Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2005, 09:00   #31
BHPian

revtech kool man you will get your legal licence after some days and after that you can drive anywhere you want without any hassles. i will turn 18 next october
Old 2nd August 2005, 06:32   #32
BANNED

dude trust me they will never take you to the police station....and even if you stand they will not make a "paoti" thats what they call it...they will wait and give dhamkis till you give them some money...just start laughing and keep onm sayin "chal naa chal naa" and all...because dude if he gives you a paoti...he gets nothing..money goes to the government...so better to go for 50-100 bucks than nothing...it has happened with me..that dude started laughing with me...in the end i gave him 50 bucks...he was like nahi kam hai and all..i was like theek hai chithi bana aur license rakh de
hahahahah should have seen him...started laughing at took 50 from me and left
Old 2nd August 2005, 10:41   #33
BHPian

Why only talk about modded cars? There are certain makes that should be made illegal right away -

1. circa 1857 Dodge trucks carrying sand and gravel
2. circa 1900 Tata trucks used to ferry drinking water
3. PMT (Pune Municipal) buses
4. Pune 6-seaters

These are far more dangerous to public safety than the infinitesimal percentage of modded cars!!

Old 2nd August 2005, 15:25   #34
BHPian

If cops catch you for exhaust.. then all you have to do is argue with them. Tell them to show you a decibel meter.. They have stopped me a couple of times and I really gave them good and harrowed them and finally they let me go. The second time the guy stopped me, I argued with him so much that he finally said sorry and let me go.. cops suck.. they just want to see if they can make a quick buck..
Old 2nd August 2005, 15:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnic
90% of car mods are illegal. Only those like plug wires, plugs, ignition systems, air filter etc are stated legal. Modification to the internals of an engine is illegal according to the RTO. As cars are registered under a certian power output. Swapping engines too is totally illegal. However this doesnt stop performance enthusiasts.

Cheers
Dom
Its illegal to modify and not get the vehicle passed by the RTO.
As I have mentioned before, I swapped the Petrol engine of my Contessa with a Diesel one.

I got the engine leagaly passed by the RTO!!! There were no hassels at all. I was in Bombay when my mum went to the RTO in Goa and got the paper work done. I think it cost her Rs. 500/-

Before doing the swap, when we went to enquire with the RTO if we could do it legaly, the RTO officer told us to get the mod done, but get proper legal bills, from a proper genuine dealer... submit them with the other docs and it would be done without hassels.

If the RTO approves a mod... its legal!!!

Cheers
Falcon
Old 2nd August 2005, 15:59   #36
BHPian

whenver cops catch you dont get scared. they always want money, however little it is from you. was caught once and i am like i dont have money. i told him give me a paoti i will collect it tomo. (i dont have to pay for paoti's cause have a little influence so it was no problem for me). hes like how much do you have. i said 30 bucks. hes like fine give it
as simple as that.
Old 2nd August 2005, 16:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilshah
whenver cops catch you dont get scared. they always want money, however little it is from you. was caught once and i am like i dont have money. i told him give me a paoti i will collect it tomo. (i dont have to pay for paoti's cause have a little influence so it was no problem for me). hes like how much do you have. i said 30 bucks. hes like fine give it
as simple as that.
Its happened with me too!!!
I once actually had Rs. 25 in my wallet. The cops stopped me for not having seat belts and wanted Rs. 100. I opened my purse and showed him that I actually didnt have any money... I offered the 25/-
He took 10/- and gave me 15/- back... saying I would need it to get home :-)
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:26   #38
BHPian

Well Emission Tests are mandatory here as well...a sticker is given and the test certificate has to be carried around always.
I also had another suggestion....we could consult Autopsyche...he'd probably know about whether we should actually have any documents or any other stuff that should be produced when caught by the poilice, 'cos he's into modifying cars more regularly than anyone else.
Old 3rd August 2005, 05:13   #39
BHPian

as far as i know even the white light bulbs that are blue in colour(but emit white light ) are illegal!! they are the ones that claim to be halogen bulbs and are flooding the market .
-and yeah all these laws are not just for the heck of it if you think of it logically changing the tyre size can be an issue as it is given on ure rc and may be used to verify details in any unwanted ( for us as i cant think of any wanted ) circumstances.
-brighter lights obstruct the view of other drivers ( due to glare) dont you just hate the people who drive o full beam i mean how inconsiderate can you get???? anyone comin from the opposite side cant see anything.!! so please drive on the normal low beam!!!
-about engine swapping incase of an accident or any police case your engine no. along with your chasis no. is noted and thats the time you could get into trouble not by any lame tthula on the road!!so i dont think its a smart idea for any frequently city driven car!!
Old 3rd August 2005, 06:21   #40
BHPian

[quote=falcon]Its happened with me too!!!
I once actually had Rs. 25 in my wallet. The cops stopped me for not having seat belts and wanted Rs. 100. I opened my purse and showed him that I actually didnt have any money... I offered the 25/-
He took 10/- and gave me 15/- back... saying I would need it to get home :-)[/QUOTE]

No offense but I somehow find that hard to believe.
Old 9th August 2005, 02:55   #41
BHPian

no loud car probs in delhi !!!

hey guys never had any problems in delhi about those loud exhausts !! not with the pandu's at least!!
yes once after the autocross my neighbour(70 yr old man) came out and told me to drive slow cuz he could hear me revving in his room and couldn't sleep at 5 in the evening!!hehe!! well i tried to explain to him that the car didnt even cross 40 but the sound was ungaudly as the cat con had been disconnected !!! but he failed to agree and threatened to call the cops i had to finally give up and tell him to bear with the sound for once till i took her away!!!!
Old 27th September 2006, 12:14   #42
BHPian

I am planning a few mods for my car. Changing my Hood; Front and rear bumpers; Side fenders; Rear spoiler and the headlight (Just the design. Maintaining 55/60). Does any of this become illegal? Is there any option to get it "legal"?
Old 27th September 2006, 17:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Loud exhausts is illegal.there is a law statiting that if a car makes more sound form its exhaust than the OE exhaust then its illegal.
dunno how these fools decide on this.

premier padmini cars,autorickshaws,trucks ,buses and even sports cars like ferrari,porsche have loud exhausts.but its ok with them.
yes. even stock premier padminis have a very good exhaust note. in kolkata i know two premier padminis with modified exhaust systems and when they rev you cannot stop from turning your head. one of those belongs to me and the other belongs to 1100D. the exhaust note is awsome.

as for modding the hood, s/skirts, bumpers and spoiler and the head lights it varies from state to state. i have heard about hyderabad but not anywhere else.

drive safe and enjoy the exhaust note of your car
Old 27th September 2006, 19:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

It is absolutely compulsary to have an valid emission certificate all over india. Each certificate expires six months from the date if issue. So it is mandatory to have your emission checked every six months.
Old 27th September 2006, 20:27   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania
hey guys never had any problems in delhi about those loud exhausts !! not with the pandu's at least!!
yes once after the autocross my neighbour(70 yr old man) came out and told me to drive slow cuz he could hear me revving in his room and couldn't sleep at 5 in the evening!!hehe!! well i tried to explain to him that the car didnt even cross 40 but the sound was ungaudly as the cat con had been disconnected !!! but he failed to agree and threatened to call the cops i had to finally give up and tell him to bear with the sound for once till i took her away!!!!
Hey, which autocross you referring to .. did you take part in it or did you come as a spectator !! I also took part in the last two events organised by performance auto, Noida --

As far as cops & loud exhausts go .. I had a pretty loud exhaust in my palio and one night at about 2 am I came flat out around this long left hander only to see a barrier in front of me .. and sure enough they stopped me . He wanted my papers -- but I insisted I wanted to get hoem as I was dying to sleep .. he asked me as to why I was flying .. I told him i wasn't -- its just the cars exhaust is leaking and if he doesn't believe me he can bend dopwn and see .. He believed me and let me go ... only to have me vanish with my tyres smoking ...

Cheers

Last edited by khaadu75 : 27th September 2006 at 20:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks