Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 11:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Hiker Roof top carrier for the scorpio

Any recommendation for a good rooftop carrier? My Scorpio Turbo doesn't have side rails. My usage is occasional, so it should be easy to remove/ fix. I called one of the dealers for Bangalore listed in hiker India - but he was saying hiker can't be fixed without side rails.
Old 14th May 2013, 13:02   #32
BHPian

Has anyone added side rails / sky racks to Scorpio? My Turbo doesn't have one and thinking of adding them to fit a good carrier.
Old 5th September 2016, 22:01   #33
BHPian

Just to complete the above two questions - I did get the sky racks fixed in Scorpio and it was fitted for the last about 2 years. This year there was a rattling noise due to one of the set of bolts in them - once re-fixed things are ok. Got this done at Anant Cars BG Road, Blr. Fitting this costed about 10K. Recently one of the caps came off and couldn't find a replacement - I just fixed it using the electrical tape.

Also got CTrack X300(A) luggage carrier which costed about 10K. This was beautiful for Scorpio - just that it is small and the luggage space would be between the racks and it was a bit shorter. But this was the best looking luggage carrier I came across and hence fixed the same for the occasional use. It was looking neat and hence I never removed the same, though, they claim its easy to remove and fix. Once in a while it was difficult to get into some basements - for example UB City.

I have now sold Scorpio along with the carrier.
genopv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks