Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-112.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2718381)
I just got Garware Ice CoolShield on the Ikon, and I think it is sufficient. The light tint & 70% VLT gave for a stress-free drive during the afternoon (tried BLR-MYS-BLR). And cabin was pleasantly cool, even with blower at 1.

This was nice update and result. Yes, the tint at front help actually during day time and night time (reducing glares from opposite headlights and sun). It reduces fatigue.

I am starting on 23rd for very long trip to down north and hope this will helps a lot keeping cabin cool.

As far as I know, RTO does not permit installation of any sort of a film on the front windscreen let alone one with a VLT of 70%. This is something I remember reading or hearing some place, however, please correct me if wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidyasagar (Post 2718408)
Hello Condor,

Is the ICE COOL Sheild, as per the RTO regulations..? Also please let me know where you did the installation. Info on price and discounts offered are also welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2718446)
hi Vidyasagar,

yes - as per RTO regulations & 5 yrs warranty.
MRP 3.3k for Ice Cool Shield - 70% VLT & 50% heat rejection. Installation was at home :)

^^You are right about it, any of the front film is not approved form RTO. The certificate provided by the Sunfilm manufacturers are only for the side and rear film not for the fornt.

@Blackfire, it is allowed.

Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Tinted Glass in Motor Vehicles
Minimum 70% VLT for front, and 50% for sides.

From the packaging of the SunFilm:

Front windscreen sunfilm?-icecoolcmvr100sec2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2718451)
This was nice update and result. Yes, the tint at front help actually during day time and night time ... It reduces fatigue.

Anuj, thank you ! Hope you have a safe, happy trip.

Any suggestions?

I plan to Install V-Kool 70 for the front and V-Kool 40 for the sides and rear? is that a good alternative?

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240
Any suggestions?

I plan to Install V-Kool 70 for the front and V-Kool 40 for the sides and rear? is that a good alternative?

Regards,

I would recommend v-kool 70 on front as well as rear because it offers excellent visibility and a great ambiance inside the car.

but, if privacy and light reduction is important, go for vkool 70 on the front and 40 on the sides and rear. It's the best option available. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 2723899)
Any suggestions?

Regards,

That is fine, but for the sides and rear you can even install the economy range. There is not a very big difference in the heat rejection and you will probably save about 10-12k at least. For the front V70 is the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234

That is fine, but for the sides and rear you can even install the economy range. There is not a very big difference in the heat rejection and you will probably save about 10-12k at least. For the front V70 is the best.

Akshay,

Thanks a lot, any specific model for the sides? I'm all lost on this have had air 80 (llumar) on another car and it's crap let's hope this does help with Ahmedabad summers,

Also is 12k a good price for just front glass?

Regards,

Small 3m CR70 update

I've found that I no longer even notice the internal reflections from my front-screen 3M CR70 film any longer, so I guess it is not an issue.

As mentioned before, polarising sunglasses completely eliminate that reflection anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 2724165)
Akshay,

Thanks a lot, any specific model for the sides? I'm all lost on this have had air 80 (llumar) on another car and it's crap let's hope this does help with Ahmedabad summers,

Regards,

Which car is this for? The price depends on that.

Well in the economy range check out K37 for sides and back. It will be a tad bit darker from the outside than V40 but the visibility is perfect from inside. You will see a massive difference between Llumar 80 and this.

Quote:

Akshay,

Regards,

If you can afford it, stick with vkool 70 or 40. Depending in your direction of travel, sun through side windows could get irritating. For instance, travelling in north or south direction during morning or afternoon will be irritating especially during peak summers. Go for vkool 70 or 40 even on the sides and rear and enjoy the coolness. :-)

Guys,

Thanks a lot for the help, ended up going 3m way and did CR70on all glasses let's hope it works, v kool would take two days as they did not have some stock and did not want to wait and he said this is pretty close,

Next month should decide how close,

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234

Which car is this for? The price depends on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji

)

Hi
What is the current cost of V-Kool 70 and 3M CR70 for front?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 2724715)
Guys,

Thanks a lot for the help, ended up going 3m way and did CR70on all glasses let's hope it works, v kool would take two days as they did not have some stock and did not want to wait and he said this is pretty close,

Regards,

I wish you had got a darker shade for the sides and rear. With CR70 too much light comes in, and with darker films the sun doesn't hit you that much.

Quote:

Guys,

Regards,

Cr70 should be very effective. :-) do post review once you get a chance to test it. :-)