Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 23:12   #1
BHPian

Free Flow Exhaust for Fiesta

Hi Guys,

I am planning to get a FFE for my Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi, and need advise on which one to go for i.e., Rhemus, Milltek or Magnaflow.

Also, please let me know if it is worth considering changing the manifold.

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 13th April 2009, 08:57   #2
BANNED

HI Buddy,

All the names mentioned above mainly supply mufflers only in India with the exception of 1 company though none of them make headers.

By definition a Free Flow Exhaust means a complete exhaust package comprising of Headers + intermediate pipes+ expansion chamber + rear muffler/end can.

Just changing only the rear muffler will increase your mental horse power only.

Viper
Old 13th April 2009, 09:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

I believe jerish666 has a full Miltek exhaust on his 1.6S. You can PM him for more info.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:04   #4
BHPian

Jaski,

I have a Magnaflow in my Fiesta 1.6. The headers are custom like some of them mentioned. But the from the collector forward it's Magnaflow. It's a good fit for the Fiesta.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:46   #5
BHPian

Viper is correct(after all he also makes FFEs), All the companies make end can, just looks and the sound, no power increase.

Note from Mods : Post edited. You are required to use spaces after punctuation marks. Please take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2009 at 12:11. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:51   #6
BHPian

Hi Jaski,
I have miltek FFE in my fiesta 1.6S.Its really amazing.It has decent power and sound.Miltek in india has headers.So need to worry.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
HI Buddy,

All the names mentioned above mainly supply mufflers only in India with the exception of 1 company though none of them make headers.

By definition a Free Flow Exhaust means a complete exhaust package comprising of Headers + intermediate pipes+ expansion chamber + rear muffler/end can.

Just changing only the rear muffler will increase your mental horse power only.

Viper
Hi Viper, thanks for very candid and specific feedback. I too felt that changing the end can alone will be futile.

I did read about Jerish666's Milltek FFE and am quite keen to get something similar if not the same.

Since sound alone has not been the motivation for me, I think I will start from headers and modify the whole thing.

I have also read about HRT_FPV's Magnaflow, but was not sure if the design is specific for Fiesta.

I checked the Milltek site and they have a Fiesta MkVI system, which is what is suitable for the Indian Fiesta whereas I could not find any match in the Magnaflow. HRT_FPV, maybe you could advise me where to get more information on the Magnaflow system.

Meanwhile Viper, can you please let me know where can I get details of the FFE systems produced by you.

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 14th April 2009, 14:00   #8
BHPian

Petes Automotive has the Miltek exhaust-but only for the 1.6.I own a 1.4 Petrol.What endcan would I need to go for-if I need only sound?Am not keen on changing the headers.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
I have also read about HRT_FPV's Magnaflow, but was not sure if the design is specific for Fiesta.

I checked the Milltek site and they have a Fiesta MkVI system, which is what is suitable for the Indian Fiesta whereas I could not find any match in the Magnaflow. HRT_FPV, maybe you could advise me where to get more information on the Magnaflow system.
I got my FFE done here in Chennai. There are a few guys who can source the Magnaflow parts and customize them. But mind you, my headers are custom and not Magnaflow.

If Milltek has them for the Fiesta, I'd suggest going for them. That would save you a lot of work. Because the work for creating a custom template for the header system is by itself a couple days work at least.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

what is a FFE for, how can we get it installed for fiesta
Old 15th February 2010, 16:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
what is a FFE for, how can we get it installed for fiesta
Start here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...our-car-8.html

If you are worried about warranty forget it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks