Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 16:26   #31
BHPian

ground clearance

Hello i20 fans,

What are the ways to increase the ground clearance of an i20.

regards,
Old 13th July 2010, 14:05   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
Hello i20 fans,

What are the ways to increase the ground clearance of an i20.

regards,
Don't even bother. You stand to compromise the dynamics of your car by increasing its ride height.

A viable solution, however, is to get an after-market suspension. These will be stiffer and hence the car wont sit / sag as much with load (resulting in better ground clearance).

In the meanwhile, tackle speedbumps diagonally. You won't scrape the underbelly then.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't even bother. You stand to compromise the dynamics of your car by increasing its ride height.

A viable solution, however, is to get an after-market suspension. These will be stiffer and hence the car wont sit / sag as much with load (resulting in better ground clearance).

In the meanwhile, tackle speedbumps diagonally. You won't scrape the underbelly then.
Thanks GTO, I was planning a trip to Leh hence this question; tackling the stones and rubble are going to be tough in an I20.

The stock suspensions are already stiff to my liking and as you said i would be compromising the dynamics of the car by going for an after market suspension, a mere 10 to 15 mm more would have taken care of many issues.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks