Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 22:00   #1
BHPian

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-001-1.jpg

OK OK so u guys must be shocked to see the 1st pic well thats where the story starts read on ( Warning :I am no good at writing so please bear with me)

I bought my first bike a Red Pulsar 220 after a loong wait of 2 years.

But as luck had it i met with a major crash.

Instead of only repairing the bike i went ahead and modded it completely.

This is what the bike looked like after all the work had been done!

Then after using the bike for 3 months 1 of my friend asked for the bike so i sold it to him!

Now i had some good money in my hands and was crazy of Chip Foose Overhaulin and OCC like any other teenage car and bike admirer of my age.

Not to forget the exotic "Elenor" from "Gone in 60 seconds" and the black nissan engine swap mustang from "F&F Tokyo drift".

But i was still a n00b when it comes to cars.

I started looking for a Contessa in my hometown of Pondicherry but couldnt find a good petrol one for almost 4-5 months then came a ray of HOPE as one of my good friend told me there is a petrol contessa with a person and he might be willing to sell it.That same day i went to the owner and made a deal even though the car was in real bad shape atleast the engine sounded good there was a whole lot of rust,the interiors were totally gone,the suspension also wasent anything great,the radiator was leaking,3 of the door handles didnt work and the windows and dash vibrated like mad!!

I got the car paying more than double of what it was worth but anyway thats what happens when you buy with your heart instead of your head

The car details

Contessa Classic 1.8GL
1989 Petrol ((Yeah u read it right 1989 that makes the car 20 years old!!))
Nikki Glass Window Carb
White from factory and FC till 2010
2 previous owner i am the third(Still hav to transfer name)

After buying the car i immediately gave it for service to a local mechanic who supposedly was a skilled mechaninc when it comes to contessa's(but i was wrong again)I also consulted "Shekaran" a team-bhpian from pondicherry as to what all i could do with the car.He has been of immense help.
I got the car back from the mechanic only after 2 months the only thing he did was clean the front brake pads and change the brake liner at the rear and change a fuel pump....I was frustrated!!!

I decided it was time to give the poor old car a good overhaulin and hand it over to the professionals.By this time i had alredy spent on the following parts.

New Electronic fuel pump
New Radiator
New brake liners
New Bulbs

I thought hard and harder as to where and to whome i can give the car to mod!

I first thought of chennai but i really hate the working stlye of local tamil people they just keep on dragging and never stick to their deadlines.

Then came Bangalore the city of modded cars and speed-breakers i had never been to bangalore but then thought of giving it a try this is where i started searching on team BHP as to where in bangalore can we get a good paintjob.(i had initially thought of only getting a new paintjob)
The more i searched the more people recommended Sai colorium in JP nagar for their finish and great prices.I also saw the conti mustang and stretch innova thread--I was impressed!

So simple enough i contacted Mr Ananth from Sai Colorium and he seemed to be a good person on phone!

1st long ride on the conti 350kms from Pondicherry to Bangalore enjoyed every moment the car gave me a FE of 10kmpl on highway still need to do some carb jet tuning!!

Went personally to sai colorium and there was this exceptionally talented person there Mr Masood he showed me pics of his work and i was totally impressed because he was doing everything in metal and not that cheap looking fibre glass or whatever its called I got quite a heavy estimate for bodykit painting and tinkering.
But then i thought its still cheaper than giving to Chip Foose lol.

I agreed to the estimate after a little negotiating and left the car in Sai Colorium.

PS---> The pics are a month old

Story ---> To be continued
Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-001-7.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-001-4.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-001-2.jpg

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-001-5.jpg

I have also sourced a Bush kit for the suspension and ball joints for the front suspension(((This was real hard to source))
Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-001-3.jpg
Old 24th September 2009, 22:31   #2
BHPian

Buddy, I cant even taken my eyes off the look of the car. In every angle she looks hot. I am waiting to see the final look of Contessa. You have made the right choice to get the job done at banagalore. May be after 20 years of hardship the Contessa finally found a rightful owner who understood her inner beauty. Hats off to you Sparsh. Please post the next installment along with some more pictures. Are you getting her new shoes, the stock tyres doesnot seem to fit the profile of the looks. Please share the rate negotiated and total amount spent on the mod.

P.S: I love the look of Pulsar too.. care to explain about the mods and price listing.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a true indian muscle in the making !! Good one mate, only a real petrol head can sell a P220 and go for the Conti. Please get rid of that spoiler and make sure you get the racing stripes. Am hooked and good luck with the job.
That P220 looks uber cool too.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:12   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the reply mate.

