Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 00:17   #1
sakharamcool

Need a workshop for seat modification in Mumbai

Moderators please find appropriate place for this question ,

Hello All

I am planning to buy a Tata Nano , I saw the car and liked it very much , but there is a small problem ,I am 6 feet 3 inches tall and well built

the seat is a bit high and my right foot hits the steering wheel when i press the brake

I am planning to lower the seat by cutting it and rewelding it , to lower it by 2 inches ,

where can i find a competent mechanic or workshop in Mumbai , has anyone done such a modification earlier on any car

Is this a good idea , please comment , any valid help will be very useful
thanks

Old 4th April 2009, 10:38   #2
BANNED

Hi,

First of all congratulations on buying a Nano. I really would not advise you to do that in a car that has not even hit the streets as such. Would suggest you first take delivery drive the car around a bit get your first service done and during this time frame get your car evaluated by some competent people to see the feasibility of what you want done and only then go ahead with it. Warranties maybe involved here so tread carefully.

Viper
Old 25th January 2011, 12:52   #3
BHPian

Car Seat Modification

I own a 2008 Chevrolet Spark and I am definitely happy with my purchase. However, the seats are a big problem. For starters, they lack under-thigh support. Long drives is a pain. Lumber support is nil.

Does anyone know of places in or around Thane (Mumbai) area where I can modify the seats? Maybe add some extra under-thigh padding and some more foam towards the lumber? Has anyone done these modifications to their cars?

Please let me know at the earliest as long drives are becoming painful and I don't want to sell this car for this one reason. Its a beautiful little Chevy.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th January 2011 at 13:06. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 25th January 2011, 13:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need a workshop for seat modification in Mumbai

This should be possible at any reputed upholstery shop, Mumbai guys can help further with recommendations
Old 25th January 2011, 15:16   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's my recommendation in the Team-BHP Directory : Linky
Old 7th February 2011, 13:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Here's my recommendation in the Team-BHP Directory : Linky
Thanks GTO, will check it out.