Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 11:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion is to chill out till 20K. Summer in the North is pretty harsh. Thus the engine would have settled down well, and you'll also feel the difference of before & after..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I'm waiting for 10k kms to happen on my car before I get the blue box!
Old 12th March 2009, 12:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
My suggestion is to chill out till 20K. Summer in the North is pretty harsh. Thus the engine would have settled down well, and you'll also feel the difference of before & after..
I dont think he will wait so long, Right Ishaan Ji?? I remember those run-in days, 1000 KMS without Boost
Old 12th March 2009, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Nice description there.
Now, I am wondering, what will be the outcome of a pete's box on a mHawk?
The impact on an mHawk engine is 20 BHP and 50 Nm increase.

Check this site: Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited
Old 12th March 2009, 12:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a near perfect mod Farhan. And a nice review too. Thanks.

Quote:
I'm waiting for 10k kms to happen on my car before I get the blue box!
A trip down south should fix that.
Old 12th March 2009, 12:51   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I am sorry I did not quite understand your question with regard to the fuel map.
What i meant was IIRC they have Stage 1, 2 etc maps for the box right? Just wondering which one your box is running.
Old 12th March 2009, 13:25   #36
BHPian

Thank you for all your inputs. My apologies for not having responded to all your queries. Please find as under:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
About synthetic oils for diesels-There is talk about synthetics being too thin/free flowing, and therefore "weeping" past seals and getting into turbos, true or not?
My intercooler was clogged with oil after I used fully synthetic. now running on Delvac MX which is changed every 5k. Did I imagine it? I must say-engine felt much smoother and less noisier with fully synthetic.
I have been using the same grade of fully synthetic oil even in my old non CRDE Scorpio without issues. I would recomend checking your inter cooler again. I doubt shifting to a thicker oil will sort the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How about pictures of the install, Sideways? Also, it would be great if you time your runs using a Gtech Pro. Whats the total mileage on your Scorpios odo?
Yup pictures coming up by the weekend. The jeep has 30,000 km on the clock, still runs like new, since I shifted over to non Mahindra oil after the jeep had run 1000 (One thousand only) km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Where do you get the engine oil changed?? Doesnt Mahindra voids warranty for an oil not recommended?
At the authorised Mahindra workshop. I don't know how using a better oil voids the warranty of a vehicle. This is a game the vehicle manufacturers play with the customers. It's high time we fought for our rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
An excellent and cost effective idea. Especially the Delo 400(one of the best mineral based oils out there).
But our man has the beans to run a synthetic oil already...
However, I'm not too sure on how the OWS will run in a diesel environment. Sideways, please enlighten more in this regard.
Well, I have used OWS fully synthetic oil in my older Scorpio. I did a total of 3 rallies in that jeep. The first one was the Airtel One India rally, held in the peak of Summer and ran through Rajasthan. The rally started from Madras and ended in Delhi. Total distance run was approx 2800 Km. We findished 9th among 200 participants form all over India.

The other two rallies were the Himalayan. Nothing much has to be said with respect to the conditions on this rally. It is by far the most unforgiving event I have come across. In the first raid,due to time constraints we could not truck the jeep to Delhi and therefore drove the vehicle again from Madras to Delhi and took part in the rally. We came first in the year 2006 event.

These oils are also used by all the race vehicles which take part in the national championship (track). The oil has also been extensively used for drag racing. The fastest quater mile timing in India was set in a car using this oil and the record stood for 3 or 4 years until it was broken last year. Not because of a better oil, but because of better hardware.

There are quite a few reputed tuners also using the oils. I am not sure if forum rules will allow me to disclose their names, but if necessary I can PM details.

Therefore I am supremely confident that the oil does what it promises to do - It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
True. I've felt the same with most service centres.
But, we also have a completely opposite recommendation on here .

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/937391-post109.html
To each his own. We were able to solve - completely eliminate a whine coming from the oil pump just by changing over to a better oil from the approved oil that was being used. The dealers were until then changing oil pumps, even after which the whine still existed, although lesser than before. Need I say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What i meant was IIRC they have Stage 1, 2 etc maps for the box right? Just wondering which one your box is running.
I am assuming it's running the default map (Stage 1), I should clarify with Pete though.

About the brakes, as Ishaan has suggested, probably move onto wider tyres, lets see.

Last edited by Sideways : 12th March 2009 at 13:33.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Good point but having tasted blood, it's hard to hold back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I dont think he will wait so long, Right Ishaan Ji?? I remember those run-in days, 1000 KMS without Boost
Hell would be the correct term for those dayd! Let's see how long my patience holds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
A trip down south should fix that.
LOL! Yeah, that should!
Old 12th March 2009, 17:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Therefore I am supremely confident that the oil does what it promises to do - It's that simple.
Perfect!
Thanks for the heads up
Old 12th March 2009, 19:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I just had a chat with Peter. The jeep is now running on the Stage 1 map and still has another 2 more loaded . However I plan on running the default map until I am able to find a solution with regards to the brakes. Don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Pictures will be up by this weekend.
Old 12th March 2009, 20:59   #40
BHPian

Excellent stuff and very nice review. I know when I get a diesel where to look for performance. Nice garage you got there by the way.
Old 12th March 2009, 22:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just had a chat with Peter. The jeep is now running on the Stage 1 map and still has another 2 more loaded . However I plan on running the default map until I am able to find a solution with regards to the brakes. Don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Pictures will be up by this weekend.
Those would surely need a better air intake. A CAI or so.

Power can corrupt
Old 12th March 2009, 23:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Patience is a virtue that is hard to practice and embibe

Quote:
Good point but having tasted blood, it's hard to hold back!
Old 12th March 2009, 23:13   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review of yet another satisfied Pete's box owner. I have one since the last ~10k or so and absolutely loving the difference it made to the engine, driving pleasure without effecting the FE in any way.

Enjoy the beast which now needs double towed chains to stop!
Old 13th March 2009, 00:08   #44
Team-BHP Support

nice review. once your used to it move onto the 2nd stage. itll add another 7 odd bhp. but you should get an intake upgrade before doing that. ive had petes on my innova for 30k kms + without any problems.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:34   #45
BHPian

Sideways- hope you have tested stage 2 & 3 by now. Request an update please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks