Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2019, 06:52   #16
BANNED

Re: How to spice up my Santro's interiors

Hi Folks, I'm still loving in my lady luck Santro since 2009. It's amazing relationship without any problem. I have certain query wish to get insight.

1. Coolant level getting down slowly after 3-4 months. Is there any minor leak out of there? Checked with mechanic but he didn't find anything abnormal. Crossed fingers here.

2. When starts car and AC both simenteneously, there is metal churning noice (chiiiiiiiii......chiiiiiiiii) in mostly 2 and 3 gear. This is recent phenomena...

3. Have had not changed break fluid, gear oil and steering fluid till now, since 2009.... Lol??.... No issues there but share with you...

4. One rear tubless tyre shows low air pressure 20 psi. after 4-5 days of air filled to 38psi. Welcome your advice before I approach to garage. Its educate myself for better understanding.

Thanks in advance
Old 16th May 2019, 07:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
Hi Folks, I'm still loving in my lady luck Santro since 2009.

1. Coolant level getting down slowly after 3-4 months. Is there any minor leak out of there?

2. When starts car and AC both simenteneously,

3. Have had not changed break fluid, gear oil and steering fluid till now, since 2009.... Lol??

4. One rear tubless tyre shows low air pressure 20 psi. after 4-5 days of air filled to 38psi.

Thanks in advance
I guess your car has not run beyond 50K kms, check all gaskets, o-rings, belts and tyres. This looks like natural wear and tear of rubber parts. I advise to take your vehicle to a FNG rather than an ASC.
Old 16th May 2019, 08:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
Hi Folks, I'm still loving in my lady luck Santro since 2009. It's amazing relationship without any problem. I have certain query wish to get insight.
Hey, fellow Santro owner here (2004 model). Will try my best to answer your queries.

Quote:
1. Coolant level getting down slowly after 3-4 months. Is there any minor leak out of there? Checked with mechanic but he didn't find anything abnormal. Crossed fingers here.
There seems to be some minor leak. Get all the hoses checked since they tend to crack over a long period of time. I'm assuming you got the coolant flushed and changed in a recent service?

Quote:
2. When starts car and AC both simenteneously, there is metal churning noice (chiiiiiiiii......chiiiiiiiii) in mostly 2 and 3 gear. This is recent phenomena...
That is the sound of the AC compressor belt slipping. I have the same noise in my car, but it happens only when I turn on the AC while the engine is still cold (right after starting the car). If I turn on the AC after driving for a couple of minutes, the noise isn't there.

However, the slipping noise that you get in 2nd and 3rd gear happens when you lug the engine. Please don't use higher gears when you're at a lower speed. I get the same noise sometimes too, but then I immediately downshift and the noise goes. At a higher gear, with the AC compressor on, the engine struggles to pull.

If you want, you can take your car to the mechanic. He'll tighten the belt if it requires tightening, or he'll advise you to change it. As for me, I've left it as it is, and I just keep in mind to turn on the AC after the engine has reached optimum temperature as per the temperature gauge. This also helps in letting the accumulated hot air in the car escape by then.

Quote:
3. Have had not changed break fluid, gear oil and steering fluid till now, since 2009.... Lol??.... No issues there but share with you...
Get the fluid levels checked. I'm not sure of the interval at which they need to be changed, but you could check your owner's manual regarding those. I don't have a power steering hence no steering oil, but my car's brake fluid was flushed and filled recently (previous owner did it). I intend to get the gear oil changed in the next service (in 2020) since the gearshifts have become kind of notchy.

Quote:
4. One rear tubless tyre shows low air pressure 20 psi. after 4-5 days of air filled to 38psi. Welcome your advice before I approach to garage. Its educate myself for better understanding.
Faced this issue recently. There's a slow leak for sure. In my case, it was leaking from the valve and a bent portion of the rim. If there's some other reason for the leak, it can be fixed. The valve can also be replaced. However, if your rim is bent, the puncture wala will advise you to use tubes in your tubeless tires. While this may seem like a good proposition, it's certainly not recommended. In my case, I figured out that the cost of a new steel rim (old stock) at a tire shop was just marginally more than the cost quoted by the puncture wala to put a tube in the tubeless tire. Got a new rim, and now all's well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks