Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Neck support for long drives

I used to ride my pulsar during college days in Delhi NCR and did 1.5+ hour trips every day. Didn't felt any sort of pain anywhere. After 4-5 years when I ride the same bike for just over 20 mins the wrists, shoulders and lower back ache & feels strained.

Similarly driving my figo with most comfortable seat settings leaves my neck and shoulders ache and strained only after 30-40 mins.

I was searching a remedy for my sprains and aches. Lots of people have discussed about yoga and physiotherapy here. Is there some exercise/movements which i can do myself at home without any professional help? BTW I have started going for a walk for around 1 hour everyday from January.

@neel385: I drive with seats comfortably inclined at around 20 deg. even then i face the problem. Did the physio suggested some exercise for you?

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 22nd March 2012 at 09:07.
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, I might be wrong but having suffered from a disc prolapse at an early age, I would urge you to start doing yoga. It is the most effective (if not the only one) when it comes to taking care of our body, mind & soul.

As for some exercise, you can do something while sitting in the car itself, especially on long drives. Park the car to the side of the road at a safe place & then recline your back support to an angle so that your spine is at 90 degrees to your thighs on the seat. Rest your head backwards on the head rest & make a figure of '8' by moving your head & assume as if you are drawing this '8' with your nose tip. Do it clockwise & anti-clockwise. Keep doing this for about 5-7 minutes & it would help.

Secondly, every time you get out of the car, stretch yourself by pushing your hands as far up in the sky as possible & look upwards as well. And finally, turn & twist slowly (rotating on your axis).

These little things apart from yoga have helped me a lot. try them & see if they help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I used to ride my pulsar during college days in Delhi NCR and did 1.5+ hour trips every day. Didn't felt any sort of pain anywhere. After 4-5 years when I ride the same bike for just over 20 mins the wrists, shoulders and lower back ache & feels strained.

Similarly driving my figo with most comfortable seat settings leaves my neck and shoulders ache and strained only after 30-40 mins.

I was searching a remedy for my sprains and aches. Lots of people have discussed about yoga and physiotherapy here. Is there some exercise/movements which i can do myself at home without any professional help? BTW I have started going for a walk for around 1 hour everyday from January.

@neel385: I drive with seats comfortably inclined at around 20 deg. even then i face the problem. Did the physio suggested some exercise for you?
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Best thing for disk back pain issues is get a pair of racing seats. Nice ones will cost 60-70k. But worth it. You can change it to any car unless you fancy electric heating or height adjustments. This worked for me. Nothing offers more support for your body.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks