Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 21:01   #31
BANNED

hey guys , good news . The ecu was installed a few days ago and believe me its amazing .. i expected a kick out of it and boy it did meet my expectations. The cars more responsive now and revs upto 6800 rpm now. The low end torque has improved thus eliminating the slack when you press the pedal and wait for the power to come in to an extent . For the streets its really good and would recommend it to anyone who's wanting more punch out of his accord v6 . Helps you feel the 221 hp + whatever extra gains we get from the remaping . Though not tested on a dyno but there is a difference in the feel of the car for sure. Today was on the delhi gurgaon expressway and before the remap the acceleration of the car was great till 140 or so but now it keeps on going and going did touch arnd 170-80 and came bak as my stock brakes are bailing out on me . NEED TO REPLACE MY BRAKES GUYS ne suggestions for that because now they get heated up and thus are not very effective thus creating a limit for me to push the car to its limits. So , next upgrade would 100% be a brake upgrade which im planning soon and searching my options for it .

cheers
accord masters
Old 19th March 2009, 21:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

d2 has brakes for the accord. check this out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...winder-10.html
Old 19th March 2009, 22:51   #33
BANNED

are these like big brake kits or just upgrade of rotors and calipers ?? because i was considering brembo rotors till now but lets see would go with anything that can help stop that car without any vibrations . ohh and BIG THANKS TO ZAKIE FOR DOING UP THE ECU .
Old 19th March 2009, 22:52   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
are these like big brake kits or just upgrade of rotors and calipers ?? because i was considering brembo rotors till now but lets see would go with anything that can help stop that car without any vibrations .
i think its a full big brake kit. best to pm viper to find out.
Old 20th March 2009, 00:43   #35
BHPian

Dude refrain from D2, have heard bad reviews about them from the US. Brakes-->

I would suggest Brembo blanks and aggressive pads, EBC yellows or Hawk HPS are good.

I have a set of Raybestos with me waiting to get time to install them! Raybestos is a Nascar supplier, and they're ceramic pads. My brother runs them in the states on some of our cars, and only has good things to say about them...

Brembo blanks are the way to go, please don't go for any drilled or slotted rotors [Hope to get my set in May]

DocG

PS: please share or PM me the cost of the remap as I too am considering going in for that on my 2.4 MT
Old 20th March 2009, 00:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the ECU done successfully. I am sure it must be more fun to drive the car now. I know how vastly things improved in my civic after the Remap, low end specially.

Enjoy that Car. It is one HOT Looking accord. Hope to seeing you someday soon, not on a RED light though
Old 21st March 2009, 17:58   #37

Hi Arjun,

Im logging in after quite a bit of time after returning from my long stay in India and been busy looking into a bit of back log back home and on top now preparing for another tuning tour this time to South East Asia, its nice to know that your happy with the tune/reflash has we had few snags to overcome cos it was the first we did with a 3.0lt V6 Accord.

Cheers
Old 10th May 2009, 01:40   #38
BHPian

How bout starting with Repco Metal Master brake pads first?
(I hope you don't have any drilled/slotted rotor wet dreams....They are best kept away for track cars or where the owner can inspect them for cracks/fractures periodically)

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 10th May 2009 at 01:42.
Old 10th May 2009, 01:43   #39
BANNED

well too late my friend , the car is up for sale now ....selling the nemesis anyone interested??
Old 10th May 2009, 14:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
well too late my friend , the car is up for sale now ....selling the nemesis anyone interested??
Nemesis II is in the making, More power and better looking
Old 10th May 2009, 14:07   #41
BANNED

well i don't know about nemesis 2 because i got some other plans in the future ... it written in ecks thread but don't know had no plans for nemesis 1 also . GOT TO SELL THE NEMESIS first btw getting the mugen inspire skirting kit for it .

AM
Old 17th August 2009, 13:58   #42
BHPian

My cousin is interested in getting his Accord 3L V6 (the second genaration accord in India, and the first one with a V6). I am co-ordinating for him. The car is in Chennai. How do we go about this? I guess both viper and zakie are not based here. Is there anyone anyone knows in Chennai who could do it? Even Bangalore is okay. I could drive there and get it done.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:39   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Deepak : I believe Zakie travels across the country when he is visiting India. Why don't you drop him a PM?
Old 17th August 2009, 21:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
My cousin is interested in getting his Accord 3L V6 (the second genaration accord in India, and the first one with a V6). I am co-ordinating for him. The car is in Chennai. How do we go about this? I guess both viper and zakie are not based here. Is there anyone anyone knows in Chennai who could do it? Even Bangalore is okay. I could drive there and get it done.
Race Dynamics is also an option.

Most Viewed