Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Euro 69 feels a little too much for the antenna. We had someone trying to advertise here for such an antenna.

Btw, if you want to try this antenna :
1. Suggest : think of removing the stock antenna after you have verified this antenna works.
2. This antenna is tuned for WS frequencies, and may not catch FM signals.
3. Till then / even later You dont need to remove the stock antenna. Unless you want to remove the FM altogether.
Yes it is expensive, the options of listening to music for me is less, I started out with CD then migrated to Ipod and still not getting enough of having an option of have varied kind of music. Then this hit upon me why can't I put my existing Worldspace in my car, then the question of antenna etc came up, finallya solution for the antenna

The Idea is to buy below items

1. Worldspace reciver (https://www.worldspace.in/Shop.asp)
2. JAST vehicle antenna for world space reciever (Jast | WorldSpace Vehicular Antenna)
3. Wireless FM transmitter (Wireless FM Transmitter For Mp3 Players /Ipods /Mp4 - Buy 1 Get 1 Free gifts in india at rediff shopping.)

All this can be tucked away in the rear shelf or in the boot. Cables can be easily tucked away.

I might not remove the existing antenna, but try to squeeze the cable of this antenna through the base of the existing antenna, not sure though how all is going to span out. Will wait and see if the antenna works.

Last edited by ajitsank : 30th April 2009 at 14:57.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we should move this discussion to the WS thread.

One more suggestion for you : pls wait a bit. I had thought of options for this, but has not worked so far. May be by next week or two I can give you give some updates on my experiments.

1. If you want to try, get the antenna & borrow the player to test it out. You can always buy the WS receiver later.
2. Forget the FM transmitter, and get a HU with an Aux-in. Connect the WS receiver output to the Aux port. What you gain with the WS signals, will be lost in this transmitter.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think we should move this discussion to the WS thread.

One more suggestion for you : pls wait a bit. I had thought of options for this, but has not worked so far. May be by next week or two I can give you give some updates on my experiments.

1. If you want to try, get the antenna & borrow the player to test it out. You can always buy the WS receiver later.
2. Forget the FM transmitter, and get a HU with an Aux-in. Connect the WS receiver output to the Aux port. What you gain with the WS signals, will be lost in this transmitter.
Jee this is getting a bit too fast; ok my initial thought was;

1. I would use the clock glove in my swift (the location where they have put in the clock).

2. Dismantle the WS recevier and stick/insert the WS display to the location where the clock display is located.

3. The wires fromt he WS display needs to be desoldered and a little long wires need to connected from the WS display to the small PCB/motherboard of the WS and that can be saftely put under the dashboard.

4. Option a. Connect a wire from the AUX out of the WS space and put the other end to my SWIFT ZXI integrated audio AUX IN. (but then this wire will be visible then)

Option b. Is there a way to connect/solder a wire to the AUX IN of the integrated audio system.

I have an existing/old WS reciever. Which is bigger one that what is available now from WS. I had dismantled the WS yestrerday and looked at it carefully and found out that wires can be desoldered and soldered back in.

The current WS reciever is very small and the display/PCB should fit in the Swift Clock dash board without much difficulty, however this is just a preception.

Last edited by ajitsank : 30th April 2009 at 15:37.
Old 30th April 2009, 16:19   #19
BHPian

Moderators could you please rename the heading to

"Worldspace Radio in SWIFT"

This will have people throw more ideas as to how to integrate WorldSpace reciever into a Swift.

Last edited by ajitsank : 30th April 2009 at 16:20.
Old 3rd May 2009, 08:30   #20
BHPian

Woldspace on Swift discussion thread

please discuss this in the below thread;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1286054
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:30   #21
Team-BHP Support

Removing the antenna

After the antenna of my brand new City was stolen a few weeks ago, I have been skeptical about keeping the antenna fixed to my Corsa.

When my car was just transported from Gurgaon to Bangalore, I was driving with the antenna removed and got a decent signal on all radio stations. I fixed it shortly.

If I do remove the antenna, is there a risk of the antenna slot (the point where the antenna is screwed into the car) being damaged by 1) rain or water during washing, 2) dust or any other factor?
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:57   #22
BHPian

Even I have removed the antenna from my new Honda City and kept it in the dashboard, as a lot of them were being stolen around the areas that I have to park. The reception is just fine within the city and can easily put it back on a long drive and then remove it when needed.
As a precaution against the threads of the holder getting fouled up with dust etc. I have screwed in a Electrical screw of the same thread size. This type of screw comes with electric panels etc., you will need to go to a few hardware shops and get it. It is like a thumb screw, the head is made of plastic with grooves for grip and has a small screw part protuding from the other end. The only problem is that I have it in white colour. Need to paint it black.
Let me know if you need to see a picture and I'll upload one. I have a spare too which I can happily send over but am not sure if the thread size will be the same.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:32   #23
Team-BHP Support

thanks! that is good advice.

I am in Bangalore so guess I'll check some shops over the weekend and fix it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks