Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 12:12   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
But Cosworth performance parts should be used by responsible drivers.
That would mean 99.99% of drivers in India wont be eligible.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Indian Aftermarket Performance Parts scene is coming of age. It is definately good news to see Cosworth setting up shop here. It will be interesting to see if Cosworth set up a seperate divsion at the local Ford dealerships accross the country to offer their parts without putting a void on the car warranty.

Now if only the Mondeo was still alive in India.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:21   #18
BHPian

Great news! if there is no void in warranty by using the cosworth parts it is most welcome. I should start saving up
Old 17th September 2009, 14:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Great news! if there is no void in warranty by using the cosworth parts it is most welcome.
Void in warranty? you can bet on it! Going by another thread of a Fiesta S, even changing the tyres voids warranty.

I'm not aware of any performance mods that can be done without voiding warranty. Anyway thats a bit OT.

As someone said, their website mentions upgrades only for Nissan, Mitsubishi and Subaru. What gives?
Old 17th September 2009, 18:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Void in warranty? you can bet on it! Going by another thread of a Fiesta S, even changing the tyres voids warranty.

I'm not aware of any performance mods that can be done without voiding warranty.
If cosworth provides the performance parts/kits in association with Ford, i that way it wont void warranty. when an aftermarket performance parts manfacturer sets up a new facility and if using their products will void your warranty, which as we all know is a big concern in India. It's not worth the investment they make. There is should be some way they plan to market them.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:17   #21
BHPian

Hey guys

What do you think should Cosworth's agenda for India be? What does the performance market in India lack?
Old 18th September 2009, 11:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhadilkar View Post
What does the performance market in India lack?
The performance market in India lacks Everything.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2009 at 14:11. Reason: No bypassing the 20 character rule please
Old 18th September 2009, 15:56   #23
BHPian

A Ford Fiesta with a Cosworth engine. How about a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII to VIII (Mitsubishi 4G63) using Cosworth's high performance engine parts? The company website mentions Cosworth's range of Duratec engines between 2.0 L to 2.3 L giving a power output from 205 to 280 bhp... does it sound exciting?
Old 18th September 2009, 18:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
If cosworth provides the performance parts/kits in association with Ford, i that way it wont void warranty. when an aftermarket performance parts manfacturer sets up a new facility and if using their products will void your warranty, which as we all know is a big concern in India. It's not worth the investment they make. There is should be some way they plan to market them.
Well, "aftermarket" describes it. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but if they provide parts/kits along with manufacturers, they will be OEM parts not termed aftermarket - which the article states.
And anything aftermarket that means tinkering with the cars electrical/mechanical parts will, in my opinion void warranty.

My speculation follows:-
i'd say that Cosworths sales target in India will be very low, aiming at a niche enthusiast market and creating a brand over the years. A bulk of their manufacturing will be exported to their main markets in the western world.
Old 19th September 2009, 14:15   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
i'd say that Cosworths sales target in India will be very low, aiming at a niche enthusiast market and creating a brand over the years. A bulk of their manufacturing will be exported to their main markets in the western world.
Pricing will be key, OEM performance parts have traditionally been ridiculously priced! On the other hand, if they develop a Fiesta 1.6S in conjunction with Ford

I think the start of Cosworth's Indian innings will be more of a consulting role to the brands. Engine, suspension, chassis etc. development. Mahindra & Tata sure as hell could use Cosworth's services to improvise on their dynamics.....a factor that's traditionally been their weakest link. Imagine the cost savings vis a vis global consulting.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

Now this is news! A certain Mr. Peter would soon start having sleepless nights once Cosworth becomes an established brand among car enthusiasts and tuners alike.

This is also a sign that Ford should consider introducing some serious machinery in India. Were is the Mondeo when you need it?!

And I still have wet-dreams of the Sierra RS Cosworth.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:57   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Following just came in from Cosworth:

Quote:
Cosworth is offering its ‘YD’ Duratec series of engines from 2.0 L to 2.3 L with a power range from 208 bhp to 280 bhp respectively in India. The engines will be imported from Cosworth’s facility in Northampton, England where they are individually hand built and includes a bespoke port bored barrel throttle inlet system, performance cams, custom valve springs, race proven dry sump and a mappable racing engine management system.
Old 7th November 2009, 13:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh! My! God!

This is HUGE news. I truly truly hope we can plonk these engines into Ford cars without voiding warranties, then I can put a Ford into consideration for my next car
Old 7th November 2009, 13:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

If cosworth sells these parts directly to the indian market the whole scenario of motorsports in india would change.We no longer would be pulling out old used engines from other cars.Apart from that the thing which would be interesting to see is how these parts are priced and are distributed all over india.
Old 7th November 2009, 13:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Now if only the Mondeo was still alive in India.
I too say so if Mondeo was still available and sold in India.Man that would have had some serious machine to see on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
wow thats again some great news from cosworth, what needs to see how they offer their products in indian market with better pricing, and they dont violate warranty on ford cars as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks