Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 00:24   #16
BHPian

Sunroof for New Honda City

Hi guys, it will be really great if someone can tell me where can I get an electronic sunroof for my new Honda city in New Delhi. I am in Agra and the dealer is a real chor !! he is asking for 1 lakh rupees !!
Old 21st April 2009, 15:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Hi guys, it will be really great if someone can tell me where can I get an electronic sunroof for my new Honda city in New Delhi. I am in Agra and the dealer is a real chor !! he is asking for 1 lakh rupees !!
Maybe not one lakh but don't expect it cheap. Go to the website of Webasto and find their contact details, get in touch with them. I believe they specialize in these kinda things. If there's any other reputed company, team-bhp'ians, feel free to suggest as this is the only one I'm aware of.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

i read somewhere in the forum that aftermarket sunroofs are prone to rattles especially these webasto one's
so think twice before you take the plunge
Old 21st April 2009, 15:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have had a Webasto sunroof on my Swift for close to 3 years now and have never faced any problems with it.

This is the model that I have on my car and I paid around 27k for it 3 years back.

Webasto Sunroofs India, Car roofs Accessories, Company fitted sunroofs, webasto Motherson India
Old 22nd April 2009, 00:06   #20
BHPian

Thanks guys !! Will look into it
Old 29th October 2009, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Me too asked about it when i booked my swift, as it was given in the Brochure, but, they told me they will be outsourcing it, and also they also didn't recommend it as they wont be responsible if any leakage comes in future, so just gave up the idea! ! !
Old 19th May 2010, 14:46   #22
BHPian

Thinking of a SunRoof on my Honda Civic v 2010 !!

Hey Guys,

Searched trough google and also the forum's here if anyone has got a sun roof fitted on their Honda Civic, i would like to know if the Honda's can do it or anyone else that you guys could recommend, also how much it would cost me, the pro's and con's of the sun roof fitted after.
I Like the ones that come with the Crv, also like the one i have on my i20, wouldnt mind going for the same ones, just dont want cheap quality or troubles during monsoon or the wind sound inside the car at high speeds.

Cheeers,
Ollie !
Old 19th May 2010, 15:30   #23
BANNED

Make sure you get a reputed brand, and professionally installed. Cutting for the sun roof also involves reinforcement to maintain the cage rigidity.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:44   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Webasto or nothing else. Webasto Sunroofs India, Car roofs Accessories, Company fitted sunroofs, webasto Motherson India
Old 19th May 2010, 18:06   #25
BANNED

im watching this. wanna do on my civic too if this goes well and price is right
Old 21st May 2010, 14:02   #26
BHPian

I Called Webasto in mumbai, got their number from the website, he representative sent me pics of the in-built sunroof on the civic, which is the same as i wanted, he quoted me a price of 1.10 Lacks, with 2 yrs of warranty. I asked him the difference between the fitment from the company and the ones he gave. He said the area covered (Glass) on the roof is more than what the company provides.
At the same time i spoke to a guy from Apex Honda, if they can get me a sunroof like the ones they now fitting in the accord, he first quoted me 1.10 Lacks, with 2 yrs of warranty from water leakage and mechanical problems just like webasto. Later he called again and said we can workout a discount of rs.5K and might just extend a warranty.
But anyways i guess spending 1.10 lacks something cosmetic which does not have any real usefulness is a bad idea.
Old 21st May 2010, 14:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
But anyways i guess spending 1.10 lacks something cosmetic which does not have any real usefulness is a bad idea.

Unless you have cash to burn, it's a bad idea. 1.1L is not worth it IMO
Old 21st May 2010, 14:25   #28
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2010 at 11:47.
subodh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st May 2010, 14:33   #29
BANNED

Agreed. Also, Wabasto or bust!!! In India a sunroof is something we can easily do without, like a Vinyl Roof.
Old 21st May 2010, 14:34   #30
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2010 at 11:48.
ollie is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks