Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 17:02   #16
BHPian

hey man nice concept would be useful in cars with art leather seat covers have you tried it in mattresses used in cots would be great to have a mattresses with this tecnology to sleep in during the summer months
if you send me one i can test it and give you feedback for free
Old 11th April 2009, 17:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
You can fix a massager too in the seat. I have a car seat massager which has heating function, but I have never seen a cooling seat massager.
massagar is a very common thing. and so are the heating seats. This is a new concept all together. And fixing a massagar makes this look bulky unlike the sleek cover what we are designing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
hey man nice concept would be useful in cars with art leather seat covers have you tried it in mattresses used in cots would be great to have a mattresses with this tecnology to sleep in during the summer months
if you send me one i can test it and give you feedback for free
We have tried this in mattresses and as i mentioned earlier we are exporting the same to various countries. Will be launching in India very soon.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

looks very interesting, but most important when is it going to be launched. I am definetly looking for such product
Old 11th April 2009, 17:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

The product is under development stage and we have developed a few proto type samples which are being used by myself and a few other members of my developing team. We plan to launch this in market by mid MAY.
Old 11th April 2009, 18:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
The Fans are very small and they are to be fitted on the rear side of the seat, without any disturbance caused to the passengers on the rear seat.
Are they fitted on the back side of the seat therefore the passenger in the rear can touch them ? Is there something in place to stop kids sitting in the back from attacking it ?

How big are the planned fans ? Are they low profile ?

Also any links to the mattresses you make ?
Old 11th April 2009, 18:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Are they fitted on the back side of the seat therefore the passenger in the rear can touch them ? Is there something in place to stop kids sitting in the back from attacking it ?

How big are the planned fans ? Are they low profile ?

Also any links to the mattresses you make ?
the fans will be in a protective cover. not exposed. so no touching business

very small fans. you can hardly feel their presence.

will provide more details at a later stage. cannot disclose more at this moment. hope you guys understand.
Old 11th April 2009, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the information so far. I look forward to seeing this product only concern I would have is the efficiency of the device where these leather/pvu type covers are installed. Are you going to let a few team-bhp members test a prototype ?
Old 11th April 2009, 20:10   #23
BHPian

i think that this is something that my whole family will be interested in, and not just that, if the product is well priced, and proven highly effective, people with multiple cars will give you a lot of repeat business...

I speak for myself when I say that I would be willing to spend between 1000-2000 rupees per seat for something like this. However I implore you to look at a power source beyond the in car power socket. Perhaps a little more complicated wiring.

Also is this thing a seat cover or something you place on your seat, but it doesn't cover much area? I only ask this because I have some really expensive leather in my cars and would hate for them not to be seen [Should be the same case with owners of any luxury cars]
Old 11th April 2009, 20:23   #24
BHPian

This would be just the thing for me. I prefer to keep the a/c off once I am out of city limits but cannot because my back starts to feel like I have a hotplate strapped to it. I would be quite willing to spend upto Rs 5k per seat for this provided that this thing actually does its job, i.e keep my back cool without the a/c.
Quote:
Are you going to let a few team-bhp members test a prototype ?
Would strongly recommend that you do. I volunteer my sweaty back for this.
Old 12th April 2009, 15:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the information so far. I look forward to seeing this product only concern I would have is the efficiency of the device where these leather/pvu type covers are installed. Are you going to let a few team-bhp members test a prototype ?
This product may be launched in the market by may probabaly. we plan to start with about 15 major cities in India. would be glad if i can arrnage for a few members to try this out with get some hands on experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
i think that this is something that my whole family will be interested in, and not just that, if the product is well priced, and proven highly effective, people with multiple cars will give you a lot of repeat business...

I speak for myself when I say that I would be willing to spend between 1000-2000 rupees per seat for something like this. However I implore you to look at a power source beyond the in car power socket. Perhaps a little more complicated wiring.

Also is this thing a seat cover or something you place on your seat, but it doesn't cover much area? I only ask this because I have some really expensive leather in my cars and would hate for them not to be seen [Should be the same case with owners of any luxury cars]
at this point we have not come to any price decission.

we are initially plannig to launch this for front 2 seats. may be sold in sets or 2 individuals. havent really come to that decision. the covers will be launched in with 2 options, basic fabric as well as a high quality leather. (suitable for premium cars or premium fabrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
This would be just the thing for me. I prefer to keep the a/c off once I am out of city limits but cannot because my back starts to feel like I have a hotplate strapped to it. I would be quite willing to spend upto Rs 5k per seat for this provided that this thing actually does its job, i.e keep my back cool without the a/c.

Would strongly recommend that you do. I volunteer my sweaty back for this.
Will surely pm you if we come to a decision of giving the proto types out for testing. and for this i dont mind sending one over to you and get some valuable feedback.

thanks for all responses and questions.
Old 12th April 2009, 16:23   #26
BANNED

The idea of cooling /heating seems to be awesome .. especially with AIR . What the heck , I woulndt mind if there was a commercial sense to this thread . Atleast I can get hold of something which other people dont have and which seems innovative at this point of time .

And a word of caution . While testing make sure you are within the Heat limits /cold limits of a Human butt . I certainly wouldnt want to get my butt fried or frozen.. Hehe
Old 12th April 2009, 19:00   #27
BHPian

MGA already has such a product available (Sai Service Borivali has it ) costs 3.5K AFAIK.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:38   #28
BHPian

Quote:
We have tried this in mattresses and as i mentioned earlier we are exporting the same to various countries. Will be launching in India very soon.

If so, why can't you give a link to it?
Old 12th April 2009, 19:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
If so, why can't you give a link to it?
Hello,
You can check one of our products that has been designed from morphy richards, UK. www.morphyrichards.co.uk
And is on sale in the UK
Product name: ambisleep
Old 12th April 2009, 20:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
You can check one of our products that has been designed from morphy richards, UK. Morphy Richards - Home
And is on sale in the UK
Product name: ambisleep

For a double bed mattress it is 799 Pounds. So let us guess how much in Rs. for a car seat!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks