Team-BHP - Review : Philips Xtreme power bulbs for my M800
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Review : Philips Xtreme power bulbs for my M800 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/63790-review-philips-xtreme-power-bulbs-my-m800.html)

Hi all,

I took my dad's M800 for a night drive and was nearly appalled with the headlamps. The stock head lamps did not have intensity / throw and even high beam did not help.

After reading some posts by fellow BHPians, I installed the Philips Xtreme power 60/55W lamps. These were just retrofit and no other changes were required.

Philips claim 80% brighter light but IMO, it has increased by about 40%. The Low beam throw distance remains the same but the intensity is more.
The high beam throw and intensity have increased and now I can spot people running across the road easier than before.

The pair of bulbs cost me INR 950. Though expensive, it seemed worth. The dealer claimed a life of about 2000 hours.

I would recommend these bulbs to someone looking for a better bulb than stock but do not want any kind of circuit changes.

I have posted one picture that I clicked while driving back after the install. Please excuse the quality since it is a low light picture taken from my phone. You can really see the brightness of the beam on the road. I shall post more pictures soon.

Adding 3 more pictures.

as I remember , there life reduces alot, with frequent use of dipper. Not really a VFM.

Instead you could have gone for 90/100 W with relay and ceramic holders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 1446459)
as I remember , there life reduces alot, with frequent use of dipper. Not really a VFM.

This would have called for a change in electrical wiring and in future MASS would have washed off any electrical issues that need to be fixed under warranty.

@rkbharat,

I think you mean the high beam. I use them only when necessary. The dealer claimed a life of 2000 hours which seemed high hopes to me. I really need to check how long it lasts.

@DieselFan,

The car is out of warranty. As you said, I needed only retrofit bulbs.

I had Philips Xtreme power bulbs on my Indigo and I must confess that their performance is pathetic during rains. Visibility was extremely poor during rains but their performance when its not raining is much better than normal halogens.

Needless to say I switched back to normal OEM halogens at least till the rains are over.

^^^ surprising, indeed. I was very satisfied with the Philips Extreme Power used in an Alto. It was used in the rain and thick fog in Munnar, and definitely much better than the stock Halonix. Maybe these bulbs do not "match" with the Indigo reflectors???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1461696)
I had Philips Xtreme power bulbs on my Indigo and I must confess that their performance is pathetic during rains. Visibility was extremely poor during rains but their performance when its not raining is much better than normal halogens.

Needless to say I switched back to normal OEM halogens at least till the rains are over.

Well i would think that your reflectors are on their way out so many have a look at them and think of changing them because no matter how many bulbs you change it wouldn't amke much of a difference!

I have been using these for nearly 7 months now and I am very satisfied with their performance. I do tend to drive through some pitch dark highways and these have made my life a lot easier :)

I got Philips Rally - 90/100 & relay fitted in my father's M800 (1998). These lamps are excellent I must say...go for them.

Cheers,
Deepak

can somebody suggest a HEADLIGHT SOLUTION for ANHC ? The lights are not enough for highway driving. The lights are just enough for driving a speed of about 80 kmph in the night ...thats it.

somebody please suggest a good solution for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinivas9446 (Post 1467502)
can somebody suggest a HEADLIGHT SOLUTION for ANHC ? The lights are not enough for highway driving. The lights are just enough for driving a speed of about 80 kmph in the night ...thats it.

Srini: You can try Philips Rally (90/100 W) with modified relay.

Cheers,
Deepak

This bulb is not worth the money spend . I changed my ikon's halonix to xtereme power.there was a slight increase in brightness but not the claimed 80% .And the low beam of one of the bulb blew in a month.It did not perform well in rain also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinivas9446 (Post 1467502)

Get your reflectors checked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 1446459)

Hi rkbharat, what is ceramic holders? I have never heard of that? I changed my 800's light with wiring harness and 200 watt relay. It seems it is working fine.

Where can I get ceramic holders?