Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 20:22   #16
BHPian

Autopoint, Noida are the dealers of RD products in NCR.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:44   #17
BHPian

hey guys i am still waiting for the gurus for some gyan
please how about some expert advice
Old 27th April 2009, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

The PSI box widens the injector pulses so they stay open longer, therefore letting more fuel into the engine. The RD piggyback increases the rail pressure so more fuel is injected during the default injection cycle.

Choose your poison. Or be a madman and use both at once.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Autopoint, Noida are the dealers of RD products in NCR.
Yup, But till now He has not fitted one in any diesel Swift, Though I guess some testing was done and the results were satisfactory.

Test Drove two Swifts, One with Header,Filter and RD ECU the other with Port Polish and other Engine work with RD ECU. The Results were satisfactory as well. I guess we to wait for some time before seeing a Diesel Swift in action here in Delhi.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:39   #20
BHPian

PSI Motor Sports, Belgium (or Petes as is called here) is in this business for many years and products are available internationally which widens their expertise.

If my understanding is correct, RD is new in the business and has only limited number of installs which is normal for any new and upcoming company.

As much as I appreciate local expertise and enterprises for bringing in VFM products, I'd wait for some more time before jumping the boat to a product which has undergone only limited testing in the market. More so when it comes to playing with core components like ECU.

Also the cost differential as stated above does not make RD ECU incredibly cheaper or anything.

I've always wondered at the cost of these boxes...I'm sure the BOM cost of these in the 2K-3K range or less. But then again there is development cost, testing cost, line margins which pads up. And being a niche product which only a fraction of the automotive junta uses, the cost is bound to be up there since the volumes are low. Seems like I've answered my own question...lol

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 27th April 2009 at 13:54.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:34   #21
BHPian

Hi,

I have been using the RD Ecu for over 1.5 yrs now on my Vtec. In city driving I consistantly get around 13-14 without a/c and arnd 11-12 with a/c.

Another info abt the FE, 2 months back I had Karthik do a more conservative map for me and was going to my office during the 2nd shift ( 2pm -11pm) so since the roads were a little free, I got around 16 in city.

On the highway it is awesome, I have got 17kmpl on my way to HYD with 3 ppl in the car and the car being RACE TUNED for the HYD DRAGS. Let me add that no additional tuning was done at Hyderabad, I had got the car tuned by Karthik in Bangalore and took it to HYD.

I am sure some of the members must have seen how my car fared against the petes tuned Skoda VRS.

Talking about performance, for people who do not know, the 2008 speed run in B'bay, had a whopping 13 PODIUM finishers including IMPORTS running RaceDyanmics ECU's. Team MRF's rally Fiesta's and a whole lot of other teams also run RD ecu's.

Unlike, someone mentioned, the diesel ecu is ready and has been put on more than a couple of swifts I know off and its bee quite a while now. Like I mentioned earlier, the stock swift I drove with just the RD ecu did not make be beleive that it was a Swift that I was driving!!

Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
how long have you been using it and any difference in fe
what about the power- bhp difference with the rd ecu

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 27th April 2009 at 18:35.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:44   #22
BHPian

Hi Abhinav,

it is most definitely available for petrol engines and brother I would strongly recommend it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Is it available for the petrol engines as well?
Any contact details?

You can check the following link for dealers in NCR

Race Dynamics - Dealer Loactor

Cheers,
Shrey
Old 27th April 2009, 18:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi Abhinav,

it is most definitely available for petrol engines and brother I would strongly recommend it!!
Shrey, Is there one for the Civic and anyone used it in a Civic in Bangalore? Would be interested to know.
Old 27th April 2009, 23:36   #24
BHPian

ssjr0498 i am in mangalore and rd does not have a dealer here so from what i have read so for i think the rd piggyback ecu has a switch inside the car to toggle between the different settings so its not possible for me to connect it by myself like a petes box

btw i changed my engine oil to dello gold and had the green filter universal storm installed today in my magnum but coudnt really test it on the short drive from the service center to my home in city traffic but the engine feels smoother and sound is sweet-whine-growl and the car really takes off at 1800 rpm once the turbo starts working. will update tomorrow with pics and highway performance
Old 27th April 2009, 23:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Can RD ECU be removed before a car is given for service? The car in question is a getz petrol.
Old 27th April 2009, 23:50   #26
BHPian

There is one civic which I have seen using the RD Ecu, however, contact the RD team for the exact infor for Civic. They definately would be having something for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Shrey, Is there one for the Civic and anyone used it in a Civic in Bangalore? Would be interested to know.
Its a plug n play for diesels, however, you are correct, there is a switch to toggle so I am afraid you might not be able to connect it your self. But look at the brighter side, a nice drive from Mangalore to Bangalore and then a Wild drive on the way back.

I really like the place where Braj has his switch installed in his Elantra!! Totally Stealth!!. Waiting for your performance update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
ssjr0498 i am in mangalore and rd does not have a dealer here so from what i have read so for i think the rd piggyback ecu has a switch inside the car to toggle between the different settings so its not possible for me to connect it by myself like a petes box

btw i changed my engine oil to dello gold and had the green filter universal storm installed today in my magnum but coudnt really test it on the short drive from the service center to my home in city traffic but the engine feels smoother and sound is sweet-whine-growl and the car really takes off at 1800 rpm once the turbo starts working. will update tomorrow with pics and highway performance

Yes it is very easy to remove it, its just like attaching/ detaching a external modem to a serial port!! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Can RD ECU be removed before a car is given for service? The car in question is a getz petrol.
Hope this helps.

Cheers
Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 27th April 2009 at 23:52.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:59   #27
BHPian

step one complete . installed the green filter storm and changed engine oil to dello gold
pics of installed filter and stickers .

2 green filter stickers 5+5=10 bhp
1 petes sticker 10 bhp
mental bhp increased by 20 now
next need to arrange $$ for box

btw have i installed the filter right ? the instruction pamplet with the filter was in some alien language
Attached Thumbnails
Help-Petes box or Race Dynamics piggyback ECU for Optra Magnum-30042009306.jpg  

Help-Petes box or Race Dynamics piggyback ECU for Optra Magnum-30042009304.jpg  

Help-Petes box or Race Dynamics piggyback ECU for Optra Magnum-30042009303.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The PSI box widens the injector pulses so they stay open longer, therefore letting more fuel into the engine. The RD piggyback increases the rail pressure so more fuel is injected during the default injection cycle.

Choose your poison. Or be a madman and use both at once.
the PSI box also connects to the fuel pressure sensor on the rail (at least the one for the 1.3 JTD ). I don't think increasing both fuel pressure and the injector pulse width would help.

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 2nd May 2009 at 01:10.
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
the PSI box also connects to the fuel pressure sensor on the rail (at least the one for the 1.3 JTD ). I don't think increasing both fuel pressure and the injector pulse width would help.
you mean the box is just cosmetic ? its not going to increase the bhp ?
Old 2nd May 2009, 03:24   #30
BHPian

Wow, another 'box' for us madmen! Peter, you've got competition, baby !!

Inputs from anyone who has experienced both the pete's box and the RD piggyback ecu would be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks