Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:45   #46
BHPian

sorry to go out of topic
is the RD piggy back ECU avialable for ford Fiesta 1.6?
Old 10th July 2009, 10:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
sorry to go out of topic
is the RD piggy back ECU avialable for ford Fiesta 1.6?
yes, it is available.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
yes, it is available.
is the options and specification for increase in power or torque similar for all vehicles similar as that of the magnum mentioned in this thread(eg:25% increase in power on P2)
any pointers to how much it will cost approximately!!i dint find anything specific in their website!
Old 10th July 2009, 12:13   #49
BHPian

For all those details directly talk to them.
mobile no's are mentioned in website.
Old 18th August 2009, 08:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
is the options and specification for increase in power or torque similar for all vehicles similar as that of the magnum mentioned in this thread(eg:25% increase in power on P2)
any pointers to how much it will cost approximately!!i dint find anything specific in their website!
must be something around 25 to 30K...anyways speak to RDkarthik.
Old 4th September 2009, 23:12   #51
BHPian

Visited Petes at Cochin today and peted my Optra Magnum. Fixed the Green Cotton Storm filter with dynamisation kit too. The feel is just awesome. Engine has become lot smoother and torque delivery has become more even, particularly in thrid and fourth gear.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:22   #53
BHPian

Reply I got from PTronics for my Cruze.

Below is the email I got for the addon chip unit for my Cruze. I shall be going for it once the running in period of my car is over which should be in about a month or two.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your request concerning your Chevrolet

The unit is very easy to fit on this car, the unit is delivered with a full instruction ( with picture)
Delivery time is 2 days + clearance time, it's important to know that you have to pay customs taxes on delivery to india

You can find all price and power gain information on this link:
P-Tronic additional box-units :: power kit ::engine chips :: diesel chips :: power box-units :: diesel tuning :: power box-unit :: chiptuning :: increase engine power :: diesel booster :: TDI tuning :: additional box-unit (NEW)

There is 15% discount at this time ( and free delivery )

What are the new benefits of the P-tronic® add-on unit?

1. Its latest-generation microprocessors with their constant automatic control system offer a very reliable and secure product.
2. Other manufacturers’ units increase the fuel injection pressure proportionally without taking into account the speed at which the engine is running. By contrast, thanks to its new program, the P-tronic® add-on unit “Intelligent injection controller” constantly checks the intake levels for ignition and the engine temperature. It is combined with a new system for monitoring the running of the engine.
3. The new program of the P-tronic® add-on unit adapts to your driving. So the system switches automatically to economical mode when the car is being driven slowly, then returns to performance mode in 0.05 seconds when it is powerfully accelerated.
4. This unit offers the user a choice of different programs. It can favour fuel economy or provide additional torque or power or a compromise between the two.
5. The P-tronic® add-on unit is equipped with a delay designed to prevent excess fuel injection and smoke emissions when the vehicle is cold started.
When the engine is started for the first time, it should be allowed to tick over slowly for 30 seconds. During this first minute, the P-tronic® automatically detects the various data from your car’s specific sensors and modifies its own program as a result. After this first start, the software is adjusted specifically for your engine.

Don't hesitate to contact me for any future questions

best regards

Pascal FRECHES
P-Tronic Sales

Tel.: +32.487.52.83.58 (English)
Fax : +32.19.67.67.61
Old 5th January 2010, 09:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
Visited Petes at Cochin today and peted my Optra Magnum. Fixed the Green Cotton Storm filter with dynamisation kit too. The feel is just awesome. Engine has become lot smoother and torque delivery has become more even, particularly in thrid and fourth gear.

I am unable to find the right answer to this yet. If the after market (K&N or GC) increases the airflow, doesn't it filter the dust properly? How is it exactly working in order to work well under Indian pollution?
Could you please check with Pete?

Also, Is fitting Pete (or any other) ECU void the warrenty from the manufacturer? Are all their products certified by ARI and allowed by RTO?
Old 5th January 2010, 09:27   #55
BHPian

well any mod that stays under the emmission and sound norms is approved by the RTO. oh yea also all the mods that they cant really figure out..!! lol!
Old 6th April 2010, 07:17   #56
BHPian

From pictures on another thread, I see that in the case of RD there is a knob that has to be installed along with the main unit. In the case of Pete, there is no such thing. So even if both these are plug and play units, how are you going to explain the knob to the service center guys in the case of a warranty claim? Can the knob also be installed in such a manner so that it can be removed without a trace?

Off Topic: Anyone know of someone who has installed the RD on a Scopio?
Old 4th August 2011, 13:44   #57
BANNED

Re: Help-Petes box or Race Dynamics piggyback ECU for Optra Magnum

Hey Dockap -

I guess it's been 2+ years that you have been using the RD Box, would be thankful if you may throw some light on how it's been coming along?

A detailed report on how the different modes feel like would be really helpful.

Thanks Mate.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 4th August 2011, 16:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
From pictures on another thread, I see that in the case of RD there is a knob that has to be installed along with the main unit. In the case of Pete, there is no such thing. So even if both these are plug and play units, how are you going to explain the knob to the service center guys in the case of a warranty claim? Can the knob also be installed in such a manner so that it can be removed without a trace?

Off Topic: Anyone know of someone who has installed the RD on a Scopio?
That version of the rd box has since been discontinued, they have launched a new version with a wireless remote for switching between maps!

DieselTRONIC - Diesel ECU ( tuning box) to increase power and mileage with remote for multiple maps | racedynamics.in
binz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 22:56   #59
BHPian

Just installed the RD Dieseltronic box in my Swift Diesel yesterday.

Im thrilled with it. I considered the Pete's, but chose the RD because:

1. Changeable maps: You can change performance maps on the fly with the wireless remote and switch between Stoock, Economy, Performance 1, and Performance 2.

2. No smoke: Unlike the Pete's box, there's no smoke from the RD box even in P2 mode under heavy acceleration.

3. More balanced performance: When I drove a Pete'd swift, I loved it. Im getting the same wrecking-ball-in-your-back surge when I give the car the beans in P2 mode, but I can switch between maps depending on driving conditions. In P2, the RD claims 40% gains in power and torque, which is higher than Pete's claimed figures.

4. Cheaper: The RD box is 20 grand, which means it's about 10 grand less than the Pete's box if you were to get the Pete's with a CAI (which you need to cut out the smoke).

5. Coolness: Changing performance maps on the fly with a remote? Come on!!!!

Pics to follow.
ghostrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Just installed the RD Dieseltronic box in my Swift Diesel yesterday.

Im thrilled with it. I considered the Pete's, but chose the RD because:

1. Changeable maps: You can change performance maps on the fly with the wireless remote and switch between Stoock, Economy, Performance 1, and Performance 2.

2. No smoke: Unlike the Pete's box, there's no smoke from the RD box even in P2 mode under heavy acceleration.

3. More balanced performance: When I drove a Pete'd swift, I loved it. Im getting the same wrecking-ball-in-your-back surge when I give the car the beans in P2 mode, but I can switch between maps depending on driving conditions. In P2, the RD claims 40% gains in power and torque, which is higher than Pete's claimed figures.

4. Cheaper: The RD box is 20 grand, which means it's about 10 grand less than the Pete's box if you were to get the Pete's with a CAI (which you need to cut out the smoke).

5. Coolness: Changing performance maps on the fly with a remote? Come on!!!!

Pics to follow.
Bro,

Waiting for the pics and the detailed review. RD tuning box is currently on my shopping cart, Your information would be invaluable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks