Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2005, 20:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
WoW now thats what i call a review! Professional to the core, i honest preffered reading this to the test done by autocar and overdrive. It itching me to get this box even more now but i dont wanna take chances with my Endeavour as yet before some1 else fit one on it :P also i barely use that car so i dont really think its worth it for my drive to get a smile on his face more often than me.....probably would be worth it when my dad finally picks up the E270 Cdi which is long due.........this way i can swap the box to whichever of the two cars i drive
Good work Rtech and the crew that tested it and booming luck to Peter for blessing us all with this magical box, waitin for you to drop some more bombs like this on us in the near future.......i am sure you have a lot to get to us and expand your offerings.....probably next step would be a similar box for petrol cars but u seem to yet be secertive about it .....this time around we better be the first ones to know well in advanced so all of us can save up some cash and have a big smile on our face when we see your products ad in the mags.
Sure guys will defenitely keep you all informed. Have you guys actually checked out the aircheckers. It is nothing much but I swear you'll fall in love with it if you start using it.And at 595 a set it is a steal.

And I forgot to tell you we dont have a unit for the Endaevour.

Last edited by turboindia : 18th July 2005 at 20:53.
Old 18th July 2005, 20:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Manufacturer Claims:
Standard: 88 bhp 202 NM torque
PSI: 108.62 bhp 240 NM torque
- Horsepower and torque increased by 20%
- Better fuel efficiency
- Plug & play
- No changes in original ECU
- No modification to OE part
110 bhp. Hey isin't that exactly what the Octy L&K makes ??
I guess they are using the same parameters
Old 18th July 2005, 21:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rtech,

Great review.
I guess i should once more just state how happy you were with the performance of your car after it got boxed!
And 10.5Km/L is pretty impressive considering the way you were gunning it during our testing and amby valley trip (and rest of the week im sure!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil
.......this way i can swap the box to whichever of the two cars i drive
Hey Sahil, im not so sure that will work as im guessing there will be a difference in the connectors, and probably some settings in the box depending on the car (? peter)

Well, if you have the $$ you want to spend on getting more power out of your t-desiel, there is no better way to spend it.

Also, what about the stage 2 setting for the box which requires a K&N etc, what power increase does it have over the traditional setting?

cya
R
Old 18th July 2005, 22:35   #19
BHPian

Mna great review

2 Seconds is just a Phenominal gain. Un-f'in-believeable
Mindblowing. awesome. I have just run out of superlatives.
and i havent even tried it yet!!

I'm hopin' real hard that you will have something for the Petrol boys soon, esp the Baleno!!!
(self interest)

Great going pete!!
now i'm off to re-read your original post!!
Old 18th July 2005, 22:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Also, what about the stage 2 setting for the box which requires a K&N etc, what power increase does it have over the traditional setting?

cya
R
I am really curious about this too.......everyone seems to have tried it without a K&N....how about some real power freak taking that extra step and testing it with a K&N for us
Old 18th July 2005, 23:41   #21
BHPian

it sounds good

BUT , if it improves perfomance without a loss in fuel efficiency then why do the car manufactures not setup their ecu's with the same settings as the tunning box ????

after all the tunning box is only just controlling the engine in a slightly different way !!!

is their something we do not know that the engine manufacturers might know ?

increased rate of wear and tear ?
decrease in engine life ?
additional stress ?
Old 19th July 2005, 00:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

Great review guys! But i have one query. Did you guys go for an emission test. I am just curious wether the octy remains an Euro III after the box too.
Old 19th July 2005, 08:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I am really curious about this too.......everyone seems to have tried it without a K&N....how about some real power freak taking that extra step and testing it with a K&N for us
It will give you an additional 5 % more BHP. BUT YOU WILL LOOSE OUT ON FUEL EFFECIENCY. The normal setting we have found is the best you can get of both worlds but ofcourse it depends on a persons taste.

BUT , if it improves perfomance without a loss in fuel efficiency then why do the car manufactures not setup their ecu's with the same settings as the tunning box ????

Good point - Points to note in regard to this;

1) Some cars do have this option like for e.g. The Alfa Romeo is doing a special edition 147 with a Power Box. .

2) Some Countries have tax and insurance proportionate to the original power of the engine, so a more powerful car pays more tax and insurance.

3) Some manufacturers in certain Countries propose an increase as optional.
4) The ECU’s for a particular Car are usually manufactured in one of the plants for the whole world. Certain countries cannot accommodate excess power due to the low quality of fuel so the car is manufactured with a lower power output for the whole world to reduce overhead costs of making different ECU’s for different countries.

5) Hey and you need the knowhow - Guess Skoda and hyundai dont have it . JUST JOKING

So taking all these parameters into consideration I guess SKODA or HYUNDAI had some economic problem. Moreover the Skoda is available abroad with both the 90 BHP and 115 BHP Engines.BAsically same engines with different ECU's.

tsk1979 i have one query. Did you guys go for an emission test. I am just curious wether the octy remains an Euro III after the box too.

Next surprise - Try an emmission test and get back with the results. In the normal setting the car WILL PASS.

Last edited by turboindia : 19th July 2005 at 08:19.
Old 19th July 2005, 10:10   #24
BHPian

Hey pete,
Firstly pete congrads, nice work there and Rtech a very comprehensive review
Now i guess the reason why the box is not available for Indigos, is the tatas have already tuned the engine for maximum mileage.
And power wont increase in them without the FE coming down.
Old 19th July 2005, 10:28   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey
it sounds good

after all the tunning box is only just controlling the engine in a slightly different way !!!

is their something we do not know that the engine manufacturers might know ?

increased rate of wear and tear ?
decrease in engine life ?
additional stress ?
It's called marketing! For instance, there were talks about equiping the L&K with the 110hp upgrade here (don't know why they didn't do that finally!). There would be no changes except for a change in the ECU settings.

Similarly, Mercedes, along with almost all other car makers, use the same technique to differenciate between lower spec and higher spec models. The engine is exactly the same, but the power is upped by changes to the ECU, nothing else.
Old 19th July 2005, 10:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Hey pete,
Firstly pete congrads, nice work there and Rtech a very comprehensive review
Now i guess the reason why the box is not available for Indigos, is the tatas have already tuned the engine for maximum mileage.
And power wont increase in them without the FE coming down.
NO, not exactly

All turbo cars have an extra amount of intake air that can be used to fine tune the car but the TATA cars have not been tested with a tuning box and PSI will not bring out into the market a box that has not been tested in detail by them. Moreover we all know that the tata engines dont run for more than a lakh km so why take teh risk of doing something on that engine. SIMPLE
Old 19th July 2005, 10:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia
Moreover we all know that the tata engines dont run for more than a lakh km so why take teh risk of doing something on that engine. SIMPLE
Lets assume tata cars dont run for more than a lakh kms.
But I dont understand the risk part?.
Also do you think indica/indigo owners will not be interested in a unit, if it can increase the bhp and a marginal decrease in FE?
Old 19th July 2005, 11:42   #28
BHPian

I think what he's saying is that the tata owners are interested,
But his pricipals have certains principles that they stick to , i.e - putting out a quality , tested & reliable product and are not willing to damage their reputation, by having the tata engine go bust on them, after which the inger poiting will head towards pete & PSi
Old 19th July 2005, 12:19   #29
Team-BHP Support

huh! Tata trucks go for Overhauling after around 5lac kms, and taxis do fine till 2L. The only thing that does not last on Tata is electricals, i have not really heard about engine problems with Tata
Old 19th July 2005, 12:41   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Similarly, Mercedes, along with almost all other car makers, use the same technique to differenciate between lower spec and higher spec models. The engine is exactly the same, but the power is upped by changes to the ECU, nothing else.
Totally and absolutely. When Mercedes replaced the C200 with the C220, the price shot up by over a lac rupees. A significant amount if you consider that only the ECU was remapped.

Marketing rocks

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks