Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2005, 03:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Type1 Honda City Turbo

Hey guys,
Im posting a few pics of the KS Motorsport Honda City Turbo producing 200+ horses.This is one of those cars which has the best of everything.
It literally flies.Check out the pics.

X
Old 13th August 2005, 03:52   #2
BHPian

pics not taken in the best angles...but the car does look good upfront
Old 13th August 2005, 04:07   #3
BANNED

how much does the turbo cost?
Old 13th August 2005, 07:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
how much does the turbo cost?
And how much does it cost for everything!!
Old 13th August 2005, 09:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Any quarter-mile times yet? also, have any suspension mods been done to the car....

Ananth
Old 13th August 2005, 09:36   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Isnt this the same machine that was blasting everyone at the Speedrun? If it is, then its a very very fast car indeed.

Buttttttttttttttttt I tend to take quoted BHP figures, from Indian tuners, with a pinch of salt. Take this car for instance, in stock form it makes a 100 bhp. You can add turbos, fuel management systems, chips etc. But doubling the horsepower? Unless its calculated on a dyno, you aint going to get my fries.

GTO
Old 13th August 2005, 13:49   #7
BHPian

the car is indeed fast.. the driver though is a biker and is still learning how to drive cars of this level..you can say he is an amatuer excited driver and is a very good friend of mine (hopefully after reading what i wrote about him paintjob was customised by the owner it self and he himself has painted the car. the wheels are 16's and suspension mods are due to be done soon. is running on one of the best piston makers i.e. JE. This car has all kinds of mods and you can say that almost every part of the engine is not stock.. its quick.. but if you see this driver ripping through the streets be careful as he might just ram into you.. give it time.. probably 6 months and he should be able to drive better....

Z
Old 13th August 2005, 15:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

llast time i checked that car blew its engine in bangalore..good to see its back on the road....agree with GTO...the BHP figures need to be proven
Old 13th August 2005, 15:43   #9
BHPian

sure iceman. its a fast car.. but not 200hp.. no one can say what is the actual power of the car without a dyno.. i guess in bangalore there is a dyno and should get the car there to get it checked cause many bangalore cars have been claimed to be around 175+ especially the esteem engined zens.. only problem is that its too far to go to and dont know where the dyno is.. but it would be good to get the car tested...
Old 13th August 2005, 15:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Can the stock front axle of that City handle the power increase of nearly 100%
Old 13th August 2005, 15:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

the car sure looks menanceing ..hasnt K.S done up one more blue turbo city??
Old 13th August 2005, 16:15   #12
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
the car sure looks menanceing ..hasnt K.S done up one more blue turbo city??
yes there s another turbo blue city also which was also at the recent speedrun
Old 13th August 2005, 16:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
s.. i guess in bangalore there is a dyno and should get the car there to get it checked cause many bangalore cars have been claimed to be around 175+ especially the esteem engined zens..
Where in Bangalore is this dyno? If this is true, good for us customers, its about time we started bursting tuner's egos...I'm not saying 200 bhp is impossible, but simply saying offhand that the car has that much doesn't prove it.

Ananth
Old 13th August 2005, 17:14   #14
BHPian

I dont think anyone can say how much a car is putting out unless and until you have a dyno... Even the gtech cannot say accurately what the car is putting out. therefore people claiming cars to be a certain figure cannot be proven unless there is a dyno.. and ananth i said i guess there is a dyno as most banglorians claim their cars to be certain figures such as 175 bhp or 180 bhp or 200 bhp with great confidence...
its high time dyno's come into tuners hands as it will help tune the car as well as save time and effort and money...
Old 13th August 2005, 18:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
and ananth i said i guess there is a dyno as most banglorians claim their cars to be certain figures such as 175 bhp or 180 bhp or 200 bhp with great confidence...
its high time dyno's come into tuners hands as it will help tune the car as well as save time and effort and money...
lol some Bangaloreans I know have GREAT confidence in ANYTHING they do...as far as I know, there is no dyno there, I thought you might know something more...

As for tuners getting dynos, that ain't gonna happen with the present breed.....A dyno may help them with tuning, but more importantly, it takes away their bragging rights so that they cant fool kids anymore with their stratospheric BHP figures....

As far as I know, the only dynos in Indian tuners' hands are with Jayem Automotive in Coimbatore (they built Jaya engines so they had to have a dyno), and with Vicky Chandhok in Chennai...Most engineering colleges have them as well but these are too rudimentary and can measure only at a fixed rpm...you cant get a power curve or any automated figures....All the car and bike companies in India do have dynos (both rolling road and engine mount) which are VERY, VERY expensive....and not for rent/lease..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks