Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 14:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
This is of use to the member who is going through the problem.

I'll tell you why I think so.

In the other thread James was extremely disappointed and there was no way of contacting Harrie as he had stopped responding to calls and e-mails.

Only when James put up his story here that Harrie woke up and responded. So Harrie was very busy until a thread here opened up here?

After posting it here things are getting resolved.

Not only that, a member stryder who is close to Harrie went out of his way to call/sms him that he will ensure Harrie responds to this.

That was the advantage of Team-BHp.

When something goes wrong with your car during a service and the manufacturer or service centre do not respond what do you do?

You go and create a thread here about that service place or about the manufacturer. Most manufacturers follow Team-BHP and take note and actually take action to rectify the issue?

How is this any different than that?

Just because both parties are members here it does not make it washing dirty linen in public IMO.
+1.

as a silent reader and novice to most mods, i would rather like to know all possible things that can go wrong about dealer and workshops. it doesn't matter if they are T-bhp members or A.S.S.

this kind of threads help member like me to be vary and well informed beforehand.

UM
Old 25th November 2009, 15:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
In the other thread James was extremely disappointed and there was no way of contacting Harrie as he had stopped responding to calls and e-mails.
Quite agree. Lets not deviate from the topic and wish both of them come out pleased and happy and get their problem solved.

Wish to mention that I had even Pmed Harrie yesterday with a link to the thread only because I thought it should be brought to his notice and was hoping he should come clean on this. It saddens me to read things like this.

Like the most of here, I too purchase off the classifieds from people who I know very little off. I have sent the money initially and waited to get the ordered product and just trust that I am not cheated or hoodwinked. So its even my need that these kind of things dont happen. And most of my purchases have come out clean and in the process have even made new friends. If the people who I have bought from are reading this, they would be aware.

Its just that Harrie could have responded in the earlier thread where there were even instances, which I believe is not true of having failed to deliver as promised by some other members. One member even sent me a PM with a link to another forum accusing Harrie. Harrie could have personally solved all issues there rather than just solving one issue where he is involved.

Now this is like an election campaign by two individuals in two seperate threads like litreally asking, "Who was wrong, me or him?" which was not needed. This is a shame.

Hope it gets solved soon.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Came across many people exchanging stuff across the country through the only TRUST we had between us is we are all BHPIAN's. I never dream about these kind of situations will raise.
I don't want to comment on Harrie's post, but there is nothing wrong in him posting here, however we need to wait for the other to respond. But this is really unfair of doing this.

I'm not aware of steeroid's thread. Can any post the link for me?
Old 25th November 2009, 16:34   #19
BHPian

I think mods should look at creating a new section where these things can be highlighted.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I think mods should look at creating a new section where these things can be highlighted.
Or better, shut down the whole classifieds section altogether, along with banning any sort of marketing. I don't think the mods/admin want to open up a huge can of worms here. None of the deals or sellers can associate themselves with Team BHP. Let the cops and courtrooms handle everything.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:58   #21
BHPian

As vid6639 mentioned, this forum has done its job of putting james across to harry and also in the process both sides have had their opportunities to provide their side of the story so hopefully things work out amicably.

But one thing that upsets the viewers is the amount of mud slinging that went on which was not of good taste , but the frustration of affected parties is understandable. But could there have been a better way of using this forum to get such issues resolved minus the mudslinging. Probably james could have asked for help from T-Bhp coimbatore members to help put him through to harry. Maybe a few PM's and phone calls to the coimbatore folks would have worked better IMO. This is not just a premier Indian forum but is also viewed internationally (such is the popularity of T-Bhp) and somehow I feel that we as members should be more sensitive to what is posted out here. The frustrations of the parties are understandable, but did it have to be this way only. It seems to have a spiralling effect now, since there is another thread accusing someone else and there are few more names of the members mentioned there to garner support and it is probably only a matter of time before more such threads and posts are created.

Sorry james /harry if the above suggestion doesnt go well with you , especially james since i know how it feels to 'FEEL' cheated and the amount of frustration involved, but its just my opinion. I am not being judgmental on who is being right or wrong here , all i wish to state that maybe there were more amicable ways of settling this, and I hope you understand that in the course of these threads, harries reputation has taken quite a hit and maybe his buisness, but then i too agree that harry should have atleast kept in touch with you and updated you on the status, that defenitely is something he has to admit as his mistake.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is everyone worried about Team BHP? You guys are acting as if TBHP is some super valuable precious thing which will get affected by all of this.

Do any of oyu have plans to stop visiting TBHP or visit lesser due to these TWO issues? There are thousands of threads. Many of them useful. So, is ANYONE actually going to stop visiting TBHP just because of THREE threads? That's ridiculous.

Why are you guys unable to see it? Why are you placing such a high premium on TBHP's brand name?

As far as I know and believe, the reputation of TBHP is much stronger than what you people believe. The reputation of a forum isnt made or broken by such issues when there are a thousand threads talking about technical issues.

Another thing to keep in mind is that misunderstandings happen everywhere in the world. You think some other forums like bimmerforums or something wouldnt have had any incident like this? This is life. **** happens. You flush it and move one.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Vid and Nikhil both. And its OK just like now! People have as much individual credibility as we expect from carmakers/*** etc.

If there are people like Ishan tyrewala, HVK etc who are legends on teambhp - its because of their actions! And yes, the real world's not coochey cooey so dirty linen is the norm rather than the exception!

Infact, I'd use this opportunity to wish that a certain legendary bulleteer of a certain club whom I knew back in some days, was on TeamBHP now! Long story short: The fellow borrowed 15k citing father's health emergency in Apr '07. I got only 5k back in a week's time. The rest, never! The connection: he was a tuner/workshop owner
Old 25th November 2009, 18:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

My response to Harrie:

1. I did not make anything off your car. I have told you time and again. You were with me every step of the way, and you know better than to think I made any money. This I can swear on a stack of whatever you want, or on my own head.

2. Yes, the rims were swapped, with your knowledge. It was done in front of you if I remember right. Your rebuild kit, like I said, was lying around for the longest time waiting for you to pick it up because it wasn't used.

3. Your gearbox story appears a little different. You sold your stock gearbox. Much later, you needed a gearbox since your AT box wasn't working. You asked me to help, and I tried to find you one. The only one I could find at such short notice was the one I sent you. Yes, I did not check it because being an OE Civic box, I did not expect it to have any issues. But, you didn't check it either, and didn't even tell me about this until many months later. When you DID bring it up and asked me what I was going to do about it, I first asked you why you didn't bring this up earlier. I then offered to help you find another one, and replace it. You did not respond to this.

I don't know why you are bringing other people's names into this. I have not dealt with Santosh, Zak or anyone else. I was a college student and an intern at an organisation where they seemed to have had issues. Unfortunately, being associated with them on a personal level seems to have made me a convenient scapegoat. Time and again I have stated this, both publicly and in private to them. I don't even know where Sriram, Amit, Jay, and Rahul's name entered the picture.

Since the other thread is locked, let me also say this:

I know you come from an influential family and have known so long before you made it public. We were also very good friends, which is why for a long time -- many months -- I did not understand your behaviour. Much later I found out that you felt shortchanged about the Mivec etc, upon which I called you and sent you multiple SMSes. Again, you did not answer. I tried to clear up the misunderstanding, but I was evidently not successful. I guess on the other thread you were referring to Santosh, Zak etc, so it's pretty much out in the open here anyway.

You say you will return my stuff if I accept to being a con. I can be proud of the fact that I have never made a single paisa from dishonesty or off someone else's misfortune. So now I guess I am pretty much saying I don't want the stuff.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Why is everyone worried about Team BHP? You guys are acting as if TBHP is some super valuable precious thing which will get affected by all of this.

Do any of oyu have plans to stop visiting TBHP or visit lesser due to these TWO issues? There are thousands of threads. Many of them useful. So, is ANYONE actually going to stop visiting TBHP just because of THREE threads? That's ridiculous.

Why are you guys unable to see it? Why are you placing such a high premium on TBHP's brand name?

As far as I know and believe, the reputation of TBHP is much stronger than what you people believe. The reputation of a forum isnt made or broken by such issues when there are a thousand threads talking about technical issues.

Another thing to keep in mind is that misunderstandings happen everywhere in the world. You think some other forums like bimmerforums or something wouldnt have had any incident like this? This is life. **** happens. You flush it and move one.
It's not about the reputation of TBHP getting tarnished. Rather, as soon as a seperate section is made for complaints against people here, what you will have is hundreds of people complaining against each other for petty reasons. And who judges who's right and who's wrong? 2 days have gone by and you have an insane amount of mudslinging going on and threats being passed. Do the moderators/admins want to do this day-in and day-out? What happens when someone is found guilty? Sure as hell, a ban is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The staff has never favoured people marketing their services/parts in the forums and that has kept the forum relatively free of direct marketing (though you still have pawns who will keep badmouthing and praising products/services/tuners for whatever benefits they get from the respective people).
Old 25th November 2009, 21:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Or better, shut down the whole classifieds section altogether, along with banning any sort of marketing. I don't think the mods/admin want to open up a huge can of worms here. None of the deals or sellers can associate themselves with Team BHP. Let the cops and courtrooms handle everything.
How extreme can one get! I first saw my GTX in the classifieds here. I popped over, took a good look at it and bought it. The seller was a thorough gentleman as was his friend a member here (Shantyrocks) who posted the ad on his behalf. My faith in human decency is re-affirmed after that transaction.

I have no regrets, make that - I am delighted, buying a car off the TBHP classifieds and hope I have not caused any pain to the other party. Of course, I took the normal precautions - a thorough inspection, insistence on proper paperwork, a fair bit of haggling etc.

Cheers,
Old 25th November 2009, 21:29   #27
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Since we locked Akshay's thread, it is only fair that we lock this one also. Both parties have stated their case. If there is a resolution path or documented proof to be added. Pls PM the mods

Till then ...schluss!

Last edited by ajmat : 25th November 2009 at 21:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks