Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-111.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2712368)
Now the entire thing would have costed me 6500max but since this dealer is showing no signs of getting them soon and me not being able to find a trustable alternative dealer, kind of ina stuck state.

also have learnt that one can be cheated very easily

Checked with another deale(Carz spa)r who only deals with 3M and Vkool, suggested me a combo of 3M cr70 of 3M for front and Vkool for the other glases which will cost me 17k.

It all depends on your budget. If you are willing to shell 17k then most definitely go for Vkool. The installation is professional and the films are great. On the other hand if you think thats too much to pay for sunfilms ( which it is indeed although I got Vkool too in my car) then stick to garware only.

I want to buy a pair of Anti-Glare Goggles which can be used while Night Riding (2-Wheelers)/Driving (4-Wheelers).

I have searched on ebay.in but I fear they might be fakes.

Are there any Genuine Anti Glare Goggles available online (in India or USA)

My Budget is Rs.2000-2500/- (Negotiable depending upon the product).

So Experts please guide me on this.

EDIT:-
If the Anti-Glare Goggles could also be used during Daytime (Block UV Rays), it would be Icing on the Cake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 2712368)
also have learnt that one can be cheated very easily.

So i want to understand if it makes sence for me to go for this or try to settle with Garware?

The Garware sheets come in individual sealed packs (roll), and the sheet has both a hologram and a logo of the model (Ice CoolShield etc). One vehicle per roll. So you have 2-3 ways of confirming originality. The bill & wty card are also there.

Garware Logo & Hologram on the sun-film:

Front windscreen sunfilm?-garwarelogo.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-garwareholo.jpg

Note: Pic of the Hologram was taken off the excess film, and hence looks damaged.

For the cost, Garware is definitely cost-effective.

Any chance of coming to BLR soon ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi (Post 2712824)
I want to buy a pair of Anti-Glare Goggles which can be used while Night Riding (2-Wheelers)/Driving (4-Wheelers).

Please note that anti glare lenses such as crizal will show an improvement only to those who are currently wearing non anti glare lenses. If you dont have a vision problem and generally dont use spectacles, you will not notice any improvement with anti glare lenses at night.

Folks: I seem to have landed myself in a weird situation and seek your help now. I got vkool installed on my verna fuidic and it seems to be performing well. Saying that, the film has absolutely no tint something that is disturbing me. I want the windows to sport a mild tint adding to the look of the car. Now what options do I have? Can i get an extra film installed on the windows in addition to the vkool! Changing the films is not an option since I have anyways spent dearly for vkools. Appreciate your help.

3m comes with a rather boring "3m" printed all over it. No holograms. To my embarasment, I was horrified when I first saw it: I didn't understand that it just wipes off! <Blush>

dionysus, I don't understand... you chose your film, you are happy with the performance, but it has not had the cosmetic effect you desired? Whilst that is a shame, I think you should accept what you have got and paid a high price for. Adding any additional layer is likely to make a mess of your expensive film.

I was looking for transparency. I did not want to feel any tint at all. In going for the expensive 3m CR70, which is almost completely colourless, I took the gamble that its cooling might not be enough. At over twenty thousand for the whole car, that gamble amounts to, if I don't like it, I must live with it anyway.

Two ways:

1. The cheaper way - buy a couple of quality sun-shades or those static screens & stick them onto your car windows. It really helps & so much so that I have not felt the need of having sun-films on my car's side windows. The windscreen is the only area which calls for a film installation presently, but that's my observation.

2. The expensive way - although its not recommended since you risk ruining the previously installed film (if not done properly), having another layer of a sun-film is definitely possible. This works better if the two films you are planning to layer are of very less thickness.

Case in point: My own Alto has a dual layer on the rear hatch door glass, with the lower layer being a Garware NF Lite (70%) & the upper one being a Garware Classic Lite (VLT 70%). The only reason why I had also gone for a second layer was because a VLT of 70% just felt too light for my personal liking in terms of privacy, especially with the laptops or other stuff I would carry in the boot at times. But, please know that I was willing to play the gamble of losing money on the previously installed film as well as the new one that was being applied, if in case, the installation didn't go well (bubbles or anything).

Hope that helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dionysus (Post 2717955)
Folks: I seem to have landed myself in a weird situation and seek your help now. I got vkool installed on my verna fuidic and it seems to be performing well. Saying that, the film has absolutely no tint something that is disturbing me. I want the windows to sport a mild tint adding to the look of the car. Now what options do I have? Can i get an extra film installed on the windows in addition to the vkool! Changing the films is not an option since I have anyways spent dearly for vkools. Appreciate your help.

Two layers will definitely get messed up with the power windows, avoid it. You will have to buy sunshades.

Not necessarily, I would say!

The reason I say this is because I have been using a static screen on my Alto's front windows (powered) without any issues. I have had them on for about 6 months now, without taking them off. And I do use the windows a lot :) The same has also been true for my friend's Figo.

So, even if we assume a similar thickness for a sun-film, there shouldn't be any problem if the installation is proper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2717996)
Two layers will definitely get messed up with the power windows, avoid it. You will have to buy sunshades.

Further_I have Garware on the other car and they sport Holograms on each film reassuring they are genuine, where as these vkools don't indicate anything, I want to believe they are original (got them from reliance autozone) but somehow suspicion creeps in :(

hey all, wanted some advise on 3M sun films. Planning on getting my Ritz filmed. I have got a quote from 3M Car care as follows:
Front - CR70 - 7500/-
All other windows and back - CR 50 - 16200/-.
Thought the whole quote was a little steep. bargained with the store manager - he finally agreed to do an interior detailing as well as an engine bay detailing thrown in.
need suggestions on the above.
if anybody in pune knows of a reliable place with cheaper quote and good workmanship, i am open to suggestions.
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by dionysus
Further_I have Garware on the other car and they sport Holograms on each film reassuring they are genuine, where as these vkools don't indicate anything, I want to believe they are original (got them from reliance autozone) but somehow suspicion creeps in :(

Can you post the specs of Vkool you installed, last week I had checked a Polo which got them installed and they were pretty dark (compared to mine 50 % transparency) no one were there to check the actual spec of them, I was in hurry. I saw a box which had Vkool on it and as in your case I didn't see any logo or holo marking it Vkool.

I just got Garware Ice CoolShield on the Ikon, and I think it is sufficient. The light tint & 70% VLT gave for a stress-free drive during the afternoon (tried BLR-MYS-BLR). And cabin was pleasantly cool, even with blower at 1.

Hello Condor,

Is the ICE COOL Sheild, as per the RTO regulations..? Also please let me know where you did the installation. Info on price and discounts offered are also welcome. Many thanks in advance.

hi Vidyasagar,

yes - as per RTO regulations & 5 yrs warranty.
MRP 3.3k for Ice Cool Shield - 70% VLT & 50% heat rejection. Installation was at home :)