Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

1. Tow cables easily available in Mayapuri. In several capacity. We use them all the time at our OTR's

2. Jerry Cans I too am on the lookout. The ones in mayapuri are he army disposal ones, but I never really liked the quality so haven't bought them.
If someone can arrange I would really like to buy jerry cans like these. (Pics enclosed)

5. Tool Kits: Kashmiri Gate is the place, but I bought old tools (again army disposals) and an ammunition box from Mayapuri itself. Looks really cool and compact. Plus they give by weight. Dont remember how much I paid for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Please help me locate following accessories in New Delhi-jerry-can-1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 24th June 2009, 09:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well, I suppose these type of Jerry Cans can be obtained from Mayapuri or the market opposite to Grand Hyatt hotel (I am missing the name of market somehow). This market is fairly popular for such imported parts.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Well, I suppose these type of Jerry Cans can be obtained from Mayapuri or the market opposite to Grand Hyatt hotel (I am missing the name of market somehow). This market is fairly popular for such imported parts.
Hi
I've tried mayapuri and the only cans that they have are the army disposal ones and as tanveer has said they leak from the top and are not air tight!!!

I would love to try the market near Hayatt. Can you please point/ explain the location???
Old 24th June 2009, 11:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

By Hyatt you mean Bhikaji Kama place where there are a couple of petrol pumps. I don't recall seeing any market there!
Old 24th June 2009, 11:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I would love to try the market near Hayatt. Can you please point/ explain the location???
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
By Hyatt you mean Bhikaji Kama place where there are a couple of petrol pumps. I don't recall seeing any market there!
Opposite the Grand Hyatt as in - on Ring Road. Coming from the Shanti Path side, its on your left, just before the Petrol Pumps & the Bhikaji Cama flyover. You get just about everything pertaining to cars, not sure about Jerry Cans though!

Forgetting the name of the market - damn
Old 24th June 2009, 11:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi
I've tried mayapuri and the only cans that they have are the army disposal ones and as tanveer has said they leak from the top and are not air tight!!!

Quote:
This market is just before the Petrol pumps opposite to Hyatt. While moving on Shantipath towards Bhikaji Cama Palace, you can see the complex building on your left side(Grey coloured it is, if my memory seves me right). Lookout for a Left turn as soon as come down after "Rao tula marg" Flyover.

Complex's name is Palika Bhawan, you can virtually get each and every part of any imported or high-end car in this complex.

For jerry cans you might need to scout a bit, as it is not something very fast moving product.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ashish!!!
I might try that market in the next couple of days and will definitely update on the thread!!!
Old 24th June 2009, 20:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Is Palika Bhawan the market place which is on the Ring Road before the subway (coming from Dhaula Kuan side) and has some famous Pakore Wala too?
Old 24th June 2009, 21:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Ditto for Changthang Plateau.
Absolutely no fuel anywhere.
There is fuel available at nyoma 20 litres jerrycan is the min. buying quantity. If you run out u can get it. Its available at the only PCO in the village.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

If you check with Jay_J on Indiamike, they bought fuel at Sarchu and at Chumathang as well FYI.

yeah TSK13, that is the place.

Does anyone know the contact of any audio installer from that area? That place has awesome rates - no bharosa on the people though!!
Old 24th June 2009, 22:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
There is fuel available at nyoma 20 litres jerrycan is the min. buying quantity. If you run out u can get it. Its available at the only PCO in the village.
Thanks arpan, but its always better not to depend upon such sources. So we will carry two jerrycans of 30 liters each, now the question, where to get a good air tight one.
Looks like I will need to really hunt in chawri bazaar, Mayapuri and maybe even Kashmere gate!
Old 24th June 2009, 22:47   #27
BHPian

I have 2 army jerry cans which I bought from Mayapuri and restored it in preparation for my Leh trip, but since I won't be able to make it this year, its not in use. So if you want, you can borrow it and check if it will serve your purpose. One of them is completely leak proof, one of them leaks from the cap but changing the rubber pad in the mouth should fix it.

Some pictures here..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1045441-post88.html
Old 24th June 2009, 22:54   #28
BHPian

you can also try the black colored plastic jerry cans.they are used to carry chemicals/oil etc.
Check with any farm equipment store too.
Or why not an old Maruti 800 ka fuel tank ? should do the job.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:26   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I have 2 army jerry cans which I bought from Mayapuri and restored it in preparation for my Leh trip, but since I won't be able to make it this year, its not in use. So if you want, you can borrow it and check if it will serve your purpose. One of them is completely leak proof, one of them leaks from the cap but changing the rubber pad in the mouth should fix it.

Some pictures here..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1045441-post88.html
Thanks! If I can't find leak proof by July end, I will borrow yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
you can also try the black colored plastic jerry cans.they are used to carry chemicals/oil etc.
Check with any farm equipment store too.
Or why not an old Maruti 800 ka fuel tank ? should do the job.
Any idea where can I find such farm equipment stores?
Old 24th June 2009, 23:50   #30
BHPian

Try
Delhi Tin Met Ltd.
T2/147, Mangolpuri Industrial Area Ph-I
Delhi - 110 083, Delhi, India
Phone: +(91)-(11)-27916248 / 27910379 / 25270371

For the plastic ones:-
Glow Packaging Private Limited
68, Patparganj Industrial Area
New Delhi - 110 092, Delhi, India
Phone:+(91)-(11)-30181648 / 30181650 / 30181111