interfering with driving side. So, I'm taking it normally. If I insist, they will replace the film.

One word of caution: After all installation check for scratches from inside and bubbles from outside thoroughly. For finding scratches you may have to look thoroughly, as you may miss it, since it is poured with lots of water and water marks from inside. I missed this one inch scratch due to this.

Film is having slight green tint and little bit it is reducing glare during night time. Also, got 5 years of warranty on film with warranty card and VAT bill. Charges I already informed - Rs. 2800.00 including installation (15% discount on MRP) with VAT bill.

Standing on bonnet to take measurements :Shockked:, I don't understand this. For guys who do in & out installations should know what are the measurements for every car out there. I find this surprising.

I think a comparision pics for night glare would be interesting to really compare. Any one has before and after videos/pics of front sunfilms. I have installed CR70 on my ANHC, can take a video or pic if possible. By my experience CR70 glare reduction is amazing. I don't have comaprisons so can't say the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 2707078)
3MCR70 update

I think it is performing well. The reflections in the winscreen are not bothering me much, and they disappear completely as soon as I put on the polarising sunglasses.

No faults or issues whatsoever with the installation by 3M Carcare, Chennai. At the price, I'd have been very disapointed if there had been.

I'll update in May, when the Chennai sun is doing its worst, although I do try not to go out much then.

reflection is indeed a pain, but sunglasses ease it as you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghu230506 (Post 2707092)
Standing on bonnet to take measurements :Shockked:, I don't understand this. For guys who do in & out installations should know what are the measurements for every car out there. I find this surprising.

Tata Safari is big and tall car, there in not way he can do measurement standing sideways. In other cars it is quite possible.

I think what the installer would have done here is to spread the film out on Anuj's Safari's windscreen & give it proper shape using a hot air gun, apart from cutting it to an apt size & removing any extra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghu230506 (Post 2707092)

@anuj: It's a good choice especially for the price it comes, & I would say you got a good deal as well. I have had this film on my Alto & now if I drive some other car, I can't do without sunglasses apart from the fact that it also feels a lot hotter.

Folks got into confusion loop again, the dealer who look to be bit professional have not been abale to source the Garware films which fit the Safari(other glasses) i had selected either Garware NFS or Classic for entire car and for front it was ice cool shield.

Now the entire thing would have costed me 6500max but since this dealer is showing no signs of getting them soon and me not being able to find a trustable alternative dealer, kind of ina stuck state.

also have learnt that one can be cheated very easily

Checked with another deale(Carz spa)r who only deals with 3M and Vkool, suggested me a combo of 3M cr70 of 3M for front and Vkool for the other glases which will cost me 17k.

So i want to understand if it makes sence for me to go for this or try to settle with Garware?