I was supposed to paint the stripes but then i am supposed to leave the country in 15-20 days so just sticking to a single color for the body and a different color for the bonnet.The spoiler is glossy black the fins are going to be a diff color.

Any guesses what color the car is going to be??

The Spoiler is not yet complete it will have fins on the sides.

Please suggest a place to get the tail lights painted translucent black.

I took your advise and met Pradeep Menon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Buddy, I cant even taken my eyes off the look of the car. In every angle she looks hot. I am waiting to see the final look of Contessa. You have made the right choice to get the job done at banagalore. May be after 20 years of hardship the Contessa finally found a rightful owner who understood her inner beauty. Hats off to you Sparsh. Please post the next installment along with some more pictures. Are you getting her new shoes, the stock tyres doesnot seem to fit the profile of the looks. Please share the rate negotiated and total amount spent on the mod.

P.S: I love the look of Pulsar too.. care to explain about the mods and price listing.
I am having a hard time finding 120 PCD alloys in 15" size?!?! Can someone help??I am planning to get the Yokohama S drives 195\55\R15.

Infact the car is done i am supposed to pick it up tomorrow he he

P.S --->New Interiors have also been done in black and Beige Art leather.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2009 at 10:13.
Old 25th September 2009, 00:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

I agree with RJStyles, get rid of the spoiler it takes away from the Foose type look you want for the car. It seriously detracts from the rest of the work on the car and makes it look like a wannabe boy racer car. Apart from the dodgy spoiler it looks good.
Old 25th September 2009, 01:07   #6
Team-BHP Support

The car is already looking good except for the spoiler. Congrats for reviving the beauty. Please post the final pics.
Old 25th September 2009, 01:17   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

That's a job well done. Sell your P220, get a conti. Only makes sense in a petrolrun head.. Anyways, we want more pics . And yeah, remove the spoiler. Because beleive me, the number of comments that you'll get here to remove the spoiler will surely make you get rid of it anyways.
Old 25th September 2009, 02:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Like almost everybody before me, great work and PLEASE REMOVE THE SPOILER. Please, I mean it from the heart.
Old 25th September 2009, 02:23   #9
BHPian

don't 'spoil' the muscle

Hats off to you for the restoration !
But seriously, don't 'spoil' the muscle.

I can see, you are inspired by the 1970 Dodge charger(FnF1) (or maybe the black Buick GNX from FnF4... ) eitherways, as you can see below, they don't sport a spoiler.
Attached Thumbnails
Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-fast-furious-muscle-car.jpg  

Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-fast_furious_buick_gnx.jpg  

Old 25th September 2009, 06:53   #10
BHPian

Cant wait for the pics.Are you in bangalore now?Can i see the car personally?
Old 25th September 2009, 09:57   #11
BHPian

i'm speechless at your dedication sparsh. hats off.

it seems we have a really good mod job in progress. keep it coming.
we all are waiting with bated breath to see how the car turns out.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:20   #12
Team-BHP Support

Since you're at it, try sourcing pair headlamps. They look really good on Conti.
They were available those days for Conti and I'm sure you can still find a new set today. Try out JC Road in Bangalore.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Go for a twin webber setup. Get the car tuned by a professional and have fun.

Make sure you have good rubber to handle the power!
Old 25th September 2009, 10:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamersparsh View Post
I am having a hard time finding 120 PCD alloys in 15" size?!?! Can someone help??I am planning to get the Yokohama S drives 195\55\R15.
I heard the Beamer wheels are Perfect fit. But since you modified the conti so much why dont you put a spacer/hub and modify her to take the most common 100 PCD wheels. Just my 2 cents though.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 25th September 2009 at 10:40.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:52   #15
BHPian

The car is in its final stage and i am supposed to pick it up this evening but i am still sitting in pondicherry maybe i will pick it up tomorrow or on monday..

I have alredy sourced the twin headlamps.

Here is the List of mods done.

Full Bodykit with wheel arches done in metal.
The stupid spoiler.
Functional scoops on the hood.
Show off air intakes at the rear doors
Added Fog lamps
Reworked the silencer in the center.
Full tinker patch work.
Full color change paintjob(6 layers of paint)
Underbody 3M anti rust coating.
New door rubbers(are they worth 3K)
New glass runners.
New twin lamp setup.
New tat Sumo Victa lights at the rear.
New roofing.
New carpetting.
Total upholstery in Art leather.

Work still to be done:-
Oil service
Suspension Over haul
Dashboard repair
AC repair
Kiran Bhide Ignition kit
Alloys
Need to get ICE there is no ICE as of now!!

Somebody please suggest a place in bangalore to get the black tints on the taillights

As requested here is one more pic of the car
Contessa returns to life after 20 years!!-002.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks