Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2005, 11:00   #31
BHPian

prices are pretty decent

nice list there...but are they available in all places? Maybe in a month or 2 it will be available across all maruti outlets.
Old 16th June 2005, 13:44   #32
BANNED

Thanx gkrishnan,

Well i want to know is that can manual sunroof be opened from outside. What are its disadvantges excepy manual opening and closing??

Whats a hot stop mirror?

Wheel caps are wuite well priced but who cares about wheel caps every one want alloys including kids on their car collection..
Old 16th June 2005, 15:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Thanx gkrishnan,

Well i want to know is that can manual sunroof be opened from outside. What are its disadvantges excepy manual opening and closing??

a manual sunroof cannot slide like the electric one.it can pop up from both sides.either u can tilt the front end up so that air comes inside or you can tilt the back part upwards so that it acts like a spoiler.

a manual sunroof has many advantages:

1.as no motor in involved,no maintainenece will be required,as like the PW motors ,they will also tend to become slow with time and hence will require regular maintainence.
2.also an electric one ,will put extra load on the battery.

and lastly,it costs about 30k less than the electric one.

the manual one at 8k is definitely a good buy.
Old 16th June 2005, 18:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

here are some pics of the Webasto manual sunroof which takes about 2 hours to install .

Old 17th June 2005, 15:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
8k for a Sunrrof is impossible.. if it was so then why wouldnot Maruti give it as optional in the car..

gkrishn please post the list fast..
I called up the webasto guy in chennai, and for my santro he offered a range of 8K to 38K for various manual and eletric models, (in fact 72 K for the push back panoramic roof). So i guess it's the same type they can fit in any car.
Old 17th June 2005, 17:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
and the manual one we are talking about here is the Hollndia 100 costs 13k for installation through webasto along with 2 years warranty.
http://www.webastoindia.com/Hollandia100.html

??

i am sorry that i had told its 13k as that was the price about a year ago.

now it s 9k if you plan to get it from webasto

here's what the webasto personnel had written to me

Quote:

Dear Mr. Shetty,

Thank you very much for your valued enquiry.

We at Webasto are the world leaders in sunroof business.

Webasto provides high quality sunroofs, which enhances the experience of mobility and increases comfort on the move. Webasto is working as OE supplier with all global automotive manufacturers and enjoys very good reputation for development and supply of sunroof systems.

As for your car Zen is concerned, you can go in for many options starting from the basic Manual sunroof (Hollandia 100) which is also called the Pop Up. This is a manuual sunroof , and the glass is 5mm thick , 3 times toughened strong glass which has properties of 98% heat resistance and 99 % UV protection. The cost of this Sunroof will be Rs. 9000 /= inclusive of all taxes and installation. The installation time will be approx 2 hours. We are sending across few photographs with sunroofs to give you a better picture.

For any further clarification or details please feel free to get back to us.

Thanks and regards

Siddharth Oberoi
Head Channel Marketing
Webasto Motherson Sunroofs Limited
+91 98671 51363

Old 17th June 2005, 17:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey SS are those sunroof pics of Your Zen
Old 11th April 2008, 22:14   #38
BHPian

Maruti Genuine Accesories for Swift- Anyone?

Will probably purchase a Swift Diesel soon. Has anyone purchased any of the following Maruti Genuine Accessories for the Swift:

1) Motorized Sunroof

2) Front and Rear Body Skirts

I'd be interested in any opinions you guys have.

Finally, has anyone from Bombay installed an aftermarket Free Flow Catback exhaust on the Swift Diesel?

I remember a guy named Ajah Mhapsekar from Panschal Auto in Phoenix mills having a bit of a reputation for exhausts. Any advice/ input appreciated
Old 12th April 2008, 11:49   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Will probably purchase a Swift Diesel soon. Has anyone purchased any of the following Maruti Genuine Accessories for the Swift:

1) Motorized Sunroof

2) Front and Rear Body Skirts

I'd be interested in any opinions you guys have.

Finally, has anyone from Bombay installed an aftermarket Free Flow Catback exhaust on the Swift Diesel?

I remember a guy named Ajah Mhapsekar from Panschal Auto in Phoenix mills having a bit of a reputation for exhausts. Any advice/ input appreciated
That Someone is the owner of AUTOMECH.
He is good. i am sure several bhpians can vouch for that.
And as far as i know, maruti does not give motorized sun roofs as "Genuine Accessories"

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 12th April 2008 at 11:51.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
That Someone is the owner of AUTOMECH.
He is good. i am sure several bhpians can vouch for that.
And as far as i know, maruti does not give motorized sun roofs as "Genuine Accessories"
They do offer sunroofs as a genuine accessory.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sunroof-3.html
Old 12th April 2008, 12:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Otherwise WEBASTO is another very good professional after market sunroof fitters. I am not sure about the types of sun/moon roofs available with MGA, but WEBASTO do has a lot of them in their line-up.

Cheers

Last edited by ashthedivx : 12th April 2008 at 12:39.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:17   #42
BHPian

LHS RVM for Swift Lxi

Hi,
One bus driver did not like the additional 1200 i spent on making driving Lxi safer and it is now broken. Getting a new one from the service station would pull me down by another 1200 or so. One of the accessory shop i checked said he can fit it for 400 or so.
Any pointers whats could be a decent price for LHS mirror and what should i look out in case of cheap model.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Paritosh
Mumbai
Old 8th December 2008, 13:22   #43
Team-BHP Support

If you are not particular about the quality, go ahead 400 is a very good price, hope its internally adjustable unit. Check the mirror quality also, since cheap ones might be of inferior quality and will distort.

MGA will be slightly expensive but quality wise will be definitely better.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:39   #44
BHPian

I am in Chennai. I too face the same issue of my Swifts LHS RW Mirror getting broken. In my case, the mirror and the unit is intact. Only the outer shell (the one which has body colour painted on it) is broken. The mirror is functioning perfectly and is not broken. Any suggestions .
Old 8th December 2008, 15:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If you are not particular about the quality, go ahead 400 is a very good price, hope its internally adjustable unit. Check the mirror quality also, since cheap ones might be of inferior quality and will distort.

MGA will be slightly expensive but quality wise will be definitely better.
Thanks for confirming on price Jaggu. I think i ll go with the 400 option. Its prone for damage in any case in the mumbai traffic.
Fortunately the earlier MGA mirror is intact, only the outer casing got broken. So i'd try to fix in the old good quality mirror in the cheaper casing.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks