Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2005, 15:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

The things I would consider when installing a body kit will be looks , weight ,durability and would just ensure that it doesnt really affect the performance of my car in any way. I might consider safety too but dont think I would really pay more for an aerodynamic kit or one that so much research is put into.
Old 23rd April 2005, 19:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Nah man, not taking anything personally at all. however like rtech said, as a business person i cannot share work related information, and i had told you that before as well in private which you rightly pointed out to. The only reason i post out here is to interact with like minded people not to prove my working methods against zagato or anyone.

Moreover by sponsoring a project i meant sponsor my car with your products... namely performance bodykits, as and when u develop them. You dont have to pay me to do my stuff, im self sufficed for that.
Old 15th July 2005, 11:29   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
I think Rio, autopsyche, agm... sells for 45k right, Last time I checked it was 36k with out wide body option which is 19k more with Autopsyche. Dont know how much chameleon charges, and by the way ICE where do you get performance aerodynamic kits for that price?? Im curious though..
Can u tell me more names like
Rio Design, Bandra, Mumbai
Autopsyche.com Delhi
Now wheres AGM from? Wht they speciallize in and whts their website URL?
Old 15th July 2005, 14:37   #49
BHPian

Well what i am personally looking for in a body kit-
and this is me a wierd mix of practical & cool reqmts

1. An overall look, makes the car look good, but not Over the Top.
A bit a a muted look consisting of Airdam, side skirts, and rear skirt

2. Maybe with a little bit of ground clearance to give it practicality, and so that it dont break on the first pothole or breaker!! - and i dont really wanna drive at crawl speed coz i have fitted a body kit- Not just look fast, but go fast as well

3. A front air dam thats effective- never mind the fractions you save on the qtr mile,
If it can improve my stability on the higways at speed & under braking, and help me go around the turns, here in India, thats worth a darn sight more to me than doing 10.76 instead of 10,88 on the qtr mile.
That perf you will use once in a while, but never know when braking stability & high speed stability will save your butt, esp when you swerve for the cow or tractor!!!!1

My 2c
Old 30th July 2005, 03:07   #50
BHPian

hey vulken like someone rightly pointed out the age group of people is around 18 to 25 i would say (thats because im 19 ) but the point is what is the market for such products as they are only feasible for mass production and bodykits n modifications are customs according to personal prefferences .
what im tring to say is that its all good for the track cars but i dont think anyone in this age group has that kind of a fettish for a perfectly aerodynamically designed car . i mean how much does a student earn (a negligible amount if at all) and i dont think any parent would spend a fortune on their sons crazy want for speed!! as they strongly belive in the speed thrill but kills motto!! well thats what is my story at least what i mean to say is that a guy like me can hardly afford to get a normal bodykit forget sumthing like what u say even though it was always a dream for me to design the perfectly aerodynamic car!! i hope to do it some day but i dont think it would be for a street performance car !!!
Old 30th July 2005, 03:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Index to Coefficient of Drag for Many Vehicles Plus Index to Horsepower vs Speed Curves
In physics, the drag equation gives the drag experienced by an object moving through a fluid.

D= 1/2 ρ.v(SQUARE). A .Cd
Dude, if you are interested in performance and aero efficiency, I would suggest you design a prototype and install it in the MRF/JK rally Balenos.
Those guys are the type looking for the last kph of top speed and downforce. You can use them for marketing your products as well.

Like they say, win on Sunday and sell on Monday.
Old 4th August 2005, 14:17   #52
BHPian

Actually thats a great idea Mpower. Im lookin in that angle and real concern is the market size; its Quite small
Old 4th August 2005, 14:30   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Dude, if you are interested in performance and aero efficiency, I would suggest you design a prototype and install it in the MRF/JK rally Balenos.
Those guys are the type looking for the last kph of top speed and downforce. You can use them for marketing your products as well.

Like they say, win on Sunday and sell on Monday.
That's not an option as Group N reg's don't allow this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks