Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Electrical loom/wiring change? Where in Bangalore?

hello all,

Been having lot electrical problems lately,I need to change the whole electrical system,wiring of my land rover because the old wires have become hard due to age.
So does anyone know of a place in Bangalore where i can get the electrical wires/loom changed professionaly, according to the wiring diagram in the manual?

Thankyou.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:16   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Land Rover would have simple electrics to start with, yes? It will be difficult to find one, but if you can, nothing like going to a garage which has some experience with Land Rovers. Even if you have to travel to another city.

If not possible, go to a reputable expert with a copy of the Defender workshop manual in hand.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Land Rover would have simple electrics to start with, yes? It will be difficult to find one, but if you can, nothing like going to a garage which has some experience with Land Rovers. Even if you have to travel to another city.

If not possible, go to a reputable expert with a copy of the Defender workshop manual in hand.
Yes the electrics are very very simple(and no electronics at all), almost like the Jeep and i think any good garage could do the wiring with the help of a wiring diagram(which i have).
All i need is to know where in Bangalore can i find electrician/garage with good knowledge of car electrics, who know how to decipher wiring diagram(and not the typical trial & error types who don't know what a wiring diagram is).

Any help any one?
Old 14th March 2009, 11:41   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Adi,

Get in touch with Sharan Jayram or Powerwheels (contact details in our Tuner Database). I am sure they'd have competent electricians on hand.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2009, 12:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Adi,

Get in touch with Sharan Jayram or Powerwheels (contact details in our Tuner Database). I am sure they'd have competent electricians on hand.
I would also add Race Dynamics, given the fact that these guys engineer complete standalone engine management systems. Karthik and his gang know a thing or two about wiring and troubleshooting electrical systems and are very obliging even when their schedules are packed (which is on most days) Give them a shout and see what they have to say.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Adi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I would also add Race Dynamics, given the fact that these guys engineer complete standalone engine management systems. Karthik and his gang know a thing or two about wiring and troubleshooting electrical systems and are very obliging even when their schedules are packed (which is on most days) Give them a shout and see what they have to say.
Thank you both, will do as you suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks