Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2005, 22:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvsandy
Hi, Thnx for the info. Can u pls provide more details abt the fipk filter?
Following details will help
* K&N stock replacement filter v/s fipk filter.
* pros & cons.
* price.
* performance, power & fuel efficiency data.
Fipk filters come with a hose which blows on cold air to the filter and its its placed below the air-dam of the car. the hose length is variable.... cold air or dense air means better combustion which adds to improved performance.Stock is just a replacemnt for your existing filter performance differnce is noticable but not a lot.
fipk for the getz costed me arnd 7.7k so it must be around the same for indica(1.4 l). fuel efficiency more or less remain the same.
check out this link for fipk filters
http://www.knfilters.com/FIPK/fipk.htm
Old 20th August 2005, 01:01   #17
BHPian

hi guys - someone please tell me where can i get K&N filter in pune and for how much ?
my requirements are
- Stock replacement filter for Zen 1996 model - (ie non-mpfi)
- Stock replacement filter for Maruti 1000 - 1991 model
Old 20th August 2005, 11:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys whats a K&N Panel Filter??
Old 20th August 2005, 17:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sandy,

Before you go for anything like a K&N filter (or any freeflow filter for that matter), open the clips on the airbox and remove the filter. Then close the bonnet and listen to what the car sounds like with the windows rolled up. This is pretty much what it will sound like with the K&N from inside the car. Then decide whether you want it or not.

My money says you wont go for ANY freeflow for the Indica after this little experiment. The sound is just HIDEOUS.

Ananth
Old 21st August 2005, 11:29   #20
BHPian

@ Sandy-The intake sound of the stock filter is almost not differnt at all.. the non stck does give a very throaty sound at the higher end of the engine revs... sound is a bit rallyish but drivability is what u get.. i am sure the users would vouch for that.. With using a universal filter and a free flow i get arnound 12.7 in city and 17 on highway with my esteem... so u gotta see for yourself how the filter feels.
Old 21st August 2005, 14:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage
@ Sandy-The intake sound of the stock filter is almost not differnt at all.. the non stck does give a very throaty sound at the higher end of the engine revs... sound is a bit rallyish but drivability is what u get..
He's talking about a V2 diesel, not a petrol. The diesel clatter along with the intake howl (which won't be high-pitched in a diesel as in a petrol) will make the car sound like one of those 407 mini-trucks. Its a different matter if you like that sound though.

Ananth
Old 21st August 2005, 15:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fipk filters come with a hose which blows on cold air to the filter and its its placed below the air-dam of the car. the hose length is variable.... cold air or dense air means better combustion which adds to improved performance.Stock is just a replacemnt for your existing filter performance differnce is noticable but not a lot.
fipk for the getz costed me arnd 7.7k so it must be around the same for indica(1.4 l). fuel efficiency more or less remain the same.
check out this link for fipk filters
http://www.knfilters.com/FIPK/fipk.htm
Do you also have a free flow. Where did you buy the FIPK kit from? Is it universal and will work in Swift. The reason I ask is that i think the prices in Delhi are more compared to Bangi and I am in Bangi right now, so thinking of buying it from here and getting it installed in Delhi. What say???
Old 21st August 2005, 19:30   #23
BHPian

@ananth -yeah, a diesel would be noisier.. but if the sound is gotten used to then it should be ok....without using a free flow the stock k&n shouldnt make much of a differnce..... but as you say the disel might have a higher decibel o/p. but i dont think fipk might be available for the the indica.....

@aseem- I dont have a free flow for the getz, gettin it done though. I bought the filter and got it fitted at methods who are the nation wide distributors, its not a universal filter but i heard from my engineer the fipk will be availble for swift soon....u can contact me if u need the info ill put you onto methods.
Old 21st August 2005, 20:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ananth -yeah, a diesel would be noisier.. but if the sound is gotten used to then it should be ok....without using a free flow the stock k&n shouldnt make much of a differnce..... but as you say the disel might have a higher decibel o/p. but i dont think fipk might be available for the the indica.....
Presently I am working on a freeflow exhaust for the Indica...Time and space permitting, it will be a completely new system from the port onwards....Otherwise it will be just the muffler...There will be some features to quieten the exhaust and make it sound more mellifluous and have more finesse than, for example, a taxi Sumo with a loud muffler. Will post details and degree of improvement (or lack thereof) as soon as it is done and tested.

My 2 cents, if they are of any use.
Ananth
Old 21st August 2005, 21:30   #25
BHPian

yeah thats cool, i am running a free flow in my esteem petrol, sounds beautiful..... no harshness but u get a good roar b/w 2k-3k rpm...... but me just running the muffler though next step would be a 4 0nto 2 header......
Old 22nd August 2005, 14:12   #26
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvsandy
Hi All, The very idea of creating a new thread for Indica V2 diesel was that to narrow the scope & cut the crap of all other vehicles. ie This thread is mainly intended for information transfer tying K&N & Indica V2 diesel. Not to offend anyone, kindly understand the thought process behind the start of a new thread being very specific to a particular topic. If you see, It started with Indica & now its going haywire with Swift, mazda etc... If I'm being rude, I'm extremely sorry.
Quick info: Every K&N filter has a part/model number. But in india, If you ask any dealer, they dont divulge this part number info. For eg: If you ask the part number for K&N stock replacement filter for Indica V2 diesel...answer got is : "In india it is marketed as K&N filter for Indica diesel & it doesnt carry any part number". The truth is that the distributor masks the part number with a sticker fearing that if ppl come to know of the number, then there will source the same from else where (US, singapore, etc...) for lesser. But after Herculean task, I was able to lay my hands on the part number PHEW!!! Now, I'm waiting for one of my friends/colleagues to get it from US
Mr hvsandy
i request that u share the part number with fellow BHPians, so that they too can avail the benefit of procuring from USA
since two days iam seeing ads of TATA saying a discount of upto 30K on indigo and indica also( free insurance + accessories worth 20K or cash discont). is it a prelude to upgraded versions. does any one have any idea in this regard
Old 22nd August 2005, 18:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

rkg, what you've said could turn out to be a huge rumour in the forum... kindly verify if the offer is true and also where you'd seen or come to know of the same.

I'm in the process of buying an Indica Diesel this month and i'm sure there is no such offer, not till today, so make sure of what your saying..... misleading info doesn't help....

AK

Last edited by k_ajay : 22nd August 2005 at 18:13.
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:37   #28
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi!
it is not a rumor. it is all over in news papers in banaglore. it is was there on monday TOI, last week TOI as well as Hindu also. for indica diesel it is free insurance + 20000 accessories or cash back. similalry for indigo also free insurance + accessories. it is paper ad iam referring to , not rumor. one can check last weeks news papers bangalore edition
Old 27th August 2005, 13:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rkg... Can you confirm this is a Tata nationwide offer? Cuz the Tata Concorde motors guy is telling me that there is only a 30,000 worth accessories or discount, but it is only on petrol and not on diesel...

please confirm...

Thanks.... AK
Old 29th August 2005, 17:01   #30
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi!
i met concorde guys in bangalore. they are telling that offer is form preranan motors in banaglore and it is linked to loan form ICICI bank.i have not had enough time to go to prerana motors and find out the truth. but i checked the ad in hindu and TOI it is from prerana motors. like free insurance and blaupunkt cd paleyr with 4 speakers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks