Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 08:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Old Honda City (OHC 1.5) spare / accessories prices.

My Old Honda City 1.5 EXI(2001) went for a much delayed service to Whitefield Honda with 58000kms on the odo.
The following were the major expenses(all approx):
1. Front and back bumpers( parts, painting and labour) Rs.10000 each
2. Front both fenders(parts, painting and labour) Rs.12,000 each
3. Both headlights Rs.5000 each

Still have to do
1. Brake pad replacement (Whitefield Honda is quoting Rs.5000). Made a few enquiries outside and everybody said around 1200 for Bosch/Nissin.
2. Horn replacement (Whitefield Honda quoted Rs.5000)
3. Power windows: Iam able to down the left front window only through the driver switch but raise it back only through passenger switch. White Field Honda service guys say the problem is in the main switch board at the driver side. Needs replacement. Cost Rs. 10000. I let it pass.
Old 31st December 2013, 09:31   #47
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
My Old Honda City 1.5 EXI(2001) went for a much delayed service to Whitefield Honda with 58000kms on the odo.
The following were the major expenses(all approx):
1. Front and back bumpers( parts, painting and labour) Rs.10000 each
2. Front both fenders(parts, painting and labour) Rs.12,000 each
3. Both headlights Rs.5000 each

Still have to do
1. Brake pad replacement (Whitefield Honda is quoting Rs.5000). Made a few enquiries outside and everybody said around 1200 for Bosch/Nissin.
2. Horn replacement (Whitefield Honda quoted Rs.5000)
3. Power windows: Iam able to down the left front window only through the driver switch but raise it back only through passenger switch. White Field Honda service guys say the problem is in the main switch board at the driver side. Needs replacement. Cost Rs. 10000. I let it pass.
1) Bread Pads Bosch about Rs.980 or less + Labor Rs.450-Rs.650. If you are doing lathe work while changing break pads (they smooth disk surface with lathe) then add RS.350-Rs.500/- more.
2) Horn replacement 5K! Go to after market accessories shop!
3) Not sure about power windows but I am sure you will get better pricing from outside. I am occasionally facing similar issue in my 2004 city gxi but problem goes away itself when I roll down left windows completely and roll it up again.
4) Bumper should have been about 6k-8k each with painting from outside and I am not sure what front fenders is? Usually its about 1.5k-2k per panel for painting from paint job garages. But again dealers charge more, its all about time, if you don't have time then this price is correct.

Please add applicable taxes on above quotes.
Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 18:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Bumper should have been about 6k-8k each with painting from outside and I am not sure what front fenders is? Usually its about 1.5k-2k per panel for painting from paint job garages. But again dealers charge more, its all about time, if you don't have time then this price is correct.
The service guys referred the panel above the wheel arches (sharing borders with bumper, bonnet and door) as "fender". I am not sure whether the usage is right. The panels were replaced as they said the dents are beyond tinkering. I was worried about getting body work done at outside garages because I had never taken a car to one. The car looks good now and the paint job is good.

Considering the cost, future works on this car may happen only at garages. The prices of parts and labour are very high at Honda Service for the OHC even when compared to the parts of the newer models. For eg. the power window driver switch unit only costs approx INR 5000 for the outgoing Honda City. It is double that for OHC.

Got the horn replaced outside. Cost me INR 900 including labour (against INR 5000 quoted by Honda service).
drjkonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 14:49   #49

Guys I have an old Honda City 1.5 AT (pre-facelift - 1999). Okay full disclosure : I recently inherited it from my dad.

The only major issue it has is that the alternator has given issues for a while now. Dad wasn't able to find a replacement alternator and so the old part has been 'fixed' at his garage. However it has not run 100% since then. The car is sluggish / muted and at high rpms the battery light comes on.

Does anyone know where and for how much could a new part be found? Also where could a used part be acquired? Would that be a wise decision?

I'm okay with ordering it from any place in India as I don't mind shipping and neft payments. Although a shop in Mumbai, Baroda or Ahmedabad would be great.
Old 4th February 2015, 19:15   #50
Max
BHPian

Installed, right side mirror in my 2nd Gen Honda City (Dolphin Model). Cost Rs.1080 for the mirror, Rs.500 for Painting, Rs.100 for fitting (Road side vendor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bystandard View Post
Does anyone know where and for how much could a new part be found? Also where could a used part be acquired? Would that be a wise decision?

I'm okay with ordering it from any place in India as I don't mind shipping and neft payments. Although a shop in Mumbai, Baroda or Ahmedabad would be great.
Call City Motors in Mumbai, http://citymotorco.com/contactcmsp.htm
Tel: 91-22- 66232900/ Ext: 1to10
Fax: 91-22-66232911
Email: citymotor9@gmail.com
citymotor9@rediffmail.com
Old 18th May 2015, 09:55   #51
BHPian

Does anyone know from where can I get the '1.5 Exi' badge for my 3rd generation Honda City somewhere around Bangalore (or online would fine too).

TIA.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th May 2015 at 10:43. Reason: OHC > 3rd generation Honda City. Please avoid using abbreviations for cars while posting on the forums. Thanks!
Old 18th May 2015, 11:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Does anyone know from where can I get the '1.5 Exi' badge for my 3rd generation Honda City somewhere around Bangalore (or online would fine too).

TIA.
@Gannu_1, about the edit, its a Type 2 Honda City. I don't think it is 3rd generation, is it?
Old 18th May 2015, 11:13   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
@Gannu_1, about the edit, its a Type 2 Honda City. I don't think it is 3rd generation, is it?
Is this the one you meant - Third generation (1996–2002)?
Old 18th May 2015, 11:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Is this the one you meant - Third generation (1996–2002)?

That is right.

I thought the Type 2s are also called OHC
Old 19th October 2017, 12:21   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hi All,

Need below spare prices of the OHC 1.5 Exi model.

Complete monogram set
Wiper set - with stalks
Original Electrically adjustable ORVM's
Front grille (original and aftermarket)
Headlights (original and projector type)
Tail-lights (original - single and set)
TypeR Honda logos (Red or any other colored ones)
Type R mesh grille
Front grille
VTEC spoiler
Honda Civic front number plate unit (will this fit the City)
Guys I have a OHC 1.3 exi , Its getting difficult to get Headlights,Can somebody help me find out where I can get it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks