Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 22:20   #1
BHPian

Pulsar 220 projector headlights on car!

hi friends,
Am here with a new (may be stupid) doubt. i was in search of an after market projector headlight set up for my hyundai santro. as you all know, its really impossible to find one. whenever i tried to contact any car modifiers, they are telling very high price. so now am thinking of a DIY project. am an amateur in this field. so my 1st doubt is,
can i use pulsar 220 projector kit for my car? is it readly fittable?
is it costly? will it make things useless? can i fit bi-xenon or dual beam light?
i know i had asked a really silly question, but i really need help.
i dont know why nobody discussed about it till now. i tried google also, but no use. anyway friends, help.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:51   #2
BHPian

first of all need to ask you..which santro you have ? i means the model

secondly you have the projectors or you need to buy them ?

bi-xenons are really expensive !
you can make the double beam projectors in all santro models but the finishing is really costly .

one more thing if you going with the visibility part of the projectors then mind it to use the original bulbs with them ( i mean that if the projectors hold h7 the use only h7) otherwise you will ruin the whole thing
Old 19th July 2009, 23:03   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Projectors are typically for a single(fixed) HID beam - low. By that definition, if you want HIDs for low and high beam, you will need two separate projectors. Either that, or a single projector will need to swivel up/down for high-low beam, which is a very non-standard setup - and you would probably be amongst the first to experiment/implement such a setup if you chose this option.

As far as the feasibility of the Pulsar projector goes, projectors are typically vehicle agnostic. Having said that, you might just want to experiment once to check the spread/throw of this projector before you take the plunge.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:57   #4
BHPian

Kindly go through the following link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-page-3-a.html

also search on Google, there are couple more, but i will get a infraction, if i post them here.

UM
Attached Thumbnails
Pulsar 220 projector headlights on car!-24042009164_gva.jpg  

Last edited by UniqueMods : 20th July 2009 at 16:05.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
first of all need to ask you..which santro you have ? i means the model

secondly you have the projectors or you need to buy them ?

bi-xenons are really expensive !
you can make the double beam projectors in all santro models but the finishing is really costly .

one more thing if you going with the visibility part of the projectors then mind it to use the original bulbs with them ( i mean that if the projectors hold h7 the use only h7) otherwise you will ruin the whole thing
mine is the old model santro with bug eye headlight!
i will be buying the projectors after getting green signal from team bhp guru's. you know, am a student and dont want to waste money on buying projectors which might be useless. so friends, please give me ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Projectors are typically for a single(fixed) HID beam - low. By that definition, if you want HIDs for low and high beam, you will need two separate projectors. Either that, or a single projector will need to swivel up/down for high-low beam, which is a very non-standard setup - and you would probably be amongst the first to experiment/implement such a setup if you chose this option.

As far as the feasibility of the Pulsar projector goes, projectors are typically vehicle agnostic. Having said that, you might just want to experiment once to check the spread/throw of this projector before you take the plunge.
ok, so u r telling that i should go for low beam in projector, but the problem is where will i fit a second projector or any other thing for high beam? i dont think it will have enough space. am attaching a pic of front view, can you tell me how the fitting can be done? like, if i fit a low beam projector, what should i do for high beam? if i have to fit a second projector, where will i do that?
Old 20th July 2009, 20:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

The thing you are asking has already been done by Smokin.
But since he is commercially involved, he cannot post a picture on this thread.
However you can check it in his avatar where he has put the picture of double beam projectors with angel eyes and led indicators done on a santro.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

The beam of the P220 will not be too effective on a car. It is quite good on a bike. It is more pointed than projectors on cars. So unless there is some way to adjust the throw pattern of the projectors, it would be a waste of money. try getting projectors off cars like the sonata/mondeo etc from any scrapyard.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The beam of the P220 will not be too effective on a car. It is quite good on a bike. It is more pointed than projectors on cars. So unless there is some way to adjust the throw pattern of the projectors, it would be a waste of money. try getting projectors off cars like the sonata/mondeo etc from any scrapyard.
thanks for that point. so you are telling, it will be waste of money to fitpulsar 220 projectors. do you know if the problem is due to projector lens itself or due to the way it is fixed in the bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The thing you are asking has already been done by Smokin.
But since he is commercially involved, he cannot post a picture on this thread.
However you can check it in his avatar where he has put the picture of double beam projectors with angel eyes and led indicators done on a santro.
seen that, but that pic makes me feel that projector set up does not suit santro(no offense please) what do you think about making it fit in the fog lamp assembly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks